IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shia And Sunni  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shia And Sunni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:07am
Assalamu Alaikum

I can give you brothers and sisters here my personal story, with a she'ee brother named Ali, from Lebanon.

He told me that every year, on the anniversary of Ali's(RadiAllahuAnhu) birthday(being the lunar calendar, Im sure this shifts every year), that the doors of the Kaaba, open up by themselves! Wa'Allahi, he said this to me.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:27pm
Dear Talib_Asadullah

I am fully aware of all the ghullat and nussairi practices and beliefs....and frankly none of them believe in this...even if they are on the wrong path...

now the taqayyah thing u hav brought up...well just to let u know...the extremist anti-shia use this to save themselves dats it...if we say that Imam Ali (a.s) was a slave of Allah (s.w.t), they say u r doing taqayyah and the the real shia belief is dat u consider him god (maazallah)...which is wrong...and for a fact, these people try to teach us wat is our belief according to them....and want to lissen (from us) watever they like ...otherwise everything else is taqayyah for them....

so i usually call this the "taqayya cloth" for anti-shia to save themselves wen they are having a hard time in a debate...thats it....if u dont believe me then u can visit any random mosque and ask anybody about this....u will know the truth...
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 2:38pm
Assalamu Alaikum

From my limited understanding, Taqiyyah was a practice that came about because the Imam's were being assassinated and poisoned.. so it was life threatening to expose or make public;views i.e. "Shia" that went against The Consensus i.e. "Sunni".

I pray that She'ee here dont think that Im against you, Im not. I Love anyone who says "Laa ilah Ill Allah, Muhammdan Rasullah".

Im just bringing up these certain issues. One question I would like to ask any Shia here is this... If Ali(radiallahuanhu) became the First Rashidun Khilafah..then what? Wouldnt he have done the same as Abu Bakr As-Saddiq, Umar Al-Farooq(Radiallahuanhuma)? Ali(RA) followed the Sunnah like the rest of them.  He embodied the Sunnah, like the rest.  The main point is, what would have been the difference if Ali was first Khilafah???
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 3:37pm
The title should be Shia and Muslims due to the following reasons:
Every child born is  born on fitrah i.e., Muslim and it the parent that gives him his  religion or the absence of it....
Three progenitors of the three main line religions!
We say they were supposed to be Muslims but Judeo /Christen got the currency! Why cuz people put bunch of nonsense into it based on their egos and ignorance or the influence of sect originators!

Look at the verities of Judaism! Judaism it was supposed to be Islam...OK that is asking too much...But then  Orthodox has God in it; Conservative may be; but what is this the Reformed wow the God is history so is judgment day and it is good enough to be the Jews... meaning the Hebrews... meaning children of Abraham...And they want all the goodies here and now so go after the world .Do you see the picture?
  • Musa(a) was born and let go into the river/removal of the father figure from the scene who could be detrimental to his mental growth being in bondage you know that!
What we gonna do about Nazarenes; or so called Christians after a few centuries they took a completely a new tack they merged the "Passion of Christ " that blood and gore ....and merged with the Roman trinitarianism, RC and Lutheranism, Baptist ism and Mormonism and hundreds other ism all based on crucifixion that was an allusion made to look that actually didn't happen! 
  • Jesus(a) was conceived by the word being delivered to Murrium and born without a father cuz there were no father figure fit for the boy Jesus amongst the mammon worshiping Jews of his time and also a birth without father was to be shock to the smart aleci Jews!
  • Muhammad(s)'s was conceived and his father was taken before his birth and his nurturing escaped the father's pagan influence then he got the revelation at age he was given the Quran and he got the confirmation that he was all along a Muslim but now had an added responsibility of telling others to revert to the nature of being a Muslim in totality than anything else. All those who accepted his call reverted back to being a Muslim cuz they( adult friend Abu Bakr(r); Khatija(r) knew his life style /SUNNAH and believed his Kalimah" There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger! Of course rest in the house hold Zayd and young Ali(r) 
Now the Jews say they want the preference over the world and want Palestine to themselves  cuz they are related in blood with Abraham(a).

The Christians claim redemption cuz Jesus(a) got crucified and the Shiane Ali claim both their claim being related and cuz Hussain(r) got killed at Karbala and that land became a holy land that shiiTs carry even to Kabbah for their prayers! Just Imagine the dirt of Karbala taking preference than Haram sharifs!
  •  Who established these innovations for them when the laws of Islam were already set?
  • Is this Islam of the Prophet?
  • So where did this Shii thing came from?
  • Where did this addition to Kalima Ali waliullah come from?
  • Did Ali(r) ask this to be coined?
  • I personally have no problem with that but if we consider him waliullah why wasn't he forewarned by Allah about the attack of the assassin? As we all know Prophet(s) was warned about his assassination plot and he made plans to migrate with his bud Abu Bakr(r)
  • When he accepted to be the Caliph did people read the revised Kalima?
  • What is difference of the Passion flagellation between Shiias & RCatholics!
  • Isn't this similar to what the RCs in third world do and don't forget the Passion of the Christ stuff still raging on RCs minds while at the same time that blood of Christ has commuted their sins slate clean! Does that make any sense?
  • Hussan(r) abdicated but Hussain(r) decided to throw the gauntlet to the state forces....Was he in a different or stronger position than his elder brother?
  • Then you go further down the road and followers of Imam Ismael split from the mainline after Jafar as Sadiq refused to delegate Imamat ...How do you explain that if Jafar thought his first born was no good why did they let them Ismaelis getaway and start their own brand ?
  • Isn't obvious these sectarian Twelvers or Seveners or any of the free lancers bunch different self styled saint branching were based on the Tribal/political followings than the true spirit of Islam as preached by the Prophet(s)?
You have Alavites ruling over Syria cuz the west would not allow a Muslim majority take the reigns of power!
And you know these Ismaeils have  a weird ism and their religion is business based! Almost like the Jews!

I hope some one can come up with the answers!
I am sorry I posed too many of them.............

Edited by Sign*Reader - 14 January 2009 at 9:38pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 12:55am
what i mean by that is on this forum i saw something that said that some people believe that Shias believe that the Quran should have been revealed to Imam Ali. but this is false. REALLY false haha

just something i figured definitly needed clarifying. and i dont see all the fuss of busting out different proofs to prove that shias dont believe that cuz if we dont believe it, we dont believe it haha if it was something we believed then thats when u start busting out proof. but astakhfurallah... that is not true by anymeans
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 12:56am
and thank you Chrysalis for the warm welcome

very much appreciated :D
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:08am
Brother Talib,
by NOO means do i feel hatred coming from you. dont worry :) i appreciate the questions actually. i really do.

about the doors of the Kaba opening... yea, thats another myth lol sorry to burst ur bubble lool jkkkkk

but here is why the split occurred: Before the Prophet passed away he asked for a piece of paper so he could write down that Imam Ali is to rule after him. But Abu Bakr said that there was no need and that he was delusional and not feeling well. The thing is, the prophet declares the word of Allah. Just to say that the Prophet was delusional or that he wasnt feeling well enough to know what he was saying... astaghfurallah. you see how this came about?
and it continues from descendant to descendant of the Prophet... when the Prophets family was killed off one by one...
that was what separated the Muslims.
i say separated because we are all still Muslims. brothers and sisters.
i never will find the right to disrespect or to love less my Sunni brother, and i expect the same back. My Sunni friends never force their beliefs on me and not i to them. i just think all of us should be aware of one another. its with knowledge and understanding that we can make our bond strong and stand against everything that comes at the Muslim world. For the first thing the enemies of Islam are doing is separating Muslims and having them go at each other... its depressing really..
hossain View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:10am
Sign Reader, i promise to answer all those questions tomorrow. its 1 am and those are way too many questions haha

till tomorrow goodnight :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic