IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim communities  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim communities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuslimahForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim communities
    Posted: 21 January 2009 at 12:38pm
As salam alaikum, I was needing to know where I might affordably relocate to that has a strong Muslim community. I have tried everything I can think of but cant find any real resource that will give details. I have 5 kids and live in a rural area where there are no muslims except 40 miles away(a masjid etc). I have been searching for a community to move to for islamic reasons for a very long time. Can anyone give any details about where(within the USA) would be ideal for what I am requesting? Any information at all would be a relief and major help.

Edited by MuslimahForever - 21 January 2009 at 12:39pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 11:19am
Asalam Alaikum,

Welcome to the Forum.

You are really far away! I can say that Northern, VA, right outside of DC has some excellent communities. I can talk to you more if you PM me...  But there are a few A+ masjids and communities there.

Others may have more ideas.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:31pm
Assalam alaikum  Welcome to IC and I hope you enjoy your time here. I joined this forum for exactly the reason you've listed in your post. I live in a very rural area of the US with no Mosques or Muslims (that I'm aware of). I wish you luck finding the right area, and I'll be curious to learn what you find. Inshallah, you'll find everything you're looking for. Take care-- Hunter
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
Samir_Abdul View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samir_Abdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 1:07pm
anywhere on the east coast is pretty muslim friendly..philly has a large muslim population especially as far as african americans are concerned, dearborne michigan right outside of detroit is like the lagrest arab area in the u.s. so i'm sure there are muslim communities there..here in cleveland we have a pretty muslim friendly city but are economy is terrible and its difficult to find work...also chicago...
seeknowledge View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeknowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 12:23pm
Tampa and Orlando, Florida has a large population of muslims with upto high school level islamic schools. New Tampa in Tampa is a nice place
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 3:22pm
As-salam-u-laikum. If you like to live in Georgia. There is a huge muslim community and a good amount of Islamic schools and programs. Much luck on your search my sis.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
jayrag View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayrag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 12:16pm
In America us muslims are scattered about and its difficult to find a city where the Muslims are truly organized.

I used to live in Orlando,Fl and the Islamic community in Central Florida is joined together into one organization. At least 13 masjids all try to work together.

Atlanta, Ga has a good sized muslim community and many major cities on the East coast, especially the NY/NJ area.
But muslims in Amerca are scattered about and most masjids only come together to celebrate Ramadan and Eid.

But if you move to an urban area on the East coast you should find som type of muslim community.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic