IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims' Knowledge of their Jurisprudence!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims' Knowledge of their Jurisprudence!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 2:03am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait: Please kindly always refer to your books and then give reference if you disagree with what I read from by books. I am not here to say anything on the Sunna of the holy prophet not said by him. I am not here also to argue (jidaal).
Friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

..... I attend the Magrib, Subh and Friday prayers in a congregation.....
..........What about AdDuhr, AlAsr and AlIshaa'?.........
Abosait: Please kindly always refer to your books and then give reference if you disagree with what I read from by books. I am not here to say anything on the Sunna of the holy prophet not said by him. I am not here also to argue (jidaal).Friendship.
Please read my questions and answer to the point and dont reply in such an irresponsible manner.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 2:48am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosiat posted:
Originally posted by Friendship

Sometimes they (some members of this forum) become ridiculous,as when they claim ........"I follow my Imam in the msoque, while my Head of State cannot lead me in prayers" ..........Friendship
So "Friendship', If you were to be in India you would follow Prathibadevi and when you are in the US you would ask Bush/Obama to lead your prayers?

Edited by abosait - 09 January 2009 at 6:05am

Originally posted by abosait

..... I attend the Magrib, Subh and Friday prayers in a congregation.....
..........What about AdDuhr, AlAsr and AlIshaa'?.........
Abosait: Please kindly always refer to your books and then give reference if you disagree with what I read from by books. I am not here to say anything on the Sunna of the holy prophet not said by him. I am not here also to argue (jidaal).Friendship.
Please read my questions and answer to the point and dont reply in such an irresponsible manner.

Response: Sorry, I do not think I answered you irresponsibly because I do not have an infantile brain. Now, you do not know even how I should pray the Zuhr and Asr and Isha prayer when I am in India and USA now praying with President Barak Obama?  You did not understand why I mentioned Subh, Magrib and friday prayers? I am sure you did not even attend a Madras school! Please answer your question in a polite manner!
Friendship.

abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 7:52am

I am sure you did not even attend a Madras school!
So you want an answer to that question in a polite manner? Who told you I was in Madras during my school days?

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 2:27pm
Assalamu alaikum.

abosait posted:  Who told you I was in Madras during my school days?

Response: Abosait! Understand that we have problem in the manner we Muslims teach Islam. The Madras is a universal system of teaching Islam where students read the Qur'an, hadith without following any guidelines. It is not to read or recite the alphabets or the skeleton, but to understand! We have the same set up in our country. Muslims learn the Qur'an by heart but do not know anything about it. We have to know the grammar, syntax, inflexion, past and present tenses, singular and plural etc just like you learn english grammar.  There are priorities. If you want understand what I am talking about read the Arabic book of Imam Gazali Ihya Ulumul deen vol 1. pps 15-106. This forum according to facilitators is 
to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization. We cannot achieve this without following the standard guidelines transmitted to us from the Sahabas. Nor can we achieve this without reading the Arabic texts. There is no short cut. Probably I do not understand the aim of this forum, or I am too old to join. 
Friendship.

abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 5:33pm

............... Madras is a universal system of teaching Islam where students read the Qur'an, hadith without following any guidelines.
Where did you get that definition? Please spare some time and google that word. http://www.google.co.in/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US
%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Madras&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

But if you meant a Religious School, it is Madrasah as explained in the following web page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrasah.

Here in India madrasah certificates are recognized as equivalent to Secondary and Senior secondary level and
the students who pass out of the madrassah will then have to seek admission in Universities for higher education in their field. The functioning of the Madrassahs is strictly montored by the State Secondary Education Boards set up by the Government.

Thus your remark
"
students read the Qur'an, hadith without following any guidelines" is baseless as far as my country is concerned.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 6:09pm

........If you want understand what I am talking about read the Arabic book of Imam Gazali Ihya Ulumul deen vol 1. pps 15-106..
Did you mean
Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī (1058-1111) OR

Sheik Mohammed al-Ghazali al-Saqqa (1917-1996)
Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī (1058-1111) (Persian: ابو حامد محمد ابن محمد الغزالی or امام محمد غزالی) was born and died in Tus, in the Khorasan province of Persia. ......Ghazali contributed significantly to the development of a systematic view of Sufism and its integration and acceptance in mainstream Islam. He was a scholar of orthodox Islam, belonging to the Shafi'i school of Islamic jurisprudence and to the Asharitetheology. Ghazali received many titles such as Sharaful A'emmaArabic: شرف الائمه‎), Zainuddin (Arabic: زين الدين), Hujjatul Islam, meaning "Proof of Islam" (Arabic: حجة الاسلام). He is viewed as the key member of the influential Asharite school of early Muslim philosophy and the most important refuter of Mutazilites. However, he chose a slightly different position in comparison with the Asharites; his beliefs and thoughts differ, in some aspects, from the orthodox Asharite school.[7] Source: http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:w624aVBbsBcJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-G
hazali+Abu+Hamid+al-Ghazali&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=in&client=firefox-a

Sheik Mohammed al-Ghazali al-Saqqa (1917-1996) (Arabic: الشيخ محمد الغزالي أحمد السقا ‎), was an Islamic cleric and scholar whose writings "have influenced generations of Egyptians". "The author of 94 books, Sheik Ghazali attracted a broad following with works that sought to interpret Islam and its holy book, the Qur'an, in a modern light. He is widely credited with contributing to a revival of Islamic faith in Egypt over the last decade." [1] Another source called him "one of the most revered sheiks in the Muslim world."[2]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_al-Ghazali

Honzo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 8:46pm
Quote Did you mean
Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī (1058-1111) OR

Sheik Mohammed al-Ghazali al-Saqqa (1917-1996)
Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī (1058-1111) (Persian: ابو حامد محمد ابن محمد الغزالی or امام محمد غزالی) was born and died in Tus, in the Khorasan province of Persia. ......Ghazali contributed significantly to the development of a systematic view of Sufism and its integration and acceptance in mainstream Islam. He was a scholar of orthodox Islam, belonging to the Shafi'i school of Islamic jurisprudence and to the Asharitetheology. Ghazali received many titles such as Sharaful A'emmaArabic: شرف الائمه‎), Zainuddin (Arabic: زين الدين), Hujjatul Islam, meaning "Proof of Islam" (Arabic: حجة الاسلام). He is viewed as the key member of the influential Asharite school of early Muslim philosophy and the most important refuter of Mutazilites. However, he chose a slightly different position in comparison with the Asharites; his beliefs and thoughts differ, in some aspects, from the orthodox Asharite school.[7] Source: http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:w624aVBbsBcJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-G
hazali+Abu+Hamid+al-Ghazali&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=in&client=firefox-a

Sheik Mohammed al-Ghazali al-Saqqa (1917-1996) (Arabic: الشيخ محمد الغزالي أحمد السقا ‎), was an Islamic cleric and scholar whose writings "have influenced generations of Egyptians". "The author of 94 books, Sheik Ghazali attracted a broad following with works that sought to interpret Islam and its holy book, the Qur'an, in a modern light. He is widely credited with contributing to a revival of Islamic faith in Egypt over the last decade." [1] Another source called him "one of the most revered sheiks in the Muslim world."[2]
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_al-Ghazali

Brother was refering to Abū Ḥāmid Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad al-Ghazālī (RA)

U can get a DVD from here,

http://www.cambridgemosqueismoving.org.uk/store/page1.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic