IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ali Vs The Prophet  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ali Vs The Prophet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mi4real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ali Vs The Prophet
    Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:09am

As Salam Alukum

We all the Holy Prophet is best of creation but we have testimony from the Classical Shia Scholar Sheikh Saduk that Ali is equal in rank the Prophet.

Lets remember Shaikh *Saduq* who is ibn Babwayh Al Qummi, the teacher of Shaikh Al Mufid who is in turn the teacher of Sayyid Al Murtada i believe.

( 1 ) ( ����� ��� ( ���� ������ ) ������ ����� ( ��� ���� ���� ���� )

������ ��� ��� ���� ��� ���: ������ ��� ���� �� ������ ������ȡ �� ���� �� ���� ���������� �� ����� �� ���� ������� ���: ������ ��� ���� �� ����� �� ��ϡ �� ��� ������ ������� �� ���ڡ �� ��� ��� ���: ����� ����� ���� ���� ���� ���� �� ��� �� ��� ���� ���� ������ ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ��� ���:
�� ��� ����� ������ ��� ������ ��� ���� �������? ��� ��� ���� ������ ��� ������� ��� ������ ��� ��� ���� ��� ��� ��� ���� ��� ����� ������.
��� ��� ���� ������ �� ���� �� ������ ���� ���� �� �����ѡ ����� �� ���� ���� ����� �� ������.

My father related to us from Abdullah bin al-Hussein al-Mueddib from Ahmed bin Ali al-Isfahani from Mohammed bin Aslam at-Tusi from Abu Rajaa from Hemmad bin Zaid from Abdirrahman as-Sarraj from Nafii that Ibn Omar said: When we asked him about Ali bin Abi Talib, the Prophet (s) was angry and said:

Why do some people mention that one whose rank in the sight of Allah is as same as mine?

He who loves Ali loves me, and Allah will accept him who loves me, and whomever Allah accepts will be rewarded with Paradise. Whoever loves Ali will not depart this world before he drinks from the Divine River of Kawthar, eats from the Divine Tree of Tuba, and sees his place in Paradise. (Fadhailus Shia by Shaikh Saduq)

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 11:04am

Did hazrat Ali bring anything new from Allah? If no, then how you compare the two as equal? and if yes, then what was the anew? Also, your quote "My father related to us from Abdullah bin al-Hussein al-Mueddib from Ahmed bin Ali al-Isfahani from Mohammed bin Aslam at-Tusi from Abu Rajaa from Hemmad bin Zaid from Abdirrahman as-Sarraj from Nafii that Ibn Omar said.........." do not provide the reference to the source of this chain of narrators. On the more, the last narrator (Nafii) did not link his source of this narration with ibn Omar. It just says that Ibn Omar said, but to whom? no one knows.

Beside other weaknesses, this kind of narration seems to be just a snap shot of complete event, which has been specifically cut out of the whole picture to suit ones motive. Brother this is not a scholarly way of referring the evidence. Kindly provide the whole event, if you know of it.

Mi4real View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mi4real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 6:03pm

As Salam Alukum

It doesn't matter if Ali brought anything new to the religion or not, for years Shia's have denied that they believe that Ali (RA) is the same rank as the Prophet (SAW) even though we have numerous hadiths presented in Bihar Al-Anwar and other works of hadith to prove otherwise. My statements clearly prove that Sheikh Saduk one of the most eminent Shia Scholars believed this...he also had other dangerous beliefs which I will not get into, Secondly according to your Shia books of Rijal this hadith is ranked as "Hasan".

Rijaal an-Najashi, Abul-Abbas Ahmad bin Ali an-Najashi Naqd ar-Rijaal: Sayyid Mustafa at-Tafrushi
Qamoos ar-Rijaal: Allamah at-Tusturi

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 5:36am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

this is funny, your both sunni
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 8:38am

So you mean, bro Rami, that bro Mi4real doesn't believe as what the  Sheikh Saduk says about. Hmm!! So why is he raising such a point without qualifying his own stance and yet he is responding to me as in negation? This is really strange.

Anyway, thanks for your clarification. I appreciate your concern.

unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 11:09am

Asalam Aalaikum,

Majority of the Shias donot believe that Ali(Ra) is equal to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)in rank, if this narrative mentions such thing ,then that hadith should be put to test.

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic