IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Things I find hard since coming to Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Things I find hard since coming to Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote habibs_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 4:46pm
Salaam,

First Hunter... Have you checked out the Vermont Islamic Center. I didn't find it terribly women friendly but seemed open to the guys. Even if your in the sticks, you should be relatively close. I am originally from the Central part of the state - only one Muslim family in town that i now of.

Mariyah, you wouldn't happen to be in Tucson would you? I heard their big Mosque was becoming more open to women - being able to see and hear. I was there a few years back and a sister closed up the partition and then the sisters talked and talked while I strained to hear the Kutbah. Yuck. We are moving there God willing in a few months and I would love to be able to attend in a setting where I can hear and see.  As a convert, I think it is important to have a sense of community.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 2:51pm
Great article for new Muslims that was posted by ayda negash.
meryema View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meryema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:38am
Salamu Alaikum sisters and brothers,

I am an alone muslim in my family, and they don't even know it. I am absolutely sure I am the alone in my city too and among about few thousands of all my country (Czech Republic). I converted to Islam at the beginning of this year with help of care of my muslim boyfriend, but he was in constant struggle with my sinful past and our love did not sustain this burden.

I know there are loads of stories of girls converting for boyfriend and then getting back to their bad lifes etc but I believe I am not one of them, I submissed my soul to ALLAH, not to my boyfriend. Insallah many girls with similar stories will realize this fact.

Like I said... becomming a Muslim was the best thing in my life I could do. However, it's so hard, because I don't miss anything, but I am constantly being put back to forbidden things. My parents are encouraging me to drink alcohol constantly, no need to mention big family celebrations. Or refusing pork foods and trying to find explanation for it, because I can't say I am a Muslim.

I miss my family, even though I am always with them. Maybe I miss the times when I could enjoy our lunch or family reunions without that much thinking.

Has anybody experienced such contrastive thinking? Sometimes I am lost and I dont know what to do, I want to be good with my family and respet their habbits but at the same time I am convinced that what they are doing is wrong and I wish I could warn them anyhow. And live is so short!

Maybe I miss that peace of my brain :) There was no need to think about ANYTHING before I converted haha.. Anytime I try to write meaningful response I am getting lost in my thoughts, sorry for that! I ll try to rule over my mind insallah :-) Salam
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by meryema meryema wrote:

Or refusing pork foods and trying to find explanation for it, because I can't say I am a Muslim.

Why can't you tell them? I've read stories in which reverts are saying that their parents/families would disown them etc. if they told them about their having become Muslim. I hope that's not the case for you.
meryema View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meryema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 4:59pm
[/QUOTE]
Why can't you tell them? I've read stories in which�reverts are saying that their parents/families would disown them etc. if they told them about their having become Muslim. I hope that's not the case for you.
[/QUOTE]

Hello dear! I'm not exactly sure what would happen but I can imagine a scenario like me locked in the basement with a metal bowl on my leg with no access to literature radio internet and any kind of media and make me say "all religion are bad and only lead to wars and conflicts" ;) I think it is half irony but half serious...

Edited by meryema - 03 October 2011 at 5:00pm
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 11:38pm
Salam,

Do things slowly, gradually including deal with family. Insha Allah everthing just need time, nothing work instantly except "tylanol" (for non US dudes, tylanol is a headache medicine/pain killer). May Allah help you to ease the process.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
safi70 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safi70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2011 at 7:44am
Salam sister meryema,

I can relate to your story. I understand you fully and if you would like to chat privately ,my email is [email protected]. Insha''Allah we can talk soon. Take care sister.Smile

Edited by safi70 - 04 October 2011 at 7:45am
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2011 at 8:20pm
Salam Alaikum,

I know a Muslim brother who lives alone in his city. He says there is no Muslim in 75 mile sphere where he lives. But he is doing his bit by visiting Yahoo Answers and explaining Islamic beliefs to non Muslims. Even his wife died recently. He is ageing but is in high spirits.

You know transition is difficult. But slowly and surely you will overcome the minor problems you face. May
Allah help you.

M J Iqbal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic