IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you like about Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you like about Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Hyposonic Hyposonic wrote:

I like some of the pragmatic aspects of Islam. .
Would you like to share more? we'd like to know.  Smile

Quote Unfortunately, from a philosophical-scientific standpoint, Islam is ideological like Christianity, therefore does not exist to me.
Thats understandable to me. There are certain aspects of Islam, which are Faith-based. . . like afterlife, day of judgement, angels etc. So if one does not believe in Muhammad's message, it can be hard to believe in the rest. Other things have to make sense before we can believe, and then its easy to believe 'blindly' in spiritual things.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 4:58am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

No I asked - Was Mohammad originally a Christian?

I didnt realise it was an actual question, sorry about that. Muslims believe that Muslims/Islam has been there since the time of Adam. However, the 'label' wasnt common until after Muhammad (sws). So before the Quran was revealed, Prophet Muhammad believed in the monothiestic Abrahamic religion, revealed upon his predeccessors including Jesus. So he did believe in Jesus. However he was not originally a Christian, since he did not worship/consider Jesus divine or nauzubillah God's son. 

Quote LOL!!   You sound pretty sure of yourself!!  LOL!!  when you say-
"And by 'those who follow thee' Allah is referring to those who follow Jesus's message, which would mean - Muslims. Who are better 'christians' today, than the christians themselves - no disrespect. We worship the One True God, give Jesus his due respect as a Prophet/Messenger, believe in his prophecy of Muhammad, and avoid all the things he asked us to (idol worship, adultery, pork, alcohol, etc etc )".
Indeed! dont we do all the things the Bible originally asked us to do? Smile

Quote LOL!!  Guess what! We do worship the One True GOD.  Now that is something I hate about Islam- you judge and do not accept a  different perception Of GOD, you limit Him into a tiny cubby and say He can not be more than what YOU say He is!!  LOL!!  Our perception of GOD is different but it is the same GOD.

Rituals and outward appearances will not make you holy..

Nowhere did I or any muslim say you Christians dont believe in God. You proabably do, alhamdulilah. Thats good enough. We have the same God. However, the difference b/w us is that we stop at worshipping God, and dont go beyond that. But I shall stop here, since this thread was not supposed to be about differences. I hope that corrected your misunderstanding. I agree that ours is the same God, and that our perceptions  differ grossly.

By the way that is hugely disrepectful, sick and yes obscene saying that you are better christians-Muslims do not accept the huge momentous sacrifice given by Jesus, part of GOD's plan to be a gift of grace for us..

Let me rephrase what I said, since it offended you. Sorry about that. Muslims are better christians than most christians out there. Not all. Come on, really, how many practising Christians are there? Only believing in Christ doesnt make you a Christian, you have to 'follow' his commandements in order to be his true follower. And we do follow his commands, or try to at the least. Thats all I am saying.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 8:09am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

saladin I believe in the truth.

Well, the truth according to the Quran is -

O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendant majesty that He should have a son.....(4:171).

[0]If you cant believe in this, you should as well stop giving your twisted interpretations of the verses. Didnt Shasta make this clear in another thread? Yet you persistently keep buzzing around.

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Hyposonic View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyposonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 6:41pm

Islam is pragmatic to me because like Judaism, it begins to tackle some of the �real-world� problems such as finances, law, philosophy, religion. Islam appears to cover a wide range of social issues that humans face everyday. If you [chrysalis] would like examples I can find some for you.

Edited by Hyposonic - 05 January 2009 at 6:41pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Hyposonic Hyposonic wrote:

Islam is pragmatic to me because like Judaism, it begins to tackle some of the �real-world� problems such as finances, law, philosophy, religion. Islam appears to cover a wide range of social issues that humans face everyday. If you [chrysalis] would like examples I can find some for you.

This is one of the reasons I like Islam too. . . Smile I was just curious about the aspects others liked - to get the discussion going and for my own curiosity.

CSK001 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSK001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 11:49pm
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your ideas and views with us.  I'm a new one in this forum.  Please keep updating me.

CSK

Nick View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:39pm
I find Islam simple yet complicated (if that makes sense).  It affects every aspect of life.  Muslims seem to be very devoted to their belief system and for the most part all on the same page.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 10:37am
good thread...Thumbs%20Up
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic