IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Assalamu Alaikum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assalamu Alaikum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu AlaikumJust wanted to introduce myself.Young Muslim man, stays in Michigan.Everything else will come in time, Ma'Sha Allah.Wa Salam."Dont judge the Truth by men--know the Truth and you will know men"--Ali ibn Abi Talib(RAA)
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Welcome to ICF.I also live in MI,notorious Flint to be exact.Everything will come in time (Inshallah).There will come a time when everything will cease to exsist.Al Qur'an What city are you from? Im guessing somewhere near Detroit maybe.

La, If I could choose it would be around Detriot..because of the masjids and jammats there.  I live in a place called st.joseph, MI...right next to a city called benton harbor...ever heard of either of them?  There is NO Jammat, NO masjid anywhere in both places!  Muslims who have a masjid to make salah at! Muslims who have a Jammah! Thank Allah for your blessings! You dont know how blessed you are!

I pray to Allah Ta Ala, that I find a Jammah soon.  At the moment I have no  way to travel my self due to a lack of a license.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 6:53am

Assalamu AlaikumJust wanted to introduce myself.Young Muslim man, stays in Michigan.Everything else will come in time, Ma'Sha Allah.Wa Salam."Dont judge the Truth by men--know the Truth and you will know men"--Ali ibn Abi Talib(RAA)
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Welcome to ICF.I also live in MI,notorious Flint to be exact.Everything will come in time (Inshallah).There will come a time when everything will cease to exsist.Al Qur'an What city are you from? Im guessing somewhere near Detroit maybe.
La, If I could choose it would be around Detriot..because of the masjids and jammats there.� I live in a place called st.joseph, MI...right next to a city called benton harbor...ever heard of either of them?� There is NO Jammat, NO masjid anywhere in both places!� Muslims who have a masjid to make salah at! Muslims who have a Jammah! Thank Allah for your blessings! You dont know how blessed you are!I pray to Allah Ta Ala, that I find a Jammah soon.� At the moment I have no� way to travel my self due to a lack of a license.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Jazakallah for your reply.Yes I know BH and st.joe.Whoa no Masjid in BH it realy is a ghost town as some I met from there said.You probably have to go to GR for the nearest Mosque?Inshallah we could make that a goal,to have a Masjid build in BH.Alhamduillah Brother keep your Imam.My Allah strengthen your Iman through your times of difficulty.(Ameen)
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:14am

La, If I could choose it would be around Detriot..because of the masjids and jammats there.  I live in a place called st.joseph, MI...right next to a city called benton harbor...ever heard of either of them?  There is NO Jammat, NO masjid anywhere in both places!  Muslims who have a masjid to make salah at! Muslims who have a Jammah! Thank Allah for your blessings! You dont know how blessed you are!I pray to Allah Ta Ala, that I find a Jammah soon.  At the moment I have no  way to travel my self due to a lack of a license.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Jazakallah for your reply.Yes I know BH and st.joe.Whoa no Masjid in BH it realy is a ghost town as some I met from there said.You probably have to go to GR for the nearest Mosque?Inshallah we could make that a goal,to have a Masjid build in BH.Alhamduillah Brother keep your Imam.My Allah strengthen your Iman through your times of difficulty.(Ameen)

Ameen.

Wa Alaikum Salam. Where do you happen to stay?  Yes, Both st.joe and benton harbor are small compared to a place like detriot, even grand rapids. Ive seen that there is a masjid in kalamazoo, which I think is closer than GR. Its interesting about the masjid situation.  If you search for a masjid on this very website, it says that there is a Muslim community center in benton harbor..I went to the address and the building was run down, there was no sign anywhere and no cars.  Ma'sha'Allah.  It would take some money to build a masjid, plus I would have to gauge the amount of Muslims in the area, to make it even a worth while investment. But you never know what Allah has in store for us.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 7:06am

La, If I could choose it would be around Detriot..because of the masjids and jammats there.� I live in a place called st.joseph, MI...right next to a city called benton harbor...ever heard of either of them?� There is NO Jammat, NO masjid anywhere in both places!� Muslims who have a masjid to make salah at! Muslims who have a Jammah! Thank Allah for your blessings! You dont know how blessed you are!I pray to Allah Ta Ala, that I find a Jammah soon.� At the moment I have no� way to travel my self due to a lack of a license.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Jazakallah for your reply.Yes I know BH and st.joe.Whoa no Masjid in BH it realy is a ghost town as some I met from there said.You probably have to go to GR for the nearest Mosque?Inshallah we could make that a goal,to have a Masjid build in BH.Alhamduillah Brother keep your Iman.My Allah strengthen your Iman through your times of difficulty.(Ameen)
Ameen.Wa Alaikum Salam. Where do you happen to stay?� Yes, Both st.joe and benton harbor are small compared to a place like detriot, even grand rapids. Ive seen that there is a masjid in kalamazoo, which I think is closer than GR. Its interesting about the masjid situation.� If you search for a masjid on this very website, it says that there is a Muslim community center in benton harbor..I went to the address and the building was run down, there was no sign anywhere and no cars.� Ma'sha'Allah.� It would take some money to build a masjid, plus I would have to gauge the amount of Muslims in the area, to make it even a worth while investment. But you never know what Allah has in store for us.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.You asked where do I happen to stay?I live in Flint,MI its the Buick City.about sixty miles nothwest of Detroit 23miles south of Saginaw,45miles east of Lansing.Could it be that the Masjid have been moved to knew location and is not listed?
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 7:55am

La, If I could choose it would be around Detriot..because of the masjids and jammats there.  I live in a place called st.joseph, MI...right next to a city called benton harbor...ever heard of either of them?  There is NO Jammat, NO masjid anywhere in both places!  Muslims who have a masjid to make salah at! Muslims who have a Jammah! Thank Allah for your blessings! You dont know how blessed you are!I pray to Allah Ta Ala, that I find a Jammah soon.  At the moment I have no  way to travel my self due to a lack of a license.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.Jazakallah for your reply.Yes I know BH and st.joe.Whoa no Masjid in BH it realy is a ghost town as some I met from there said.You probably have to go to GR for the nearest Mosque?Inshallah we could make that a goal,to have a Masjid build in BH.Alhamduillah Brother keep your Iman.My Allah strengthen your Iman through your times of difficulty.(Ameen)
Ameen.Wa Alaikum Salam. Where do you happen to stay?  Yes, Both st.joe and benton harbor are small compared to a place like detriot, even grand rapids. Ive seen that there is a masjid in kalamazoo, which I think is closer than GR. Its interesting about the masjid situation.  If you search for a masjid on this very website, it says that there is a Muslim community center in benton harbor..I went to the address and the building was run down, there was no sign anywhere and no cars.  Ma'sha'Allah.  It would take some money to build a masjid, plus I would have to gauge the amount of Muslims in the area, to make it even a worth while investment. But you never know what Allah has in store for us.
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.You asked where do I happen to stay?I live in Flint,MI its the Buick City.about sixty miles nothwest of Detroit 23miles south of Saginaw,45miles east of Lansing.Could it be that the Masjid have been moved to knew location and is not listed?

Wa Alaikum Salam. I apologize, you did say you stayed in flint earlier. Ive met some people who said they were Muslims from flint before. Its always possible the masjid has been moved.. I have to find out, Ma'sha'Allah.  Im not just trying to be a visitor at a Jammah..show up for Jumuah, and thats about it... I want to be an active member of a community... So I need to find one that is close, but if I have to go to Kalamazoo for the time being.. its better then missing a jumuah.  I just got to get transportation squared away, and Ill be good, In'sha'Allah.  Whats the masjids like in Flint, is there alot?
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 8:49am

Ameen.Wa Alaikum Salam. Where do you happen to stay?� Yes, Both st.joe and benton harbor are small compared to a place like detriot, even grand rapids. Ive seen that there is a masjid in kalamazoo, which I think is closer than GR. Its interesting about the masjid situation.� If you search for a masjid on this very website, it says that there is a Muslim community center in benton harbor..I went to the address and the building was run down, there was no sign anywhere and no cars.� Ma'sha'Allah.� It would take some money to build a masjid, plus I would have to gauge the amount of Muslims in the area, to make it even a worth while investment. But you never know what Allah has in store for us.
Wa Alaikum Salam. I apologize, you did say you stayed in flint earlier. Ive met some people who said they were Muslims from flint before. Its always possible the masjid has been moved.. I have to find out, Ma'sha'Allah.� Im not just trying to be a visitor at a Jammah..show up for Jumuah, and thats about it... I want to be an active member of a community... So I need to find one that is close, but if I have to go to Kalamazoo for the time being.. its better then missing a jumuah.� I just got to get transportation squared away, and Ill be good, In'sha'Allah.� Whats the masjids like in Flint, is there alot?
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother Talib_Asadullah.JazakAllah Kheiran for your reply.Alhamduillah" you want to be an active member of a community.May Allah Keep you safe on your journey to His House of worship.(Ameen)
Hunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:56am
Assalamu alaikum  Hello all.  So Akhe, you live in Flint Michigan? That's getting to be a rough town these days isn't it? Cleveland Ohio is probably about as close as I ever get to going out there. One of my best friends lives in Cleveland; he was a UAW auto-worker, now layed off of course Confused. Can't win these days. I still have a job so I guess I'm lucky. I hope you Imam is doing well. Take good care-- Hunter 
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Hunter Hunter wrote:

Assalamu alaikum� Hello all.� So Akhe, you live in Flint Michigan? That's getting to be a rough town these days isn't it? Cleveland Ohio is probably about as close as I ever get to going out there. One of my best friends lives in Cleveland; he was a UAW auto-worker, now layed off of course [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Confused" />. Can't win these days. I still have a job so I guess I'm lucky. I hope you Imam is doing well. Take good care-- Hunter�
Wa Alaikum As Salaam Brother Hunter.Yes I live in Flint,MI.Its been rough for years.Work is slow and or non-exsistant.Alhamduillah" you are still employed.Still "Alhamduillah"Im trying to focus on doing good works there are still people lest fortunate than me.At times like these Allah is your only refuge.I know some people are waiting on the new president to rescue them ,not me my faith is it Allah Ta ala.My dear Imam is in good spirits I seen him Sunday at Talim.He tells me that I can know teach others of what he has tought me,Allah Bless his heart(Ameen).Inshallah brother oneday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic