IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Israeli Jets bomb Gaza: 1,300 Dead  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Israeli Jets bomb Gaza: 1,300 Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 6:04pm
This is sad. Everone i speak to about this says that "something should be done against the Yahoudis". Does anyone agree with that statement?
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2008 at 7:07pm

Asalaamu alaikum...I find that the perpetrators of heinous acts Will recieve theirs on the last day.....To jews I say shame for how you lock ducks in a cage and then shoot at them for sport (not to mention they are your brothers in Abraham.)
To Christians I say you dishonor your leader in not following his teachings...whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me, You dishonor The ONE True God by the worship of his creation therefore you will be held accountable for your actions as we all will..
to Muslims who sit by, watch and do nothing..contact your representatives, demand that financial and aid to Israel STOP......stop the financing of terrorist actions against a imprisoned population. I am going downtown to sit ouside an embassy tomorrow in the freezing  cold, what are you doing?

May Allah have mercy upon us all

2:136 Say (O muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the Prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

4:44 Seest thou not those unto whom a portion of the Scripture hath been given, how they purchase error, and seek to make you (muslims) err from the right way?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 4:09am
I would like to invite forum friends here who are 'members' of Avaaz to write to the organisation and complain in the strongest terms about why they do not have the Gaza situation on their front page. They do not give it prominence in their list of activities, and wimp out with puerile actions such as putting YouTube clips up. Just as the UN wimps out, and the Vatican with their meaningless "condemnations in the strongest terms".

The Israeli-Palestine problem is THE most important geo-political conflict, it has not been resolved because there is no political will to resolve it. The knock on effects of a balanced solution would mean a renaissance in Arab-Islamic lands which would engender a new socio-economic reality there, ultimately threatening the existing 'status quo' , maintained by the Zionist banking cartel who hold the world's purse strings.

Please note: THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION to this problem. Obviously, killing each other only ensures it continues generation upon generation. Only a new paradigm thinking can confront the problem, and it appears before us like the insurmountable mountain: it involves changing the way you think, and challenging the way things are presented to you:

1. We have all swallowed wholesale the American-Israeli led propaganda which continuously blames the victims for their plight: e.g this would not have happened if Hamas had upheld the ceasefire. The antidote to such propaganda is not more propaganda (counter-propaganda), but a personal investigation into the events. Particularly important in this quest is a balanced view of the continual reinforcement of the story of persecution of Jews in recent history. By continually presenting themselves as the victims, the Jewish state of Israel is like the spoiled child who can do no wrong in the eyes of its parents.

2. Appealing to political power is as usefull as whistling in the wind. Think laterally: i.e what can you do that would make your local representative notice that you are actually his boss? What can you do that would have some real repercussion on his/her position? Telling him or her that you are "disgusted by the stance on Israel" isn't going to have much effect (it hasn't had ANY effect in the past 40-60 years) so think of something more basic. Ultimately you should abandon the existing Black & White paradigm which states you are either with us or against us, and that boils everything down to the false-dichotomy of left or right, Democrat or Republican.

I don't have time for more right now, but I'll come back later!
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 6:14am
A Gazan man said on camera - We dont want anyone's help, especially that despicable DOG of Egypt, Mubarak's - Unqoute. Thats insulting dogs.

Tzipi says Hamas came to power through a coup and are now holding Gazans hostage. Also that Israel's attacking only Hamas members and sites - Apparently, babies and children were also members of Hamas.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 7:47am

Mon

Dec

Shock, Awe and Lies: The Truth Behind the Israeli Attack on Gaza PDF Print E-mail
Written by Chris Floyd   

Here is a simple, stone cold fact. You cannot read or hear the truth about what is happening in Gaza from any corporate media in the United States. The only thing you will find there are regurgitations of Israeli spin, which are themselves only regurgitations of the kind of spin that American militarists have put on their own depredations -- for centuries now. Up and down the American media and political establishments, you will find nothing but bleatings about Israel being "forced" to launch its vicious blunderbuss attacks against heavily populated Gaza because of the "recent spate of Hamas bombings" since the end of a six-month ceasefire.

This is of course a damnable and deliberate lie. Papers in Israel -- in Israel, but not the United States -- are reporting the truth: the murderous assault on Gaza was planned not only before the six-month ceasefire ended -- it was planned before the cease-fire even took effect. Indeed, the cease-fire was part of the military plan to decimate the civilian areas of Gaza; it was a hoax, a scam, a deliberate feint to buy time for military preparations -- precisely the same strategy followed by the Bush Regime (and its bipartisan Establishment supporters) in "going to the UN" to seek a "peaceful solution" to the "Iraqi crisis" -- when the invasion was already in the works.

Haaretz reports on the Israel's deceit in the latest outrage, in the aptly titled piece, "Disinformation, secrecy and lies: How the Gaza offensive came about":

Long-term preparation, careful gathering of information, secret discussions, operational deception and the misleading of the public - all these stood behind the Israel Defense Forces "Cast Lead" operation against Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip, which began Saturday morning. he disinformation effort, according to defense officials, took Hamas by surprise and served to significantly increase the number of its casualties in the strike.

Sources in the defense establishment said Defense Minister Ehud Barak instructed the Israel Defense Forces to prepare for the operation over six months ago, even as Israel was beginning to negotiate a ceasefire agreement with Hamas. According to the sources, Barak maintained that although the lull would allow Hamas to prepare for a showdown with Israel, the Israeli army needed time to prepare, as well..

The story also notes that the recent racheting of tension was sparked, deliberately, by a heavy-handed Israeli incursion into Gaza:

The plan of action that was implemented in Operation Cast Lead remained only a blueprint until a month ago, when tensions soared after the IDF carried out an incursion into Gaza during the ceasefire to take out a tunnel which the army said was intended to facilitate an attack by Palestinian militants on IDF troops....

While Barak was working out the final details with the officers responsible for the operation, Livni went to Cairo to inform Egypt's president, Hosni Mubarak, that Israel had decided to strike at Hamas. In parallel, Israel continued to send out disinformation in announcing it would open the crossings to the Gaza Strip and that Olmert would decide whether to launch the strike following three more deliberations on Sunday - one day after the actual order to launch the operation was issued.

"Hamas evacuated all its headquarter personnel after the cabinet meeting on Wednesday," one defense official said, "but the organization sent its people back in when they heard that everything was put on hold until Sunday."

Not only did this deception lead Hamas to send its officials back to work -- it also meant that there was no general warning to the masses of civilians packed like sardines into Gaza's hellish confines. It meant that civilian casualties would be maximized -- especially when the initial assault was launched in the middle of the day, with thousands of schoolchildren out at their lesson.

As Glenn Greenwald notes, Israel's massive bombing of civilian areas -- even if couched in terms of "retaliation" for scattershot strikes on Israeli territory by a political faction -- constitutes "a clear violation of the Geneva Conventions." Greenwald also adroitly turns Barack Obama's campaign kowtowing to Israeli militarism on its head:

[Obama on the campaign trail]: "The first job of any nation state is to protect its citizens. And so I can assure you that if -- I don't even care if I was a politician -- if somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I'm going to do everything in my power to stop that. And I would expect Israelis to do the same thing."

Can't the exact same mentality be deployed to justify everything Hamas has done and is doing, to wit:  "if a foreign power were brutally occupying my country for four decades -- or blockading my country and denying my children medical needs and nutrition and the ability even to exit -- I'm going to do everything in my power to stop that.  And I would expect Palestinians to do the same thing"?  But the last thing that our political class ever extends is reciprocal, two-sided analysis to this dispute.

What is the ultimate context of this carnage? The fact that the Arab inhabitants of Palestine had their land taken away from them by force -- not in some ancient, historic era, but within the lifetime of many thousands of Palestinians still living. I hold no brief for Hamas; like the Angry Arab, whose coverage of the conflict has been relentless and penetrating, I don't care for any party based on religious extremism. But as Greenwald notes, every action taken by Hamas and other Palestinian resistance groups could be characterized as "retaliation" for the theft of their land, not to mention the war crime of collective punishment and genocidal blockades visited upon the Occupied Territories for years.

But there is not a single peep of this perspective from America's ruling class and its media courtiers. Of course, it is a bit much to expect a nation which itself was built on land theft, repression and slaughter to see anything wrong or "disproportionate" in Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. What else are you supposed to do when those dang heathen savages come around with their war parties and tomahawks, trying to get back the land that God Almighty has granted to good white folk?

Meanwhile, here's what Israel's "Manifest Destiny" looks like on the ground in Gaza.
From the Maan News Agency (via the Angry Arab, as was the photo above):

Death shrouds the hallways of Gaza City's Ash-Shifa medical compound Saturday, its smell creeping in from all corners. mputated bodies are strewn throughout hallways because morgues in the city can no longer accommodate the dead. In one corner a man stands with his seven year old son in a cardboard box because the hospital ran out of sheets to cover the dead with. This is how he will carry him home and bury him. Another man stands dazed, in shock after watching his son Mohammed killed during his graduation ceremony at the de facto police headquarters. The father of one of Mohammed's classmates stood next to his son as he was decapitated. The man is still screaming.

In the packed hospital waiting room a mother sits silently staring into the distance; her son was pronounced dead shortly after she brought him in... Forty-year-old mother Nawal Al-Lad'a did not find the bodies of her two sons in the medical compound, so she left to look amid the rubble.

Husam Farajallah, a university student, was at the hospital collecting the body of his relative. He called what happened in Gaza a "black day" in the lives of all Palestinians, and wondered how the world could watch and do nothing.

Medics in Gaza confirmed that the majority of those killed in the day's attacks were civilians, including men, women and children. Most were cut to pieces, making the job of doctors and medics difficult, and the task of giving bodies back to families painful and gruesome. The medics working in the field continue to dig up bodies from the densely populated urban areas of Gaza City.

The scenes remind many Palestinians of the images that came out of the Sabra and Shatila massacres from Beirut in 1982, when thousands of Palestinians were killed by the Lebanese Phalangist militia.

As the death toll climbs and no word on a halt to the attacks has come from Israel, Gazans fear for their lives and loved ones.

JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 7:52am
Thanks for sharing Saladin. I believe you are right about the USA media.  The USA supports them in everything they do.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 8:55am
LOL!!  Immediately all of you judge me and mis-understand my post.  I am neither pro Israel or hamas.  GOD will be the judge and each will receive their just rewards.

Basically Hamas is a mosquito buzzing around Israel.  How long will it continue to irritate before it is slapped into oblivion? 

If the situation was reversed and Israel were the little irritating mosquito what would hamas do?

The whole situation is sad, very sad.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 11:00am
Believer,

If its said that Israel's the mosquito, thats a major understatement. Israel's a cancerous tumor planted on the Mid East by the West and the Palestinians are suffering for the sins of erstwhile anti-semitic Europe.

Why do you hide the fact that some in your community yearn for all this carnage? Dont these bellicose evangelical dispensationalists want the Holy land and all Biblical lands to be a holy mess and two-thirds of the Jews in Israel destroyed so that these schizos can get raptured.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
  Share Topic