IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to understand Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to understand Allah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to understand Allah
    Posted: 17 January 2009 at 3:05pm

I Pray that Al-Ilahi bestows upon me one day to be in his presence.  I imagine Al-Ilahi understanding that my actions don�t always reflect my heart, but I imagine that he understands that my heart is in the right place.  I imagine that he shakes his head with disappointment every time I falter, but I imagine that he waits for me to be better.  I imagine that he is so patient that he knows I�ll make the right decision at some time.  I imagine that if I could talk to him, he would take me in his arms and place me in his lap and explain to me very gently where I went wrong, and which lesson I was supposed to learn that I did not.  I imagine that He is where happiness is birthed, and maybe I could slumber for a while as he understands that the weight put on my insignificant and feeble soul was starting to tear me apart, and that I needed rest and respite.  I imagine that he would know all the answers that plague me and would want to tell me everything so that I could find him and happiness in my future, my present, and myself.  Nevertheless, I also imagine him wanting me to learn from my mistakes.  So, my Al-Ilah would let me continue to stumble so that I would learn to walk on my own.  I imagine him peaceful, his company placating, his presence majestic, his love never ending, his gaze of kindness without judgment, and his forgiveness indulgent.   And I imagine he smiles, and I imagine he laughs, and I imagine he prefers a child�s innocence, and I imagine he would pick me up, dust off the debri, sift out the damaged, blow away the mistakes and accept me for the sieve of a soul I returned to him.  I imagine he would be saddened by the injustices I have done to my eternal spirit, and as I look down at all the holes that I tore into my essence realizing that I was barely a complete human but that the weight goes beyond that.  I would not even be a complete soul, and I imagine that Al-Ilahi would ask me where I left those pieces of me.  I imagine I would not be able to answer him and would cling to his reality harder than ever, and I imagine that for the first time in my trivial existence I would sense that someone has understood why I am not whole.  I imagine he would let me sleep.  I imagine he would know why I parted with portions of myself in good faith thinking I was protecting others while I hurt myself.  I imagine that he would understand that I could not allow any man commit to take me as the fragment of the person I was, and that the only man who would be able to accept and comprehend my damaged soul would be my Rasool.  I imagine Al-Ilahi would let me sleep. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic