IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can any one listen or help us from his grave?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can any one listen or help us from his grave?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can any one listen or help us from his grave?
    Posted: 24 December 2008 at 2:33am
Originally posted by a4asim80 a4asim80 wrote:

Prophet Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) has informed his Ummah �Do not make your houses graves, and do not make my grave an � eid � (place of gathering). But invoke blessings on me, for your blessings reach me wherever you may be.�

(See, Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood vol.1, no.1796)

Means Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) can listen from any where & can help, and some help of Quranic verses.

The direct hearing of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to the greetings of salaam or to anything else after his death is not proven.

What is established however, is that the angels convey the greetings of salaam to him.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said,

'Allah has angels, who travel about the earth. They convey to me the peace greetings (salaam) from my Ummah.'
[Sunan an-Nisaee, Sunan ad-Darimi and Musnad Imam Ahmad. See Saheeh Sunan an-Nisaee vol.1, no.1215. This Hadeeth is hasan according to Shaikh al-Albanee]

This hadeeth indicates that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) does not independently hear the salaam of the Muslims.

The angels deliver the greetings to him.

It also becomes certain that he cannot hear other forms of conversations directed at him either.

Thus, the attempt to converse with the Messenger or ask him anything is absolutely baseless and has no precedence from the sahabah, who understood the religion best.

Finally, the narration of Abdullah Ibn Hussain, the grandson of Alee (radhi allahu anhu), puts a decisive conclusion to this issue. He said to a man, who frequently visited the grave of Allah�s Messenger,

�O you person, Verily Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said,
�Do not take my grave as a place of worship and invoke blessings upon me wherever you are, for your blessings will reach me.� Thus, you and a person in Spain are equal.�
[This hadeeth is mentioned by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah in Kitab al-Waseelah (p.136) and al-Iqtidaa p.155-156]

Edited by abosait - 25 December 2008 at 6:32am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 6:14pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Can any one listen or help us from his grave (whether any Prophet, Sufi or any Buzarge) after death?

but you cannot make hear those who are in graves�- [Faatir 35:22]

This ayah gives us a clear meaning that the dead cannot hear us.

The Prophets and the shuhada� (martyrs) are alive in al-barzakh as the Prophet (Sallal lahu alayhi wasallam) said: �The Prophets are alive and they pray in their graves.� (Narrated by al-Mundhiri and al-Bayhaqi who classed it as saheeh because of corroborating reports in al-Saheehayn.)

Allah says - �And say not of those who are killed in the way of Allaah, �They are dead.� Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not� [al-Baqarah 2:154]

This hadith and ayah, help us understand that only Prophets and Matryrs are alive in the graves. But it does n't mean that they hear us. They enjoy there special status at Barzaq.

There is no evidence fron Qur'an and sunnah that they hear our duas. Yes, there's a hadith which states that our durood/salam are presented to our Prophet.

Those people present us the example of Badr, that was a special case. Else we don't find any evidence which prove that the dear hear us and pray for us

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Hyposonic View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyposonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:35pm
HMMM hearing is the last thing to go once the brain dies so as far as hearing biologically I don't know how this is possible.
a4asim80 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4asim80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 12:36am

I have some very important questions; please guide me according to Quran & Ahadees. JazakALLAH

Can any one listen or help us from his grave (whether any Prophet, Sufi or any Buzarge) after death?

My believe (Aqeedah) is that after the body is dead it is of no use and they cannot hear, People who believe dead person can listen uses these examples that it is reported in a hadees in Muslim when prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) addresses the body of abu jahl, umaya and others Umar(رضي الله عنه)asks him how can the dead hear to which the Prophet(صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) replies that they can hear but cannot reply.

It was narrated that Ibn �Umar (رضي الله عنه) said: �The Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) stood over the well of Badr [into which the bodies of the mushrikeen had been thrown] and said, �Have you found the promise of your Lord to be true?� Then he said, �They can hear what I am saying now.��

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3980; Muslim, 932)

It was narrated that Abu Talhah said: ��Umar said, �O Messenger of ALLAH (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم), why are you speaking to bodies that have no souls?� The Messenger of ALLAH (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) said: �By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, you do not hear what I am saying any better than they do.��

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3976; Muslim, 2875. See Fath al-Baari, 7/304) 

Prophet Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) has informed his Ummah �Do not make your houses graves, and do not make my grave an � eid � (place of gathering). But invoke blessings on me, for your blessings reach me wherever you may be.�

(See, Saheeh Sunan Abu Dawood vol.1, no.1796)

Means Prophet (صلّى الله عليه وسلّم) can listen from any where & can help, and some help of Quranic verses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic