IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was muhammad's first teacher a christian?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Was muhammad's first teacher a christian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by owen.grandison owen.grandison wrote:

Yes, according to orthodox sunni muslims own writings, waraqa bin naufal (527-639) was a christian. 

"Then she rose and gathered her garments about her and set forth to her cousin waraqa... who had become a christian and read the scriptures and learned from those that follow the torah and the gospel".

Waraqa attached himself to christianity and studied its scriptures until he had thoroughly mastered them".

(The life of muhammad.  A. guillaume.  Oxford university press. 1980 A.D. pages 83, 99).

To owen.grandison

Here is my question for you 'Where it is written that waraqa bin naufal taught Muhammad Torah and Bible?'

Now let me quote the complete story of waraqa bin naufal from most the authentic source 'Sahih Bukhari'

The complete story is narrated by Aisha (peace be upon her) in Sahih Al-Bukhari:

"The commencement of the Divine Inspiration of Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continually for many days before wishing to see his family. He used to take with him provisions for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadeejah to eat his food again as before.

One day suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (peace be upon him) added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, "I do not know how to read." Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time until I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?" Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, "Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists), created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.'"(96):1-3.

Then Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) returned with the Inspiration and with his heart trembling. He went to Khadeejah the daughter of Khuwaylid (his wife) and said, "Cover me!" She covered him until his fear subsided. After that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadeejah replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving people afflicted with calamities."

Khadeejah then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqah ibn Nawfal ibn Asad ibn AbdulUzza, who, during the pre-Islamic period became a Christian and used to write in the Hebrew alphabet. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight.

Khadeejah said to Waraqah, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqah asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described that which he had seen. Waraqah said, "This is the one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live until the time when your people will turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqah replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to that which you have brought was greeted with hostility; and if I remain alive until the day when you will be turned out then I should support you strongly."

owen.grandison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owen.grandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 4:29pm
I am actually studying islam and have been for years.  As you know it will be ongoing till the day i leave this realm.  And i'm not copying and pasting i just have knowledge and truth i would like to share with the world.  And i don't need to go to anti-islamic sites for my questions.  I have books of my own which stirs my mind.

Think about what you are saying anti-islamic.  That is a ridiculous statement to say to me because islam means peace so you are suggesting that i'm anti peace.  LOL

Now orthodox sunni muslims would never admit that the founder of islam was recognized first by a christian.  To say this is blasphemy to the orthodox sunni muslim world.

Muhammad while a young boy heard koss, bishop of nejran, preach a purer creed than that of mecca, in accents which agitated and aroused his soul.  Thus this is one of the proofs that he was influenced by christians!

Then it was said a little later on when muhammad was nine years old, he was with his uncle abu taalib while traveling in a caravan a roman catholic monk named bahira, from busra, syria had invited them to a feast, and saw the boy and questioned him.  Then he asked to see the mark on his back.  He exclaimed "it is the seal of prophethood."  This catholic monk warned muhammad's uncle, by telling him to take your brothers son back to his country and  guard him against the jews.  for by god if they see him and know of him that which i know they will construe evil against him.  Great things are in store for this brother's son of yours.  It was nothing but a big P.L.O.T by catholics for st. augustine and the catholic church!

The monk bahira was well versed in the knowledge of christians.  Bahira looked upon the prophet muhammad who said:  "Ask me what you like.  So he began to ask him about what happened in his sleep, and his habits, and his affairs, generally, and what the apostle of god told him coincided with what bahira knew of his description.  Then he looked at his back and saw the seal of prophethood between his shoulders in the very place described in his book..."
(The life of muhamamd, a. guillaume, oxford university press. 1980 A.D. pages 80)

This is the same story of jesus in jerusalem with the elders as a young boy (gospel of luke 2:41-47).

When muhammad was taken back to mecca, bahira kept the jews away from him.  Prior to muhammad's marriage to khadiyjah (who was older than he was and had been married twice before) this event took place:

"The apostle stopped in the shade of a tree near a monk's cell, when the monk came up to maysara and asked who the man was who was resting beneath the tree.  He told him that he was of quraish, the people who held the sanctuary and the monk exclaimed: none but a prophet ever sat beneath this tree.

(the life of muhammad, a. guillaume, oxford university press, 1980 A.D. page 82).

Despite your own writings, the orthodox sunni muslims do not give the christians credit for being knowledgeable enough in the scriptures which came before the qur'aan to foretell and plan the propethood of muhammad as you have just read.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 11:04pm
The monk Bahira and Warqah bin Naufal recognised Muhammad {Sallal lahu alayhi wa sallam} as a prophet. They cud recognise him easily as it was already propheised in the Gospels and Torah and signs abt him.  So why don't you then recognise Muhammad as a Prophet, like those ancestors of yours did ? Even today, you have your scripture in your hand, which still contains those prophesies. Why don't you look into it and accept Muhammad as a Prophet ?

No where, is it proved that Prophet Muhammad {Pbuh} was taught by any christian ?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
owen.grandison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owen.grandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 6:06am
IT WAS CHRISTIANS WHO WANTED THE SO-CALLED PAGANISTIC ARABS TO CONVERT TO THIS NEW FOUNDED RELIGION, ISLAM?

On one such feast day, four men separated themselves from the rest of the qurayshites and decided among themselves that idol worship was wrong.

these men were:

1) Waqara bin naufal bin asad bin abdul uzza - who was a christian, and a distand cousin of muhammad.  It was waraqa who said:  "Verily muhammad is the prophet of this people."

2) Ubaydullah ibn jash ibn ra'ab ibn ya'mar ibn sabra ibn murra ibn kabir ibn ghanm ibn dudan asad ibn khazayam
; - who was related to muhammad by his grandfather abdul muttalib and went t o abyssinia and became a christian.

3) Uthman bin al huwayrith bin asad bin abudl uzza ibn qusayy - khadiyjah's cousin and became a christian at constantinople as well.

4) Zayd ibn amr ibn nufayl ibn abdul uzza ibn abdullah ibn qurt ibn riyah ibn uzzah ibn adiyy ibn ka'b ibn luwaiy - he was a cousin of umar.

They sought to control arabia's trade and influence muhammad religious thoughts, thus they proclaimed they did not believe that idol worship was a good way of life.  Now why all of a sudden these 4 men who were christians proclaimed they sought the religion of truth, and warned of the prophecy of a coming prophet?  What was wrong with christianity as the religion of truth?  Did they eveer convert to islam?  No!  They remained christians.  Christians going around arabia boosting up muhammad so he can proclaim the religion islam, made up by the catholic jesuit priests.  These men saw the people as corrupted, and needed st. augustin's teachings.

So you see waraqa (muhammad's main man and interpreter) was a roman catholic, originally from tama-re, descended from ancient egyptian stock.  He converted to christianity in constantinople, turkey and followed the augustine doctrine and studied what you muhammadsn arecalling the injiyl "evangel, revelation," until he thoroughyly mastered it.  Waraqa bin naufal also mastered the torah and was the undle of khadija (555-619 A.D.), muhammad's first wife as previously said.  Waraqa had told his cristian uncle, khadiyjah who was also a rich christian an ex-nun that muhammad will be the awaited "prophet", whome they had selected and that he will be used for the plot to manipulate all the arabs of arabia and control its trad; thus eventually waraqa taught him a lot about christianity.  Ubaydallah continued to search until the new religion islam held its own.  He was among those arabs who later migrated to abyssinia taking with him his wife  umm habiba bint abu sufyaan (who converted to christianity).

Originally muhammad followed the rites of abraham which was not islam the religion or rites of abraham would had been the worship of baal, then later on alyuwn alyuwn el-the most high.  This is something totally false that you muhammadans try to tie in abraham who hasn't of yet been proven to have existed.  His indoctrination changed since the time he met khadijah then HIS RELIGION CHANGED.  Khadijah implanted christianity into islam by way of her cousin waraqa.  Being that waraq was able to manipulate and shape muhammad's thinking CHRISTIANITY was weaved into his own laws and traditions and paved the way to a new found religion - ISLAM.  Remember the catholic church was influenced by MANES, A PERSIAN, AND ROMAN, GNOSTIC, PAGANISTIC DOCTRINATIONS, WHICH BECAME PART OF ISLAM!

So its true when people say, "muhammad was the founder of islam"; the made up religion called islam which has been further perverted into idol worshipping, called "muhammadism."  You worship him as you would worship allah who you call "father."  However muhammad told his followers he was not the father of any of them (qur'aan 33:40), which stems back in time when fathers and mothers were worshipped in the form of adoration as teraphim in peoples houses.  Because teraphims were statues of ancestors placed in th ehouse and adorned.  People like muhammad lookedupon that as idol worshipping.  In turn people eventually began calling the creator "father," ab; as in the cae of the lord's prayer - "our father ", abanaa.  And although the scroll of malachi 4:6, says "and he (eloheem yahuwa, elijah) will return the hearts compassionately of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers..."; muhammad with the help of the qur'aan changed that and began turning children away from their fathers (qur'aan 9:23).  By doing this the name, rabb "master", sustainer" was used in reference to the name of allah which he still got from the hewbrews or jews.  Although he deterred them from calling allah as well as himself "father " he told them to follow his teachings.  However, you ended up looking to him as a father figure anyway giving him reverence and adoration as our ancestors did with teraphims to the point of worshipping him right beside allah.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 3:25pm

IT WAS CHRISTIANS WHO WANTED THE SO-CALLED PAGANISTIC ARABS TO CONVERT TO THIS NEW FOUNDED RELIGION, ISLAM?

On one such feast day, four men separated themselves from the rest of the qurayshites and decided among themselves that idol worship was wrong.

these men were:

1) Waqara bin naufal bin asad bin abdul uzza - who was a christian, and a distand cousin of muhammad.  It was waraqa who said:  "Verily muhammad is the prophet of this people."

2) Ubaydullah ibn jash ibn ra'ab ibn ya'mar ibn sabra ibn murra ibn kabir ibn ghanm ibn dudan asad ibn khazayam
; - who was related to muhammad by his grandfather abdul muttalib and went t o abyssinia and became a christian.

3) Uthman bin al huwayrith bin asad bin abudl uzza ibn qusayy - khadiyjah's cousin and became a christian at constantinople as well.

4) Zayd ibn amr ibn nufayl ibn abdul uzza ibn abdullah ibn qurt ibn riyah ibn uzzah ibn adiyy ibn ka'b ibn luwaiy - he was a cousin of umar.

They sought to control arabia's trade and influence muhammad religious thoughts, thus they proclaimed they did not believe that idol worship was a good way of life.  Now why all of a sudden these 4 men who were christians proclaimed they sought the religion of truth, and warned of the prophecy of a coming prophet?  What was wrong with christianity as the religion of truth?  Did they eveer convert to islam?  No!  They remained christians.  Christians going around arabia boosting up muhammad so he can proclaim the religion islam, made up by the catholic jesuit priests.  These men saw the people as corrupted, and needed st. augustin's teachings.

So you see waraqa (muhammad's main man and interpreter) was a roman catholic, originally from tama-re, descended from ancient egyptian stock.  He converted to christianity in constantinople, turkey and followed the augustine doctrine and studied what you muhammadsn arecalling the injiyl "evangel, revelation," until he thoroughyly mastered it.  Waraqa bin naufal also mastered the torah and was the undle of khadija (555-619 A.D.), muhammad's first wife as previously said.  Waraqa had told his cristian uncle, khadiyjah who was also a rich christian an ex-nun that muhammad will be the awaited "prophet", whome they had selected and that he will be used for the plot to manipulate all the arabs of arabia and control its trad; thus eventually waraqa taught him a lot about christianity.  Ubaydallah continued to search until the new religion islam held its own.  He was among those arabs who later migrated to abyssinia taking with him his wife  umm habiba bint abu sufyaan (who converted to christianity).

Originally muhammad followed the rites of abraham which was not islam the religion or rites of abraham would had been the worship of baal, then later on alyuwn alyuwn el-the most high.  This is something totally false that you muhammadans try to tie in abraham who hasn't of yet been proven to have existed.  His indoctrination changed since the time he met khadijah then HIS RELIGION CHANGED.  Khadijah implanted christianity into islam by way of her cousin waraqa.  Being that waraq was able to manipulate and shape muhammad's thinking CHRISTIANITY was weaved into his own laws and traditions and paved the way to a new found religion - ISLAM.  Remember the catholic church was influenced by MANES, A PERSIAN, AND ROMAN, GNOSTIC, PAGANISTIC DOCTRINATIONS, WHICH BECAME PART OF ISLAM!

So its true when people say, "muhammad was the founder of islam"; the made up religion called islam which has been further perverted into idol worshipping, called "muhammadism."  You worship him as you would worship allah who you call "father."  However muhammad told his followers he was not the father of any of them (qur'aan 33:40), which stems back in time when fathers and mothers were worshipped in the form of adoration as teraphim in peoples houses.  Because teraphims were statues of ancestors placed in th ehouse and adorned.  People like muhammad lookedupon that as idol worshipping.  In turn people eventually began calling the creator "father," ab; as in the cae of the lord's prayer - "our father ", abanaa.  And although the scroll of malachi 4:6, says "and he (eloheem yahuwa, elijah) will return the hearts compassionately of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers..."; muhammad with the help of the qur'aan changed that and began turning children away from their fathers (qur'aan 9:23).  By doing this the name, rabb "master", sustainer" was used in reference to the name of allah which he still got from the hewbrews or jews.  Although he deterred them from calling allah as well as himself "father " he told them to follow his teachings.  However, you ended up looking to him as a father figure anyway giving him reverence and adoration as our ancestors did with teraphims to the point of worshipping him right beside allah.

To owen.grandison

Topic:Did Waraqa Ibn Nawfal Teach The Prophet?

Waraqa is one of the four men who left the pagan faith of Mecca as mentioned in this article in search for the Hanifite roots ( the religion of Abraham(P)) and returned as a Christian. Even he was claimed to be the source of the Qur'�n. Some missionaries depended on had�ths narrated in Sahih al-Bukh�r�:

Narrated 'Aisha(R): Volume 4, Book 55, Number 605:

"..The Prophet returned to Khadija while his heart was beating rapidly. She took him to Waraqa bin Naufal who was a Christian convert and used to read the Gospel in Arabic Waraqa asked (the Prophet), "What do you see?" When he told him, Waraqa said, "That is the same angel whom Allah sent to the Prophet) Moses. Should I live till you receive the Divine Message, I will support you strongly."

The other had�th is:

Narrated 'Aisha(R): Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died.

Waraqa was an old man and died shortly after Muhammad(P) had received the revelation of the Qur'�n; as clearly can be read from the above had�th. While the revelation of the Qur'�n continued for more than twenty years after the death of Waraqah bin Nawfal, the Prophet(P) was receiving the revelation in different places and even while he was among his Companions. Also, he was answering direct questions raised later by the Jews in Madinah. In addition, the Jews and the disbelievers of Mecca would be very pleased if they knew for sure that there was a knowledgeable person who was teaching Muhammad(P) the Qur'�n.

And finally Waraqa himself announced in all of the had�ths reported in
Sahih al-Bukh�r� that he would support Muhammad(P) strongly if he lived long enough:

"Should I live till you receive the Divine Message, I will support you strongly."

"if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly."

It is not surprising to see that when these points are brought together, Christian missionaries start to take refuge in the excuses that Waraqa was a heretic or on whose authority he said that he would support Muhammad's(P) prophethood?

Related Articles On The Borrowing Theories Of The Qur'�n

The Orientalists,The Bible & The Qur'�n: A Brief Review Of Bible Borrowing Theories

The Defense of The Qur'�n Against The Bible Borrowing Theory

The Prophet's Wives Teaching The Bible?

What About Salman - The Persian?

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:15pm
[QUOTE=owen.grandison]IT WAS CHRISTIANS WHO WANTED THE SO-CALLED PAGANISTIC ARABS TO CONVERT TO THIS NEW FOUNDED RELIGION, ISLAM?

I wished you to prove it from your sources that it was christians who called arabs to covert to Islam. But you cud not. And let me add up to your knowledge that Islam is not a new religion. It was the religion of Adam, Abraham, Moses, Isa and Muhammad. {May peace be upon them all} It was the same religion preached by all Prophets. To say that it was "NEWLY-FOUNDED" RELIGION is totally wrong.

Waqara bin naufal bin asad bin abdul uzza - who was a christian, and a distand cousin of muhammad.  It was waraqa who said:  "Verily muhammad is the prophet of this people." - Waraqa bin Naufal was n't cousin of Muhammad {pbuh} but of Prophet's noble wife, Khadijah RA. Coming to his line wherein he identifies Muhammad {Pbuh} as a prophet, was because the Book, {Injeel/gospel} already prophecised it. Those signs were so clear that he cud easily identify him as a prophet. Does this line of yours prove that Muhammad {Peace be upon him} 's first teacher was a christian. There's nothing i cud recognise him as a teacher !

Now why all of a sudden these 4 men who were christians proclaimed they sought the religion of truth, and warned of the prophecy of a coming prophet?  What was wrong with christianity as the religion of truth? 

Its a very good question. Did you notice, as why these men sought for religion of truth inspite of been christians ? That was because, the Book they followed was distorted. It was altered and made changes.  So they waited for the new Prophet acc to the prophecies and warned people.

Did they eveer convert to islam?  No!  They remained christians. 

These people must be amongst those who disbelieved inspite of knowing the truth. As said it was clear in the Books abt the signs of this Prophet. Abt first person. Warqah bin Noufal accepted Muhammad {pbuh} as a prophet. Kindly re-read the above post of Mansoor ali. Read the last part with concentration.

As Allah says in Qur'an -  "And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah (i.e. Muhammad ) confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the Scripture threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know"

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 12:02am

And yes, before going in to replying again to your posts, let me tell you, kindly let us know the source you are getting all these notes from. Even if you are an author, still you must have referred to some source and gained this stuff. If the source of your knowledge is authentic, then shall i go for its answer. Even now, am replying to those lines of yours, which also is with us.

So you see waraqa (muhammad's main man and interpreter) He was the first person to identify Muhammad {Pbuh} as a prophet as per the prophecies made by the Books.

His indoctrination changed since the time he met khadijah then HIS RELIGION CHANGED.  Khadijah implanted christianity into islam by way of her cousin waraqa. - Just because you say it, we would believe it ! NO. As said earlier , provide us the source of what you share here.

So its true when people say, "muhammad was the founder of islam"; the made up religion called islam which has been further perverted into idol worshipping, called "muhammadism." 

Let me repeat that Islam is the only religion to have existed right from Adam. It was the same religion preached  by Moses and Isa as well. Neither did Musa nor Isa {May peacebe upon them} ever preach idol worship. So did Muhammad {Pbuh}

You worship him as you would worship allah who you call "father." 

No, we not at all worship Muhammad {Peace be upon him} . Neither do we call Allah as Father {Nauzbillah min zalik}

However muhammad told his followers he was not the father of any of them (qur'aan 33:40),

Let me tell you, that the verses in the Qura'n were revealed from Allah swt. They are not of Muhammad [Pbuh]. Let us have a look at this verse you mentioned

33:40 - "  Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything"

It was Allah who revealed such. It was not permitted to any of the men to take Muhammad [Pbuh] as father. Zaid bin Harith was an adopted son of Prophet Muhammad.

People like muhammad lookedupon that as idol worshipping.  In turn people eventually began calling the creator "father," ab;  - Its all false. No where from the pages of the history can it be proved that people looked upon Muhammad for Idol worship, nor did people call the creator Father.

muhammad with the help of the qur'aan changed that and began turning children away from their fathers  - Kindly refrain from allegations, without a proofs. Stop bringing out your own interpretations.

(qur'aan 9:23).  - Now lets have a look at this verse you quoted.

Allah says : O you who believe! Take not as supporters your fathers and your brothers if they prefer disbelief to belief. And whoever of you befriends them, then he is one of the wrongdoers.

This verse was for those believers whose relatives were at the opposite side during a battle. They were obviously enemies in a war field. Is n't it correct. Now, lets look at the Qur'an wherein the sort of respect to the parents is immense, even if they are non-muslim.

Give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in this world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do"

(And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honor.) [17:23]

Likewise we find many verses, which command us to be kind and dutiful to our parents.

By doing this the name, rabb "master", sustainer" was used in reference to the name of allah which he still got from the hewbrews or jews. 

Arabic is a sister language of Hebrew. No wonder if the words are similar. Injeel was revealed in Hebrew.

Although he deterred them from calling allah as well as himself "father " he told them to follow his teachings. 

There is nowhere in Islam that he wanted himself to be called as father. As said earlier, don't add up your interpretations. Satan is quick to whisper. It was Allah swt who told us to follow the teachings of Muhammad {Pbuh}, as he was the Prophet, messenger of Allah swt.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 12:04am

Originally posted by savant savant wrote:

Not only this; even also many signs prophet muhammad(Sallho-alihe Wassalam) and his Sahaba(companions) were to given chiristians; so that they can recognize last prophet and embrace Islam. And many saints of that time did so. And Quran also mention this point:

Fatah-28
The mark of them is on their foreheads from the traces of prostration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel.

Only christians were telling muhammad's family that he was going to be special.  Everybody who had came into contact with muhammad's father around the same time of his betrothal engagement were roman catholic arabs.  Abdullah was approached by a woman, named qutayla, who was the sister of waraqa bin naufal, a christian, and the holder of the arabic bible, on his way to the ka'aba.  Qutayla knew that abdullah was going to be the father of muhammad and she informed him of this.  You see the plan was already in the works by the vatican.  Qutayla had consulted some soothsayers, and they agreed that abdullah wa going to be the father of this appointed prophet.  Qutayla's intentions were to offer herself to him, so that she might have the honour of being the mother of their prophet.  So qutayla (a christian and cousin to muhammad's first wife, khadiyjah) asked Abdullah to marry her, as she wanted to be the mother of his son.  As legend says, abdullah looked at her, a light radiated from his forehead abdullah promised to claim her after three days.

Within those three days abdullah consumated his mariage to amiynah.  Then he returned to qutayla.  However, the light that had supposedly illuminated his forehead was no longer there it transpired that abdullah had already married amiynah from medina.  Qutayla refused to be united with abdullah because the light she desperately wanted to possess had already been transmitted to amiynah.  She was quoted to have said, "No!  When you passed me there was a light between your eyes and when i invited you, you refused me and went to amiynah, and she has taken it away."  She was mad, but that was only one small piece to the jig-saw puzzle.

This is a very interesting peice.

If Qutayla and the vaticans were "planning" to name the son of Abdullah as a Prophet of God, then she would have married him anyway - that way if she had a male child, according to her clan's plan could name that child as the prophet (no?)

If she knew this was a true prophecy, only then she would have "seen" the light on his forehead, then refused to marry, when she again did not "detect' the light after it had been passed on to Aminah's womb.

So what is your point here?

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic