IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage saves the planet :p  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage saves the planet :p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ZAHRA1234 View Drop Down
Female islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZAHRA1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage saves the planet :p
    Posted: 01 November 2018 at 3:17am
very nice sharing all posts are lovely really like all these http://list.com.pk/wedding/
Nemart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 1:09pm
wow...very nice article!! very meaningful.. :)

Thanks for sharing
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:17am
The issue isn't about marriage. It's about square feet per person. There are married couples who live in ten room mansions, often poorly isolated against heat or cold. There are singles who live in small apartments featuring double or triple glass window panes separated by an air or other gas filled space to reduce heat transfer across a part of the building envelope.

What the planet needs is modesty. Our resources are limited.

Edited by Matt Browne - 16 June 2012 at 11:19am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:56am
Maybe marriage ought to be mandated because of the beneficial impacts on anthropogenic climate change.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by tayek1967 tayek1967 wrote:

How to do it & why ? i feel interesting about married. thanks

lol @ how to do it  why :p

Marriage has many benefits... I think as a woman, I would rather be with a man who is willing to commit himself to me via marriage rather than just be in a non-marital 'relationship' where a man has everything to gain, and a woman has everything to lose ;)

That is my opinion.

One could make a list of how marriage is beneficial. It has many emotional, physical, financial and social advantages.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
tayek1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayek1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:23am
How to do it & why ? i feel interesting about married. thanks
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 1:06am
Originally posted by stevegee2010 stevegee2010 wrote:

Actually living together would use LESS resources. Two (or more) people living in the same household would not need one of everything (i.e. tv's , washing machines, etc.) but would, in fact, share those things. Not to mention having to build a whole new house to live in using up much more resources.

Yup Steve. That's what the article was all about. maybe thats why societies evolved this way. It occurred to me that individuals in economically developed societies tend to live alone - more than the less developed societies. Where the concept of 'joint family system' is alive n thriving. Bcz they have less resources to spare.

btw belated welcome to the forums.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
stevegee2010 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevegee2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:04am
Actually living together would use LESS resources. Two (or more) people living in the same household would not need one of everything (i.e. tv's , washing machines, etc.) but would, in fact, share those things. Not to mention having to build a whole new house to live in using up much more resources.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic