IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you like about Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you like about Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 12:44pm

Salam,

What do I like about Islam?
There is so much that I can talk about on this subject. I like how Islam is a complete religion. The Quran teaches everything and tells you how to behave, live, etc..
I like how there is much more unity in islam than in other religions.
Islam seems like the way for everyone and everyone should be muslim.
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 8:15pm
Jazakallah for the contributions :)

Nick: makes sense! I think I know what u mean... its very simple and basic - but still covers many aspects in great detail and depth. Smile

JihadX: Nice point you brought up, about the muslim unity. Despite having diverse backgrounds, races, ethnicities, geographies and language - Muslims all over the world feel a strong bond with each other. There is a hadith of the Prophet (in my own words) that the Muslim Ummah is like the human body, when one part hurts, the rest of the body feels the pain and cannot sleep. (I think I mixed up the hadith, but I hope the reader gets the point) Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

saladin I believe in the truth.
peace to all
i truely believe you believe .
why else would you read the qu'ran so much!!
it makes me happy, thank you!
love
leland
love for all conquers all
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Hyposonic Hyposonic wrote:

I like some of the pragmatic aspects of Islam. Unfortunately, from a philosophical-scientific standpoint, Islam is ideological like Christianity, therefore does not exist to me.
PEACE!!
YOU EXIST !Wink
and i love you for it. and there is no compultion. so we let god have his way.
love leland
love for all conquers all
BelieverInOne View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelieverInOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 4:31pm
Assalaam alaikum
I like that Islam is a way of life not only our religion.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

saladin I believe in the truth.

My friend,
why then deny it when it is made manifest to you?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:18pm

There are plenty of things I like and respect about Islam.  Above all, I like Muslims, generally speaking, both individually and collectively (except the ones who put a fatwa on my and my saintly Christian mother�s heads for our sole crime of being Americans).

Some of my best friends (but not awliyas, let it be clear, because I am at least nominally Christian Smile) have been and still are Muslims.  I thought that comparing Judaism to Christianity was interesting and paradoxical enough, but adding Islam to the equation makes for a highly complex and involving religious calculus.

I think, in general, that I like Islam because, to put it crudely, it is a sort of macho Christianity.  Moreover, though it might sound unintentionally glib, when I first read the Quran, in English, of course, I thought that it sounded like the God of the Old Testament, the thundering, temperamental deity of Sinai, on anti-depressants.  Gone, too, from the Quran, is the preoccupation with blood rites and rituals, so evidently favored by the followers of Moses.  I could go on, but this is enough for now. 

Serv

Edited by Servetus - 10 March 2009 at 4:22pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

(except the ones who put a fatwa on my and my saintly Christian mother�s heads for our sole crime of being Americans).

Same here! (as in, I dislike them too)

I thought that comparing Judaism to Christianity was interesting and paradoxical enough, but adding Islam to the equation makes for a highly complex and involving religious calculus.

I think, in general, that I like Islam because, to put it crudely, it is a sort of macho Christianity.  Moreover, though it might sound unintentionally glib, when I first read the Quran, in English, of course, I thought that it sounded like the God of the Old Testament, the thundering, temperamental deity of Sinai, on anti-depressants.  Gone, too, from the Quran, is the preoccupation with blood rites and rituals, so evidently favored by the followers of Moses.  I could go on, but this is enough for now. 

Thankyou for the interesting viewpoints . . . Smile ' Macho Christianity' Big%20smile

I was actually surprised, since I've never heard anyone say Islam and Christianity are alike! But your discourse was intriguing . . .pray continue!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic