IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inter Marriages  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inter Marriages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arahmanabdallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inter Marriages
    Posted: 01 January 2009 at 3:47pm
Assalam Alaikum brothers in Islam; i have found myself in a situation that needs help; after a very long timeo f being astray; i decided to come back to the one and only religion i am convinced is chosen for mankind by God himself; i am married to a christian woman who doesn't like Islam; she is currently pregnant for me; what should i do; should i divorce her and marry a muslim woman? please i need help.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 9:57pm

W'alaikum slaam Brother Abdallah,

Subhanallah, congratulations on finding Islam.

As for divorce brother, It is not liked by Allah. Infact, in Islam, its the only Halal (permissable) thing that Allah dislikes. Breaking up a family is only allowed in severe circumstances . . . usuallly it is to be avoided.

Besides, you have a baby on the way. . . it is all the more important for you to keep the marriage together. Think of it this way, if you get a divorce, there are lesser chances of your baby bieng raised a muslim - but if you stay with your wife, you can be a good muslim father to your child, inshallah.

Also, in Islam, it is permissable for you to have a Christian wife. And your case is slightly different anyway, since you are already married to her. Be a good practising muslim . . . good muslims are good husbands. Follow the sunnah - inshallah there are high chances that she will see the goodness of Islam in your actions. Remember, you are a representative of Islam to her.

So keep your marriage and your wife, and your child. Inshallah, Allah will bless your life. . . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic