IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 9:17am
Alhamduillah

Thats all that matters, as long as you try.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:39pm
Assalamualaikum.

Just to recap. I had posted this info before here.

There are always hikmah or wisdom behind the rules that Allah introduced to His Servants. Putting on the hijab is actually His show of Raheem (mercy).

A man's Nafs (lust/desire/passion/ego) starts from the eyes. While for a woman, it is from the touch. Therefore a woman who wants to avoid the beginnings of zina (fornication) should modestly cover her head till toe (except the face and hands).

Some men's Nafs starts from just seeing the hair, some from seeing the neck, some the bu.ms, some the figure, most men will ogle at a woman's boo.ps. And for a woman, we get easily excited when we are touched even if it is accidentally.

Wearing a hijab for a woman is not only a protection of herself from sins of fornication, but also a protection for the family and for the society in general. Because the men that are looking at them are the sons, the brothers, the fathers, the husbands, the uncles, the grandfathers of a family.

And by lowering the gaze for a man, he is doing a duty towards himself and his family but also for the society, Because the women are the daughters, the sisters, the mothers, the wives the aunts, the grandmothers of somebody's family.

Therefore in this ruling, we are not only saving ourselves, but also our family and our society.

AllahulAleem.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Assalamualaikum.

And for a woman, we get easily excited when we are touched even if it is accidentally.

Wa'alaikumsalaam Nur.

I dont think that statement is exactly true. . . not only is it unfactual, it may be considered on the verge of offensive by some.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2009 at 3:04am

Ok, I beg pardon. I guess I put it wrongly.

But there is a kind of excitement even if it is a small one. How should I describe it?

Perhaps like a tingling sensation.

I think this is true when we are younger when adrenaline flow is high.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic