IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

My post, (if you read you will come to know that) contains
  • quotes from what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an and what His truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in the authentic Ahadith, 
Salamalaikum Abosait,

The quotes in your post above would not be understood by normal everyday people. Frankly speaking, I myself have difficulty in understanding it because obviously the person who wrote this may have reached at least level four or station four in their quest to purify their souls. While we, where are we? I do not know whether I have ever left stage one or am I in stage 2? http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/seven_levels.htm 

Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

compared with quotes from the Naqshbandi group�s beliefs or position vis-a-vis the same issue, taken from their own publications printed by �Arafat Publishing House�, and where necessary, commented upon.
Again, you may not know that there are seven levels of interpretation of the Quran. Depending on where the position of the translator. Therefore you cannot equate a fiqh scholar's translation and a sufi scholar's translation.

Originally posted by wrote:

Why are they weeping?
Because they really understood the meaning of Ihsan. To worship Allah as if you are seeing Him or if not He definitely sees you.

Knowing that He could see the deepest of our heart. How sinful, how forgetful, how ungrateful we are,  feeling remorse, repentance, yearning for His forgiveness, begging for His Rahmah. No other thoughts is in the head, except Him.

It is not easy to reach this stage. In the initial stage we are required to get up in the wee morning, cleanse ourselves and meditate like Muhammad meditated in the Cave of Hira for at least 2 hours.

Frankly speaking, I did not succeed. It is so taxing for the body and mind, . The most I could sit was for 1 hour and also I did not have the istiqamah. The pull of Dunya, Nafs is still strong. But still sometimes, Allah in His Rahmah, gives glimpses of Truth in yourself.

InshaAllah, I will not give up and will keep on trying.

Salam
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:54am
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters Jazakallah Kheiran for starting this topic Sister Nur.Good stuff!May Allah Bless you all.We need more of this instead of the other topics we get caught up in you said it Nur.Speaking of Ihsan brothers and sisters sometimes I find my mind wondering during salats Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Salamalaikum Abosait,

...........the person who wrote this may have reached at least level four or station four in their quest to purify their souls. While we, where are we? I do not know whether I have ever left stage one or am I in stage 2?........

Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

The scribe who wrote down the Qur'an/Hadith is not the author of the text that I have copied. Plese read again.

Quran is what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says and Hadith is from the truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam).

.............. you cannot equate a fiqh scholar's translation and a sufi scholar's translation. ........

The interpretation of the Qur'an I quoted is as understood by the Sahaba and as passed on to us in its original form.

The Sufis as I told you earlier have invented their own Tariqats as my post clearly shows.

Reference to the Sufi's books from where those matters have been copied are also given. 

we are required to get up in the wee morning, cleanse ourselves and meditate like Muhammad meditated in the Cave of Hira for at least 2 hours.
Muhammad Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam meditated in the Cave of Hira before he started getting revelation.

After the Qur'an was revealed on him and he was blessed with Hikma the Deen was completed he did not meditate inside caves anymore.

Neither is it prescribed in the Qur'an.

Thus neither the Sahaba do such acts of monastesism. (khankhi zindagi)

The following portion of the famous Verse of the Qur'an explains it:
.........This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you,and have chosen for you Islam as your religion............
Nur, if you think that you can attain nearness to Allah by doing what is not prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah you are terribly mistaken. Neither is the Shai'ah of the previous Ambiya applicable to us since the Qur'an superceds all other Books sent by Allah.

Monastesism was prevailant among the previous Ummah but Islam has abolished it. If you try to revive it it will be bid'ah in Deen.

And the Prophet Sallallahu 'alahi wasallam has said "Kullu bidatin dhalaalah" and "Kullu dhalaalatin finnaar"

Edited by abosait - 15 April 2009 at 6:48pm
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters Jazakallah Kheiran for starting this topic Sister Nur.Good stuff!May Allah Bless you all.We need more of this instead of the other topics we get caught up in you said it Nur.Speaking of Ihsan brothers and sisters sometimes I find my mind wondering during salats Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!

Waalaikum salam Akhe.

Most of the time, we here tried to influence the non-Muslims' aqidah, when we ourselves need to strengthen ours. Let us not be afraid to share, to criticize positively, to support, to learn because none of us is perfect.

And if you see that there is something that is wrong in my posts, please do not hesitate to correct me or anyone here. We are after all human.

Salam.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:43am
Assalamualaikum Abosait.

As we know, Rasulullah was the perfect example of a human being. And as a pious servant of Allah, he prayed not only the wajib but also the sunnah. Praying to him was meditating. Remember how his beard got wet and his feet became swollen due to standing too long?

Actually if we can make our solah perfect, spiritually - that is with no other thoughts except Him, we are meditating. But in reality, how many of us could do that? Only by practising to meditate - to clear our mind of everything else, especially of dunya or worldly matters, then we InshaAllah would succeed in our daily prayers.

I am getting tired now, before I go, there is a question for anyone who wants to answer.

There is a man who heard the azan for zohor prayers. Then he heard three voices within him.

The first said - It is time for prayers.
The second said - Wait a bit, zohor time is long approx from 1.30 pm to 4.30pm (according to my country)
The third said - If you want to pray, pray at about 2pm. Did not your wife said she is coming at that time?

Now, these are the whispers of, Nafs, Shaitan and the Pure Ruh. Which is which?

till next time....Good night and Salam.
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 4:59am

Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Waalaikum salam Akhe.Most of the time, we here tried to influence the non-Muslims' aqidah, when we ourselves need to strengthen ours. Let us not be afraid to share, to criticize positively, to support, to learn because none of us is perfect.And if you see that there is something that is wrong in my posts, please do not hesitate to correct me or anyone here. We are after all human.Salam.
Salams Sister Nur Ilahi.Jazakallah Kheiran,for your reply.same here.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 7:38pm

Assalamualaikum Abosait.

Wa Alaykum Assalam wa Rahmatullah.

.......... Praying to him was meditating.................?

Did he say so? Has any of his companions reported as such? If the answer is yes, please give proof.

Actually if we can make our solah perfect, - to clear our mind of everything else, especially of dunya or worldly matters, then we InshaAllah would succeed in our daily prayers.

Please support your statement with proof from the Qur'an / Sunnah if you are truthful in saying that those are the conditions to succeed in our daily prayers.

Jazakallahu Khaiar.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 9:18pm
Before I proceed with quotations from the Quran and Sunnah, I would like to reiterate that Islam is not just a physical religion of proclaiming the shahadah, praying five times a day, fasting in the month of Ramadhan, giving charity or performing the Hajj.

These are all the physical side of Islam. Remember Allah is Az-Zahir and Al-Bathin. So if there is the physical side of Islam, there is also the spiritual side.

And the most important part is the spiritual side. We are going to meet Allah Al-Khaliq not in our physical form, but in our spiritual form. Our Ruh. How do we make sure that we meet Him in the purest possible state as we were born into?

There are many branches of Islamic teachings that no one can ever master except of course our dear Beloved Rasulullah. There are the shariah, haqiqah and makrifah. Most of us are only conversant on the shariah. How should we pray, what is jamak taqdim or jamak takhir, when does a woman allowed to fast during Ramadhan - these are all the physical side of Islam.

But have anyone teach you how to have absolute attention during prayers? Can you easily find a sheikh who can teach you how to pray without thinking, what am I to cook today? Or whether you had switch off the iron just now while at the same time you utter the words Allahuakbar?

I am sure you have read books on the Pillars of Islam, books on the Pillars of Iman, have you ever touched a book on the two pillars of Ihsaan?

Now back to the question in my post earlier. Would you like to answer this question? If you can answer correctly, there is a chance that you understand what is Ihsaan.

Abosait, denying the true spirit of Tasawwuf is denying the two pillars of Ihsaan. As a Muslim, we have to accept all these three as our source of Aqidah Islamiyah. Negating this, put your aqidah in a big question mark.

Salam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic