IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Somalia implementing Shariah law ??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Somalia implementing Shariah law ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Somalia implementing Shariah law ??
    Posted: 11 March 2009 at 5:57pm

Assalamu Alaikum.

It makes me happy to hear that there are some of us trying to implement sharia law in our countries. Somalia being one of them and also Pakistan ! I salute these countries! Since i want to study sharia law, this seems interesting. What do you think ?

�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:19pm
As-salam-u-laikum JihadX,
I am really happy that Somalia is trying to establish Sharia Law. As long as the country does follow our religion correctly, I give it a thumbs up. Interesting Fact: There are many Somali families where I live here in the U.S.. Many of the sisters told me that the Somali people did not know or understand Islam good until they entered the US as refugees. Also, they never even had an actually Mushaf-al Quran to read and learn from.
May Allah help us all increase the knowledge of our beautiful deen.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 8:00am
Unfortunately Bro, niether of the two countries you mentioned practise Shariah fully. They just pick out thier favourite bits and pieces. . .

I appreciate thier intention though. However, in reality - the fact is that they are not implementing Shariah properly. Danty is correct when she(?) says many of them are not even aware of actual Islam - rather rely on traditions and culture.

Didnt want to disappoint you brother, just laying out the facts Smile But inshallah, may Allah give us all hidayat and the ability, intention to fulfill His commands.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 11:01am
ameen. Inshallah!!
Also, i really appreciate their effort because other countries do not want sharia law and they are muslim countries.
Countries like somalia and pakistan needs more scholars so that they can implement correct shariah and have the knowledge to implement correctly!
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 7:31pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am happy for Somalia. Brought up a good discussion Jihad X

Sis Chrysallis , i would like to know the truth of Pak. {Swat}. Why do you think that the shariah is n't fully implemented ? I would like to know more abt that place and people.

You know Indian media {i don;t trust}. Unhay neend hi nahi aati, jab tak ki Pak kay baray mein kuch nafratein na dalay. Anyways, i actually thought to pm you of this question of mine, but as the topic is on, continued here.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Am happy for Somalia. Brought up a good discussion Jihad X

Sis Chrysallis , i would like to know the truth of Pak. {Swat}. Why do you think that the shariah is n't fully implemented ? I would like to know more abt that place and people.

You know Indian media {i don;t trust}. Unhay neend hi nahi aati, jab tak ki Pak kay baray mein kuch nafratein na dalay. Anyways, i actually thought to pm you of this question of mine, but as the topic is on, continued here.

To be honest - the last year or so in Pakistani Politics has left me pretty disappointed and so I have stopped following the news. I need to look up the Swat Issue myself. . . because I also wana know whats going on Smile

And about the media - saara media hi aisa hai! waisay thats true what u say about the Indian media . . . Pak main ham intni anti India news nahi dikhaatay - unless its on defensive mode. Anyway, Inshallah  - will post any info I gather on the Swat Issue later. . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:13pm
Btw, when I was talking abt how Shariah in Pakistan was not implemented fully - I was talking about the pre-swat issue time . .  i.e. the "Shariah" that Zia ul Haque supposedly implemented. . . which had made up stuff like 4 female witnesses and all. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic