IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The problem with SOME women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The problem with SOME women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 5:30pm
Zaman sounds like you justify Taliban rule. If you ask me, any person who justifies the  creation "moral police"  and is not corrupt (society) is one blind Muslim.

Edited by Israfil
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:42am
Originally posted by rosemary rosemary wrote:

If I may interject here, what we Western women saw, and were so concerned about was not women beomg treated as good Muslim women shoud, but women begging on the streets to feed their children when NO OTHER MEANS were available to them BECAUSE they were not allowed to have any other source of income.  THAT was what bothered me. 

I do realize that my above comments do not have much to do with the original post, other than the comments about Afghan women, but I thought it was appropriate because fhe OP raised the subject of Afghan woemn..........

That being said, Western women have long preferred to have a female GP let alone a female OB/GYN.  Any influx of female Muslum Physicians jut increases the chances........

But getting back to the OP point, I do tend to agree.  I have marvelled to see young Muslimahs hanging out at the local mall, in the streets wearing the hijab and eating bacon double cheese burgers from McDonalds.  The impression one gets is that is it all has more to do with culture than religion.  Culture is more easily adaptive.  Religion is not supposed to be.

Rose

WOmen begging has EVERYTHING to do with Afghan women. 

Just think - an Afghan woman's husband gets killed in the fighting between the Northern Alliance and the Taliban. Therefore, she has no husband. SHe probably has children, but after the Taliban take over, she cannot go out without a man and cannot work. SO how does she earn money to feed her children? How does she buy food?

She can't. She either begs (and risks being beaten for being alone) or starves.

Kim...
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:45am
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

As far as I know, the girl who doesn't loses her virginity before marriage is an exception in the West. In the Middle-East, just the reverse is true.

Nah. It's just that in the Middle East a girl doesn't lose her virginity to a man, in general. She is more likely to lose it to the witch who cuts up and cuts off her genitals and sews her up with nettles.

Kim...
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:45am

Although the Taliban were puritanical, they were not known to be corrupt. They banned production of poppy under their regime which resumed after they were gone. They established law and order in Afagahinistan. Women in Afaghanistan are suffering more because lawlessness and disorder than they did under the "harsh" Taliban rule because of the religious laws. And the rule of the central govt., presently does not exist beyond Kabul.

Does being homosexual count as corrupt?

The Taliban are just a bunch of women-hating gay boys.

Kim...
Lehua View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lehua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 1:50pm

Assallamu alaikum,

Khadija, I want to thank you for your post, it said everything that I wanted to.

Zaman, do you hold men to the same standard?  Do you think a man who has lost his virginity before marriage cannot be a good husband or be a trusted husband?  And how can you judge a group of people where you have no basis to judge?

Please do not take this as an attack, I clearly do not agree with your opinion.  We cannot judge a person by thier actions because we do not know thier intentions or the events that have led them to thier decision.

Lehua

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 4:06pm

We know that there is not enough done for the protection of our sisters (and our Muslim women) there is not enough. I believe that here what some are saying here re personal opinion that really aren't relevant to what I planned to mention before. Zaman, I have to question why not you decide to respond and why not before? Regardless I can expect nothing but Western-hatred and zealous behavior. Though you are a brother in Islam I wholeheartedly agree with most of your views here concerning women.

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Zaman sounds like you justify Taliban rule. If you ask me, any person who justifies the  creation "moral police"  and is not corrupt (society) is one blind Muslim.

From what I know about them, they were not perfect but better than the current govt. At least, they were the Afghan people own govt. (that cannot be denied, as they won't have succeeded to rule there so stably and for so long, otherwise) and not the western puppet.

By corrupt, I meant robbing others in one pretext or the other.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 8:57pm

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Although the Taliban were puritanical, they were not known to be corrupt. They banned production of poppy under their regime which resumed after they were gone. They established law and order in Afagahinistan. Women in Afaghanistan are suffering more because lawlessness and disorder than they did under the "harsh" Taliban rule because of the religious laws. And the rule of the central govt., presently does not exist beyond Kabul.

Does being homosexual count as corrupt?

The Taliban are just a bunch of women-hating gay boys.

Kim...

Where is your evidence??

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic