IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 10:31am
Also what about clothing that is about supporting  an 'image'? I heard a scholar asking a group of young teens why they wear this and that-shirts with abercrombie etc. on them. What are you paying this for etc etc.

Was interesting topic
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
savant View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 10:41am
[I dislike those who shave, there is no excuse for them.];

dislike sin not them :)

anyhow nice chit chat
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 12:41pm
Interesting point Hayfa. Nowadays everything is about 'how you express yourselves' (Facebook, music . . . T-shirts!)

some Muslim men will wear really wierd T-shirts...with wierd slogans. I knew a brother in school - who was a namazi, and had a beard , but wore a t-shirt that said: '99% of the chicks are pretty, the rest are in my school' !!! And dont get me started on those French Connection shirts!

As for the brand image... I agree completely. We should be concious about what image we support as well.... More often than not the consumer doesnt know!!! E.g, perhaps some ppl dont know Tommy Hielfiger is a racist, and said that his clothes were meant for a certain class of ppl and that he didnt want so-and-so wearing them. Sometimes they do know, but dont care ? (like this sister I saw, who apparently thought the 'playboy bunny' symbol was just an innocent one....)

That was an interesting point u brought up.

Edited by Chrysalis - 18 February 2009 at 12:43pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 1:38pm
I see. This is a good idea, I just like the idea of having a very long beard. It makes me think wisdom when I see an old man with a long beard.
About the t-shirts, I agree. Those kinds of shirts are very popular here and should not be worn by muslims.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

I see. This is a good idea, I just like the idea of having a very long beard. It makes me think wisdom when I see an old man with a long beard.
About the t-shirts, I agree. Those kinds of shirts are very popular here and should not be worn by muslims.

Masha'Allah, you will have a long beard.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 4:00am
inshallah
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

inshallah

Have you tried growing it out, akhi??
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2009 at 3:48am

Of course but it takes a long time right now, It's small

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic