IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Uncomparable love!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uncomparable love!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uncomparable love!
    Posted: 27 December 2008 at 12:03pm
UMCOMPARABLE LOVE by Yasir Qadhi

Once Abdullah ibn Umar ra was doing tawaf around the kebba when he saw a man who was carrying an old lady on his back. When the man recognised ibn Umar, he quickly ran to him and said that the lady on his back was his mother. She wanted to perform hajj while he did not have the means to afford the expenses. They lived in such and such a province (far away) and so the only thing he could afford was to carry her. He continued to ask, 'Have I now recompensed her? are we (my mother and I) now equal in the scales'? To which ibn Umar ra said, 'You have done nothing in comparison to what she has done for you, but nonetheless, you have done good and may Allah reward you for it'.

The man repeated himself again, Ibn Umar ra again said, 'you have done nothing because she sacrificed everything for you and she did it for you, now you are doing it as a sense of guilt and with the intentions of repaying her and getting it off your back'. The psychology of what she did is different to what you did so how can you compare the two?

Allah sw has established a convenant (METHAQ) with man that they should worship Him and be good to ones parents. This decree of Allah should not be broken.

What does it mean to be good? Allah sw mentions the word 'IHSAN' which is the highest level of good. Ihsan is a state of being, it's not an action, ihsan is when you give the most you can and expect the least in return. Had there been a word greater than Ihsan, then Allah sw would have used it.

Allah sw continues to say that if your parents reach old age, then don't even say 'UF' to them. Uf, a two letter word, indicates that you are irritated. Allah sw orders us not to show the slightest indication of irritation or annoyance to our parents. Had there been a word that that was lesser than uf, then Allah sw would surely used it.

It is human nature to get angry and Allah sw knows that, that is why He didn't tell us not to get angry (that would have been a command which would have been difficult to uphold), rather He ordered us with something within our capacity. That is, to control what we say. Feel what you like of frustration but don't show it!

Obey your parents always except when it goes against Allah sw and His deen. Even if your parents ask you for something that is more than you can bear, still show optimism and say things like, 'inshala I will try'.

Oh Allah, have mercy upon our parents just because they raised us when we were young. The love of a parent for their children is unconditional and selfless.

Once a sahabis mother died and he cried. The other sahabas tried to console him. He told them, 'Do you think Im crying because my mother died? Of couse Im crying for that reason but I am also crying because my DOOR to JANNAH has now been shut and I don't know if I got in or not. I don't know if I was good enough to her or not.

No deed cleanses us of our sins as much as serving our parents does. A man once left Yeman to join the prophet asw in jihad. He boastfully said to the prophet, 'I have come from Yemen (far from Hijaz), leaving behind my crying parents so that I may join you in jihad'. The prophet asw asked him if he desires jannah and the man said yes, to which the prophet asw replied, 'then go back to your parents and make them laugh as you left them crying.'

Please click the link for an audio: http://www.qwasat.org/2008/03/21/unc...fs-march-2008/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic