IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Info  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info
    Posted: 02 March 2009 at 11:12am

Not been about much lately.  But have been reading and reading till my head is ready to explode :-)

Does anyone know of any sites where I can get hadith, verses from Qu'ran - even some of that awful 'poetry' ( ;-) ) with translations in English and Arabic.

I send some emails and texts to a few people I know now, and I'd like to be able to send in arabic if possible. But I want to  know what is actually being said in arabic. Not sending gibberish.

I sent a friend a text last week. I thought I was being very smart. It was something in French, or so I thought. I did it on the google translator.

I won't say what he understood it as reading. However, no harm was done. He was in fits laughing for days apparently. Still laughing about it. At least I have a little grasp of some French. I dread to think what how my attempts at arabic would translate. lol

Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 11:29am
As-salam-u-laikum Gulliver. Here is one website that has hadith in Arabic-English. http://www.guidedways.com/qudsihadith.php
There are lots more. I just have to search the web a little more.
Oh yeah, the google translator, not good @ all. I tried using it to write a letter in Arabic. And the person who read it told me that it was really bad Arabic. So, I understand the laughter that came after your French incident. Allah Akhbar! Good luck!
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:08pm

Thanks Danty.  Will have a look at that site.   A good laugh is the best medicine :-)

God knows, we all need a laugh at times or we'd go mad ;-)

I had found some beautiful things written about the sura An Nur. The Light. And it was in arabic too. One of my Muslim friends keeps saying "you're unreal, where do you get these."

Thanks again.

God bless :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic