IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic values and Western 'culture'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic values and Western 'culture'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Oh, thanks a lot for choosing to say nothing because you have nothing sensible to say.

�

Hmm that is your opinion... she has lots to say that is sensible... now you on the other hand... well... considering you've never been here.. its like I keep my mouth shut when discussing India much, never been there, can go on what I read, but how accurate is� anything anymore.. you of course, know about everyone.. all over the world..� like discussing African - Americans... how many do you know?? Now many African- Amricans are 'illiterate' and would be the first to tell you how AIDS is transmitted.. they are not dumb people.� UGGH� You are operating in stereotpes abound...

�

�

[IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif" height="17" width="45" align="absmiddle" alt="Hug" />

Oh! such touching attachment in this mutual admiration society brought tears in my eyes.

Edited by candid_new - 26 March 2009 at 11:31am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:42pm

Oh! such touching attachment in this mutual admiration society brought tears in my eyes.

Did it, how SWEET. LOL
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:00pm

It's probably just the fumes from all of those unwashed illiterate people thronging the streets where you live....

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 5:31am
 "I have been reading this thread from an objective point of view - and sorry, you sound really ignorant and foolish . . . not to mention close-sighted and . . . . fish-in-a-pondish.

Seriously!!!"

LOL !!!

Chrysy - you are, as we say here, 'such a geg'.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

In some regards you are as ignorant, foolish, close sighted and 'fish-in'a-pondish' as people can possibly be. LOL

I believe part of the reason for that is that you try to be too objective too often. A little subjectivity is a good thing some times. It helps us walk in the shoes of the other person, really know and understand them, and not make foolish and ignorant judgements on things about them we really cannot possibly understand from our myopically objective or subjective perspectives.

You are so mindbogglingly ignorant on some issues, and not the only one here, that this will simply go straight over your head I know.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:04pm
I think we all have our own ponds.. Mine has pretty fish in it..
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

Chrysy - you are, as we say here, 'such a geg'. 

'ppreciate the feebdback.  , and I just HAD to google up 'geg'. . .

though ofcourse I dont think 'gegging' on public forums is rude . . .  Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:01am

It's just an expression here, Chrys. Belfast mainly. Something I could do with at the mo - a 'geg' - a laugh.  Difficult and painful saying goodbye to people from your life. Not easy resigning to 'Allah's will,' when your heart feels like it's going through a shredder :)

Anyway -

cya later C

be good :-)

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I think we all have our own ponds.. Mine has pretty fish in it..

Mine is chocolate......mmmmmmmmmmmm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic