IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arranged-Marriage Series  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arranged-Marriage Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arranged-Marriage Series
    Posted: 03 February 2009 at 6:39am
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 2:51pm
salam
What is your position on arranged marriages? Do you prefer them?
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 4:36pm
Provided the agreement is free from compulsion; I have no problem with arranged marriages. 
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2009 at 5:59pm
Ameen
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
infomagination View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 6:13am
Salaams and hi

please dont go down that route. I am a living example that arranged marriages dont work in this day and age.

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 6:56am
Originally posted by infomagination infomagination wrote:

Salaams and hi

please dont go down that route. I am a living example that arranged marriages dont work in this day and age.

What does work?
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 2:01pm
Why not? It can work besides, I can imagine that it is hard to become married without arranged marriage. How would you get a chance to meet muslimas?
Hyposonic View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyposonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 10:14pm
I know my opinion doesn't matter but if choice of the woman is involved, what is the purpose of arranged marriage? I don't know, I prefer a woman's choice without family or cultural involvement. I see some of that between Irish and Scots!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic