IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - London  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:53pm

Thanks for correction.

Now I will be more careful in the use of my words.

Actually whatever is happening in the society around me makes me think so. All disturbance, Uncertainty ... Nobody knows what will happen in the next moment. People afraid to go in the mosques.This situation horrifies.

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by amna_ali amna_ali wrote:

Thanks for correction.

Now I will be more careful in the use of my words.

Actually whatever is happening in the society around me makes me think so. All disturbance, Uncertainty ... Nobody knows what will happen in the next moment. People afraid to go in the mosques.This situation horrifies.

It's ok Amna, don't worry, we all use the wrong words from time to time.

However horrifying things seem, by their actions, terrorists destroy any claim to legitimacy.  Fear is their currency.... Give yourself a chance by not buying into their economic model. :) 

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:14pm

With the war declining in popularity, and the US and Britain having to pull out likely in the near future, it puts one nation in the region in serious threat, since a civil war in Iraq could easily evolve into an alliance between the groups, against their arch enemy, Israel. Resistance in Syria and Jordan against these enemies of their enemy(Israel) would not be great, and even popular with parts of these societies, and this would cause Syria and Jordan to fall like dominos and turn against Israel, if not the armies of these nations, then atleast large portions of Jordanian and Syrian society. The Senario of a nuclear bomb going off in the near future in the United States is very likely, since the pain of the british people together with the pain of the people in the United States and images and news reports about the horrors of a nuclear bomb going off in a US city will cause the US to send more troops to Iraq and elsewhere and even widening the conflict with it's strongest ally The UK right next to it...by this happening Israel will not have to face the threat of a civil war in Iraq spreading over to it's neighbouring countries, or atleast not having to face it alone...If you wish, you can read how i came to these conclusions in the post under General discussion started by JohnDM, "London 9.11 bombing".

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:40pm
And my advice to anyone with a grain of faith in him or her is to fear Him only, who Created fear and everything in the first place. Because only in Him is safety, and He has full control over every situation and everything, fear Him alone, and remember that this life is not what is lasting, but the hereafter, and that there is the true life. For the faithful a better place then this here, so do not fear death or anything else but Him. Because He is in full control of everything.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 1:51pm
The Creator has the most right to His creation, so this also goes for His creation in ourselves, like fear, love etc.
bat42001 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bat42001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 3:59pm
Does't the islamic religion teach to hate those that aren't mulsim? All infadels must convert or die? Heard that somewhere.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by bat42001 bat42001 wrote:

Does't the islamic religion teach to hate those that aren't mulsim? All infadels must convert or die? Heard that somewhere.

You heard wrong.

Yusuf
Clarabelle View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 4:57pm

Please, help me to understand someone.

I hurt so much for what has happened today.

I have friends of all faiths who are disgusted with what happened today in London and what happened in America on 9/11.

I worried all day for friends and family in London. When I found those closest to me were ok, I still felt sadness for those who were not so lucky. And anger.

How can anyone hate enough to commit the attrocities these people are capable of?

These people are making a terrible mistake. I KNOW that muslims are not violent. Unfortunately there are some (many?) that put everyone under the same umbrella...violent, murderous people, calling themselves 'muslim' and decent, genuine, peace-seeking muslims. I know the difference. I pray that the rest of the world does too.

Fundamentalists spring up in all faiths.

Love happens in all faiths.

Clarabelle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic