IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

Mariyah: I agree with you sister. This is why I dump the western clothing and wear thobe or shalwar qameez. Because i am in my last year of High school, I wear my islamic robes on weekends only for now. I prefer them before american wears anyday. My beard is still tiny but  I will never shaveSmile
What do you sisters think about niqab? Hijab is good but niqab seems wonderful. It shows much modesty. It is a growing trend in my community now.

Btw, I see you are from Mexico or do you just live there? My exercise partner is mexican and he is good friend. He is interested in Arabic and I am trying to to teach him of what I know. My spanish is also good, i've been learning spanish and portuguese. Spanish= 7 years and portuguese= 2 years. I also have a friend from Colombia and my spanish accent is Colombian.Wink

Now i am interested in eastern languages but my school doesn't offer so i have to use the internet and friends.

Back to the subject, i think that we should all try to follow the sunnah best way possible!

Your spirit is high, thats good. However IMHO, the value of muslim is not from what he or she wear but much depend on how she or she act.

So for muslim women I support 100% if she could wear hijab. However for muslim men I don't think they have to wear shalwar qameez. Shalwar qameez is not a sunah of the Prophet pbuh. To me should be the essence not the model, as long as it cover the "aurat" will be fine. Why I support hijab, because in my understanding, hair, neck is part of the women's "aurat" based on what the quran says.

The model/type/shape of hijab can be any depend on the local culture. So to me western clothing for men with ties, tuxedos, jackets, trousers are totally acceptable. Again you don't have to wear shalwar qameez to be good muslims, if as muslim we have to wear shalwar qameez, it will be no muslim CEO in wall street, because shalwar qameez is not acceptable in wall street.

Edited by semar - 14 February 2009 at 11:06pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 5:45am
Chrysalis: lol 'Fair Muslim Brother' test.. I try my best.
 I wish I knew more languages, it's a great hobby to learn.

Semar: I agree, the muslim man doesn't have to wear eastern clothing. This depends on the individual. I see many brothers who prefer Tuxedo. I personally do not like it because it reminds me of the black suit that Jews wear in USA. Also, I think that more of us should practice sunnah and grow really long beards. Talib suggested and I agree. If your wife is wearing niqab, you should be on the same level as her. A beard would be nice
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 6:44pm
Jihadx: Again the value of Muslim both in the eyes of Allah and the eyes of human being are the same, it is not judged by how long our beard or what model our clothes are. But most of it judged by our ACTIONS, BEHAVES AND MANNERS. In our neighborhood we will be judged on how we treat our family, our neighbor, our colleges, friends. In working place, how hard we work, whether we come on time, also when we go to the bath room or kitchen we left it dry and clean or not. In our school, how hard we study, do we do our homework, do we say politely to the teacher, etc.

If we are judged by the beard, will be not fair because many Indonesian, Malaysian and other south east Asian people their beard do not even grow.

Edited by semar - 16 February 2009 at 6:50pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 9:06am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Jihadx: Again the value of Muslim both in the eyes of Allah and the eyes of human being are the same, it is not judged by how long our beard or what model our clothes are. But most of it judged by our ACTIONS, BEHAVES AND MANNERS.

If we are judged by the beard, will be not fair because many Indonesian, Malaysian and other south east Asian people their beard do not even grow.

Alhamduillah Rabbil Alamin

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Verily, Allah Subhanu wa Ta Ala says:

We sent not an apostle, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction. Holy Qur'an 4:64-65

Verily, Allahs Messenger{SAWS} says,

"Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."  (Narrated by Ibn 'Umar{RAA}-- Sahih Bukhari--Book #72, Hadith #781)

As to what follows...

You wont be held responsible for how much your beard grows. You will be held responsible from preventing it from growing i.e. CUTTING IT OFF. Not cutting the beard is an action in accordance with the commands of Allah and His Messenger{SAWS}.

I pray that Allah Subhanu wa Ta Ala illuminates our hearts with Iman and that He makes us a bright shining light among disbelief. Ameen.

Edited by Talib_Asadullah - 17 February 2009 at 12:17pm
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 2:15pm
I understand. I don't think that men are always judged by their beard. I dislike those who shave, there is no excuse for them. Most muslims in the west who aren't salafi will shave. They like to shave and they will tell you that they do it because of America. Many citizens here think if a man has a long beard and he's wearing islamic clothes, he is a "terrorist"! This is really common. I will never shave. I like the really long beards, 10 inches or so.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 7:09pm

I understand. I don't think that men are always judged by their beard. I dislike those who shave, there is no excuse for them. Most muslims in the west who aren't salafi will shave. They like to shave and they will tell you that they do it because of America. Many citizens here think if a man has a long beard and he's wearing islamic clothes, he is a "terrorist"! This is really common. I will never shave. I like the really long beards, 10 inches or so.

Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah Akhi.

The shortest the beard should be is the length of the fist.

The question is, is the Lord of these brothers America or Allah?

There is something I read from Al Ghazzali one time, and I will paraphase because I didnt remember verbatim(Maybe I can find it for you). He said, "The world is like a woman. She seeks your hand in marriage and she asks of your Deen for her dowry. And she wont be satisfied until she has every bit of it..."

And brother, I am only concerned about being judged by The Judger.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 7:27pm
Mashallah! Thank you for the information..
Jazak Allah Khayr!
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 1:53am

Actually bro, America or not - unfortunately, not many Muslim men keep beards.

I found your 10inch beard comment amusing. Smile Mashallah you are very passionate about the sunnah. There is no need/compulsion to have a Dumbledore-like beard . . .On the contrary, what  Umar (r.a) used to do was, he would hold his beard in a fist - and trim the remaining off. Trimming the beard i.e. keeping it neat and smart is reccommended. So is combing it, and moving fingers through it during wudhu (to keep it clean) - just incase you hadnt come across it - though you probably did.

Also, people of other faiths, e.g. Sikhs, and some Jews I think - tend to keep reeeally long beards - so it would be Sunnah to not follow them, hence keep it to an Umar-like level. (Both Sikhs and Jews cant trim thier beards at all)

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic