IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My mom  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My mom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My mom
    Posted: 04 March 2009 at 9:33pm
I love and admire my mom so much. My father has always been a muslim, al-hamdulilah. Growing up my mom was a Christian. So, we used to go to the mosque and church when we were kids. After 18 yrs.of marriage to my father, she converted to Islam. She grew up as a Presbytarian. She went to different churchs while discovering herself during adulthood. She even was a Babtist @ one point of time. She listened to many lectures and studied the Quran and many other books on Islam. While she was deciding to come to Islam, she thought that she wouldn't become muslim while my grandfather was alive. Thanks to Allah, my stepgrandma had already told my grandfather that that my mom converted. He was quite angry @ the time but Allah (SWAT) gudided her to the right path. She became muslim! As time went on, my grandfather accepted her conversion but he unfornately did not become muslim. Till this day, she is still muslim and married to my dad (married for 39 yrs. in Oct.). Masha-Allah she is one of the most loving, patient, caring people that I know.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 10:58pm
Thumbs%20Up
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 11:05am
Alhamdu lillah.  Allah is great.
I thank God for his mercy and may All guide us ALL
Zaharah
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:29pm
Shukran Zaharah. Peace to you my sister
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
quadhirababil View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quadhirababil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:01am
Alhamdu lillah.  Allah is great.
I thank God for his mercy and may All guide us ALL
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:30pm

Salams Danty.

I just posted a reply on my forum "She took Shahada"
You know it truly is a blessing to have witness this.  Thanks so much for your feed back.  It is so helpfull at times such as this.  May Allah guide you and raise your rank,  Insha Allah
Zaharah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic