IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this fair to expect wife to earn in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this fair to expect wife to earn in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this fair to expect wife to earn in Islam
    Posted: 25 December 2008 at 4:29pm
In Islam Husband is responsible for bring food to table. If he has good job and still expects wife to work when she wants to be a housewife and devoted mother to kids What should a woman do in light of  Islamic teachings . He says why u have to stay home and I work you better do as much hard work or more than me. Should a wife be obedient even then?

I know many women want to work after marriage but SHOULD THEY BE MADE TO WORK ?

Thanks

Allah Hafiz
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 7:07am
Hello sister,
I hope everthing must be fine now,i know i am late but since this is there on the post stil so thought of replying,
in islam woman is not suppose to work as they have better responsibilities than working out,regardless of the finacial condition if husband forces his wife to earn he will be answerable on the day of judgment.husband has no right to ask his wife to work and at the same time handle the house.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 7:46am
Originally posted by samya samya wrote:

I know many women want to work after marriage but SHOULD THEY BE MADE TO WORK ?

Thanks

Allah Hafiz

No a woman should not be made to work. If she chooses to because there is little money coming into the house then that is acceptable. Any money a wife has is her own....to do with as she pleases....if to help to pay for things in the home then that is also good. Married couples should try to live as simply as possible...any extra money is a bonus and should be used wisely.
As this does not seem to be the case for you as husband earns well then he is not being fair. You have your hands full with the family.
Perhaps he is trying to live some western values.?I know my ex-husband wanted me to be a good muslim housewife and still work 72hrs a week(which I did)....he just wanted to mix up 2 cultures in 1 to suit himself.
Don't fall into that trap.

Edited by martha - 03 October 2009 at 7:50am
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 4:00pm
Asalala Alaikukm Samya,

Did you discuss this with him before you married?

Why does he say she should work?

No, he should not make her work outside the home. Enough work to do at home.. Smile

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic