IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 60 Questions for the Christian  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

60 Questions for the Christian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:23pm
beleiver,
I am wondering what you are trying to say when you posted Acts 9?
Please elaborate rather than just posting a quote, what are you proving with those verses?
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:29pm
Should this be in another thread.. like inter-religious?  This should be about Islam not about the differences in 2 religions. 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 2:35pm

118 Questions

By brother Sami Zaatari
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

beleiver,
Please elaborate rather than just posting a quote, what are you proving with those verses?
Hasan

salaam!

Believer forgot! Paul saw a light and herd a voice! Who voice? I guess he think is Jesus (S) because the voice says so. �And he (Paul) said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Matthew24:5  

Nothing new, believers too do hear voices also...yes he does! How we know? The Ghost does speak to him: "he shall teach you things to come" John16

tnc

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by truthnowcome truthnowcome wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

beleiver,
Hasan

salaam!

Believer forgot! Paul saw a light and herd a voice! Who voice? I guess he think is Jesus (S) because the voice says so. �And he (Paul) said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Matthew24:5  

Nothing new, believers too do hear voices also...yes he does! How we know? The Ghost does speak to him: "he shall teach you things to come" John16

tnc

Did he really meet Jesus

By brother Sami Zaatari

Enjoy!

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 7:37am
beleiver,
Hasan

As I said it shows that Paul had indeed received information directly from Jesus with witnesses to the actual event then an outside witness to Ananias.

Not so with the case of Mohammad who has no witnesses that He actually spoke with Gabriel.

In the case of the Holy Bible when GOD or angles spoke to people there were witnesses.  Mary- Joseph had a dream; Moses and the burning bush- the staff and miracles to perform for his people.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:02am
Salam Believer
If the Christians consider the Old Testament as God�s Word, why did they cancel the parts of the Old Testament that dealt with punishment (example: the punishment for adultery)? 

You are reading into this that it is the same sin- it is any sin.

I understand that Muslims like Catholics rate sin as to a major and minor.  All of us are sinners and big or small sins all sadden GOD.

In other words none of us have the ability to truly correct/punish the sinnner.  This is up to GOD.  Yet this does not mean that there shouldn't be some kind of punishment or consequence- there would be chaos without jails- robbers and murders running rampant.

Consequence of adultry with us not having to raise one stone- the persons guilt, destroying a marriage, divorce, children distanced from the adulterer, unwanted pregnancy, shunning, etc.

There is always the hope in Christianity that the criminal will change their ways- repent and be saved through Jesus.  If stoned to death this can not happen.  

42.Why doesn�t Mark 16:9-20 exist in as many versions of the Bible while it exists as a footnote or between brackets in some other versions? Is a footnote in the Bible still considered as God�s word, especially when it addresses an important feature like the Ascension? The Bible is based on truth and it doesn't appear in some of the oldest existing witnesses.  Why not include it with a note that it is under question.  Why destroy it /burn it and lose the verses forever.
So are you saying that the concept of ascension is under question? And that there are contradictions regarding which part of the Bible is/isn't the word of God?

No, read Matthew 28

Is Allah capable of being one and only one yet reach/reveal himself to man in different ways?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:17am

'How do you know that they were directly inspired by God? Is it because they said so? So if anyone claims that he is being directly inspired by God you are suppose to believe him? Or did Jesus mentioned that Luke and Mark will be inspired by God?'

Poor argument you have no proof that Gabriel spoke to Mohammad or even that is was Gabriel.  When Gabriel spoke to people in the Holy Bible if he frightened them he always comforted them.  Also GOD made sure there were witnesses in either miracles Moses and the burning bush and the staff and other sigsn to show hies people.

Mark was a student of Peter

'Completely incorrect. We do know who wrote down the Quran. It was revealed to prophet Muhammad from God and his companions wrote it down.'

Which companions, what were their names did they see Gabriel?  Why did Aisha say there were originally more verses in a chapter?  Where are the original bones and leaves? Why did Uthman burn various copies?  We know that companions wrote down their own copies/ each had their own collection of verses.

You really must do a more indepth textual analysis of the Quran- but I have been told you can't, it is very much frowned upon. 

Funny because as Christians we are told to question everything!!  GOD know the Holy Bible can stand the test!

Proverbs 14

15 A simple man believes anything,

but a prudent man gives thought to his steps

John 14

11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

1 Thessalonians 5

21Test everything. Hold on to the good.

Acts 17

11Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 

Never stop learning-

2 Timothy 2

15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 

Edited by believer - 07 June 2009 at 8:18am
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic