IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The problem with SOME women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The problem with SOME women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 1:32pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Wa' Alaikum Salaam Wa' Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh!

Before my brief comment I have a question does:

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

mean:

"I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed (rejected) Satan?"

Sorry my Arabic is off a little and I know its a common greeting along with "As Salaamu Alaikum" at my masjid...sorry to sound like a noobie.....

You are right. It means to take refuge in Allah. Don't think if this is used with the salam, which means peace. We take refuge from shaytan before beginning all our daily routines.

Most commonly this expression is said before starting the recitation of Quran, and the salah.

I dont know if people use it on top of letters or not, but I am trying to bring this into my habit, insha allah.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 3:10pm

As'Slaamu Alaikum Sis,

It's a great habit! my apologies for no response I am at work will respond later...

soulsearching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulsearching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 12:03pm

Everything in feminism is equal, equal, equal.

actually thats not what feminisms about.

feminisms about being a woman, being able to comfortably be physically and psychicly different to a man. and being allowed to express yourself without the shadow of masculine thought affecting how you allow yourself to think. feminism is very much about being different different different. feminism is about having an identity that doesnt depend on what men think.

seriously..i think muslims should at least try and read some basic feminist books even though they might make you a bit embarrassed..perhaps get someone to edit the embarrasing stuff for you..some of their points are really good.

obvious ones by Germaine Greer are a good start..but im not sure if men are allowed to read such material.

Edited by soulsearching
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 2:54pm

True, those are some of the individualistic qualities of feminism, but its core premise is that those qualities (those which you've just noted in your post) are qualities which must be seen as equal and must be based not ont secual orientation or sex period, but of the individual qualities. Feminism as I was taught is not to be distinctive from the human race, but it presents itself as a particular philosophy. How I find feminism to be counter-productive is that "ultra-feminist" exact revenge on what they peceive as "anti-women" or anti-feminist. feminist want everything to be equal even sports! In Islam (to bring my religious point up here) every human in the eys of God is equal, because we all are the same species. But in matters of sex we are different and those difference from the biological perspective turn into the productive perspective. I believe how men and women operate are different.

I believe some feminist miss this point.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 8:01pm

I believe some feminist miss this point.

me too

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 7:15am
Ive never mentioned what i do for a living before.i am a postal worker.the reason i bring it up is everyday.i see magazines coming from places like UAE,Saudi Arabia,Lebanon,and even Morocco.on the covers i see Arab women in ads for make up, perfume,hair products.etc. i thought dressing like that was a taboo in those places,makes me wonder who is buying these products.
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
LiberalMuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberalMuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 10:16pm
Honey, its women like you who hold others back with your backwards thinking.
If a woman wants to work and cook whats your problem in this?
Men can work and cook also with them.
Equality is a good thing and I m just sick of hearing backwards tribal thinking in 2009.
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2009 at 12:05pm

Salam sister,

i am really impressed with your comments and also the knowledge you have,I am sorry if i write something unrelated as its a long article and one need time to concentrate,the fact you mentioned in your article that the men are using the so called freedom of women is really true,you see the beauty paegent ,many girls dream to be one of them but they dont understand that men are using them actually,do catwalk almost naked has made to look like fashion but actually it is just expolitation by men in the society.another example of equal rights for women i have is the compensation women get when they fight case for divorce,they litrally take away almost half of his lifetime earning,now this has forced the western men to go for livein relation which has no contract.just imagine in islam such alumini money is not given to women this has convinced men to go for marraiges and not for livein realtion.

thanx again for the information
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic