IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. ........

Al-Isra [17:81]         
وَقُلْ جَاء الْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ الْبَاطِلُ إِنَّ الْبَاطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًا
17:81 And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."

........Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other......

That responsibility cannot be fulfilled by reading random verses (the meanings of the Verses I mean) and neglecting the remaining portion of the Qur'an or leaving it for the Mullah to understand. Nor can you find it in Sufi liteature.

At least once in your lifetime read the meanings of the Qur'an from an authentic tafsir book staring from Sura 1. to Surah 114. By authentic Tafsir book I mean a translation with explanatory note explaining the meanings of the Verses as understood by the Sahaba because they were taught Qur'an by the Prophet himself.

Edited by abosait - 28 May 2010 at 10:33am
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 4:16am

Do these alims use a translated Quran?......

What is that? Allah has revealed the Qur'an only in one language  -  Arabic. He has not sent any translated Qur'an.

In order to convey the Message to those who dont know ARABIC, The MEANINGS OF THE VERSES of the QUR'AN have been translated into other languages. The Islamic Shari'ah incorporates these manings as explained to the Sahaba by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam himself and as understood by the Salaf.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

.......acknowledging the existence and beauty of Ihsan where one can find the secrets of our existence? .............

But it is such a pity, Allah had given ways and means to His servants to find the secrets in the creation of our existence, yet, some of His servants refuse to acknowledge.

There is no way to learn the rulings of Allaah, which have to do with His commands and prohibitions, except through His Messengers.

Whoever says that he has taken the ruling of Allaah from his heart or from what he received in his heart through intuition, and that he acts upon that and thus has no need of the Qur�aan or Sunnah, has claimed for himself the unique qualities of Prophethood.

Astagfirullah.
For Allaah has set up the system by His wisdom in such a way that His rulings can only be known through His Messengers who are ambassadors between Him and His creation. They are the only ones who convey His Message and His words from Him, explaining His laws and rulings, and He has chosen them for that purpose. 

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Allaah chooses Messengers from angels and from men. Verily, Allaah is All-Hearer, All-Seer�..[al-Hajj 22:75] 

�Allaah knows best with whom to place His Message� [al-An�aam 6:124] 

�Mankind were one community and Allaah sent Prophets with glad tidings and warnings� [al-Baqarah 2:213] 

and there are other similar aayahs. 

Read more at the following URL:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22245/secret%20knowledge%20in%20islam

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 10:08pm

Bismillah
Assalamualiakum wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,
Dear Nur-ilahi,
You started this thread in a particular mood, but ihnvariably it has gone to a certain derailment, which is the fate of such topics on a public discussion forum.
The 'desire' to change someone from being an anti-sufi into a man of purification of heart is alsoa  'desire' of the nafs ... which one must controle and tame.
Please excuse me, I did not go past reading two pages on this string ... but have seen some quotes from Futuh al-Ghaib. Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. The discourses in this collection are on deeper level. They mostly point on ones focus on his/her own purification, and not bothering about others who have not yet understood the meaning of self purification.

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. 
Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other.

Im yet to see discussions on tassawwuf that benefits beginners amoung people of Ihsan.  If you can have one and keep it on that high road it will definitely be purposeful.

nausheen

Dear Nausheen,

I did not read your post until today when Abosait gave the link to this page.

Before I replied, I had already been thinking, am I doing the right thing? Am I trying to assist another brother in acknowledging the existence and beauty of Ihsan where one can find the secrets of our existence? 

Or Am I following my Nafs in proving myself right?

I think I follow your advice.

But it is such a pity, Allah had given ways and means to His servants to find the secrets in the creation of our existence, yet, some of His servants refuse to acknowledge.

Lahaulawala Quwwatailla billahil aliyil adzeem.

Salam alaikum.

Jazakallah
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:27pm
Do these alims use a translated Quran?

Just wondering, because a translation is never the same as the original arabic text ...  do their preaching twist and tweek thereWink

Edited by Nausheen - 11 May 2010 at 9:28pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:12pm
The self scholar above has spoken, of course, if you have a Bukhari and Muslim hadith book at home, you are an Aliim, who needs to study Islam for Years on end when we got Abosait around?

Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 9:24am

.......... Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. .... 
..nausheen

If you understand your responsibility towards your own soul, your own preparation for "the day when no soul will be able to benefit other" is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah and not in Sufi lterature.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:50pm
Bismillah
Assalamualiakum wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,
Dear Nur-ilahi,
You started this thread in a particular mood, but ihnvariably it has gone to a certain derailment, which is the fate of such topics on a public discussion forum.
The 'desire' to change someone from being an anti-sufi into a man of purification of heart is alsoa  'desire' of the nafs ... which one must controle and tame.
Please excuse me, I did not go past reading two pages on this string ... but have seen some quotes from Futuh al-Ghaib. Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. The discourses in this collection are on deeper level. They mostly point on ones focus on his/her own purification, and not bothering about others who have not yet understood the meaning of self purification.

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. 
Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other.

Im yet to see discussions on tassawwuf that benefits beginners amoung people of Ihsan.  If you can have one and keep it on that high road it will definitely be purposeful.

nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic