IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 60 Questions for the Christian  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60 Questions for the Christian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:23am
Mansoor_ali - you and the paper you reference forgot to mention the outside witness to the event:

Acts 9

10In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"
      "Yes, Lord," he answered.

11The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

13"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord�Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here�has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." 18Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

A contradiction would be that the event didn't happen, or someting completely different ocurred.  It is not a contradiction that a fuller understanding of what happened is evealed.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 8:59pm
  believer.

what are the names of the two witneses who were with paul? please tell us.
   if i were there and heard such a thing i'd follow paul every where and testify to the fact. they must not have been impressed.
    also this guy named Ananias. where is he ? you would think this man would follow paul to the ends of the earth after such a revelation{ such as simon magnus with phillip }. but yet when barnabas found paul both the so called witneses to paul vision and Ananias are nowhere to be found. unless this is the Ananias peter struck down.
      paul tells of how the high priest " told him what he must do in damascus". " opened his eyes " so to speak. at the time of paul there was a high priest named Ananias, { he had james stoned } so one could say this high priest placed his hands upon paul and he "saw" what he must do. a blessing so to speak. 
    paul went into arabia {where he was unknown} for some time and learned to be a "christain" .sitting in the croud he lisened to the gospel taught by Thomas, Matthis and others he learned to walk the walk and talk the talk.
     but doing this { act against jewdisum} without the blessing of the high priest would have condemed him. this is why paul says "for me everything is permisable but not benifical".
      paul gives himself away in many ways if you step back with an open mind to except the fact he may be a false prophet.
      i feel i should pray and meditate on this more and post a new topic on his exposure.
      remember what paul says in ROMANS 1: 18-19.
remember god is going to allow the world to be led astray in jesus' name.
also please note that paul NEVER REPENTS for his past actions {crimes} . unrepentent even for his part in the murder of stephen .
 love
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 09 June 2009 at 10:23pm
love for all conquers all
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 10:49am

Mansoor_ali - you and the paper you reference forgot to mention the outside witness to the event:

Acts 9

10In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"
      "Yes, Lord," he answered.

11The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

13"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord�Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here�has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." 18Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

A contradiction would be that the event didn't happen, or someting completely different ocurred.  It is not a contradiction that a fuller understanding of what happened is evealed.

Let us first analyze who is author of Book of Acts?

Taken from Work of brother Osama Abdullah

The Book of Acts:

"Although the author does not name himself, evidence outside the Scriptures and inferences from the book itself lead to the conclusion that the author was Luke.  (From the NIV Bible Commentary [1], page 1643)"

So based on some conclusion, you're willing to die for defending the idea that the Book of Acts was the True Word of GOD Almighty? If the book was inspired by GOD Almighty, then how come it wasn't mentioned in the book itself to help us filter it out from the many other "Satanic false books"? Are we sure that this book too is not a man-made Satanic book?

After all, its just a conclusion, isn't it?

My Comment:So how can you convince me that book of Acts is word of God?How can you convince me who is author of that book?Whether he was inspired or not?

Paul never even met Jesus Christ in person while the latter was on earth.  It is falsely claimed that Jesus appeared to Paul while Paul was on his way to Damascus after the "crucifixion" (Acts 9:2-4.  Note: Paul's name used to be Saul.  Yet, Paul admittedly wasn't even sure whether the Holy Spirit was inspirning him or not).

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 4:19pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damascus

These are 2 different men.  Just as there were 2 Marys living at the time of Jesus there was more then one Ananias.   One Ananias was known as a Disciple of Jesus and the other an anti-christian Jewish High Priest.

We know that Paul was not considered a false prophet because he was a part of the Decree of the Council of Jerusalem that occurred around 50 AD.

Nazarene you are mistaken.  Paul was not converted in arabia but on the road to Damascus.

Poor arguments really for Mohammad had no one witnessing his revealations- just his word that it happened.

In Paul's case the witnesses were more then likely anti-christian or they would not have been traveling with Paul to attack the churches.  We have the separate witness of the Disciple of Jesus- Ananias.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

These are 2 different men.  Just as there were 2 Marys living at the time of Jesus there was more then one Ananias.   One Ananias was known as a Disciple of Jesus and the other an anti-christian Jewish High Priest.

We know that Paul was not considered a false prophet because he was a part of the Decree of the Council of Jerusalem that occurred around 50 AD.

Paul was a corrupter of message of Jesus Christ.

Jeremy Bentham (English Philosopher)

"If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they needed look no farther than Paul." (Paraphrased. Looking for a copy of "Not Paul, but Jesus" in order to retrieve the exact quote.)

Visit:

Islamic Answers presents a 516-page refutation of the false apostle Paul:

http://islamic-answers.com/jesus__words_only

Some extra refutations as bonuses are included:

1: Pauline corruption of Biblical Analysis

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Pauline_Corruption_of_Biblical_Analysis.pdf

2: Jude's Epistle - More Evidence of rift between Jerusalem  and Paul

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Jude_s_Epistle__More_Evidence_of_Rift_Between_
Jerusalem_and_Paul__.pdf

3: Was Paul or James' Church the more successful evangelists ?

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Was_Paul_or_James__Church_the_more_succesfull_Evangelist.pdf

4: Jesus or Paul ? - Lecture by a former Christian Priest

http://islamic-answers.com/jesus_or_paul_____audio_lecture_

For more info check:

http://islamic-answers.com/christianity

Nazarene you are mistaken.  Paul was not converted in arabia but on the road to Damascus.

Poor arguments really for Mohammad had no one witnessing his revealations- just his word that it happened.

In Paul's case the witnesses were more then likely anti-christian or they would not have been traveling with Paul to attack the churches.  We have the separate witness of the Disciple of Jesus- Ananias.

Visit:

Brother Osama Abdullah response to Muhammad didnot have witnesses to prove that he was truthful
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

" lang="EN"><o:p>We know that Paul was not considered a false prophet because he was a part of the Decree of the Council of Jerusalem that occurred around 50 AD.</o:p></span>
Paul is not concidered a Prophet at all in Islam.                                                 

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">�Paul was a corrupter of message of Jesus.True

"If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they needed look no farther than Paul."
As Salamu Alaikum Mansoor Ali,Lol!

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 19 June 2009 at 7:48am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 6:48pm

My friend you are the one who has poor argument.
The proof is in the pudding!
to know if its a true revelation from God or not, there is a simple test you need to do instead of childish arguments.
God is all knowing, right? and does not contradict, also God knows all.
Now, if we find something inconsistant in a book that is claimed to be from God there are two possibilites: either the claim is false or someone has played with it.

I have said it before, but seems like some of us have short memory:
What Christians claim as major teachings of their belief, in my observation, tend to contradict to their own source, the Bible.

Now, what we as a Muslim claim to be the major teachings of our belief in my obervation and study are 100% consistant to our source, the Quran.
Both claim, yet only one proves it ! So simple,
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Paul was a corrupter of message of Jesus Christ.

Jeremy Bentham (English Philosopher)

"If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they needed look no farther than Paul." (Paraphrased. Looking for a copy of "Not Paul, but Jesus" in order to retrieve the exact quote.)

Visit:

Islamic Answers presents a 516-page refutation of the false apostle Paul:

http://islamic-answers.com/jesus__words_only

Some extra refutations as bonuses are included:

1: Pauline corruption of Biblical Analysis

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Pauline_Corruption_of_Biblical_Analysis.pdf

2: Jude's Epistle - More Evidence of rift between Jerusalem  and Paul

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Jude_s_Epistle__More_Evidence_of_Rift_Between_
Jerusalem_and_Paul__.pdf

3: Was Paul or James' Church the more successful evangelists ?

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6053592/i/Was_Paul_or_James__Church_the_more_succesfull_Evangelist.pdf

4: Jesus or Paul ? - Lecture by a former Christian Priest

http://islamic-answers.com/jesus_or_paul_____audio_lecture_

For more info check:

http://islamic-answers.com/christianity

Visit:

Brother Osama Abdullah response to Muhammad didnot have witnesses to prove that he was truthful

Son 7:1 You are a princess, and your feet are graceful in their sandals. Your thighs are works of art, each one a jewel;

This is far from from womans privates if it only thing found in muslims perverted minds and keep on promoting this site on  if it is a victory over the jews and the christians of the bible but they only put a curse on themselfs.   

Son 7:2 your navel is a wine glass filled to overflowing. Your body is full and slender like a bundle of wheat bound together by lilies.

Son 7:3 Your breasts are like twins of a deer.

Son 7:4 Your neck is like ivory, and your eyes sparkle like the pools of Heshbon by the gate of Bath-Rabbim. Your nose is beautiful like Mount Lebanon above the city of Damascus.

Son 7:5 Your head is held high like Mount Carmel; your hair is so lovely it holds a king prisoner.

Son 7:6 You are beautiful, so very desirable!

Son 7:7 You are tall and slender like a palm tree, and your breasts are full.

Son 7:8 I will climb that tree and cling to its branches. I will discover that your breasts are clusters of grapes, and that your breath is the aroma of apples.

Son 7:9 Kissing you is more delicious than drinking the finest wine. How wonderful and tasty!

Son 7:10 My darling, I am yours, and you desire me.

Son 7:11 Let's stroll through the fields and sleep in the villages.

Son 7:12 At dawn let's slip out and see if grapevines and fruit trees are covered with blossoms. When we are there, I will give you my love.

Son 7:13 Perfume from the magic flower fills the air, my darling. Right at our doorstep I have stored up for you all kinds of tasty fruits.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic