IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The signs of an accepted Hajj or 'Umrah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The signs of an accepted Hajj or 'Umrah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The signs of an accepted Hajj or 'Umrah
    Posted: 19 December 2008 at 8:07am

Question:

Are there any signs which appear upon those whose performance of the Hajj or the 'Umrah is accepted?

Response:

It is possible for there to be signs for the one whose Hajj, fasting, charity or prayer has been accepted by Allaah and they are:

• the opening of the heart (to good),
  • happiness of the heart and a lighted face.

Certainly, for worshipping (Allaah) there are signs that appear on the body,

• signs that are visible and
  • signs that are hidden.

Some of the Pious Predecessors have mentioned that from the signs that a good (act) has been accepted (by Allaah) is that
he will be granted the towfeeq to do (yet) another good (act).

Certainly the towfeeq of Allaah for him to do more good (acts) after it, is evidence that Allaah ('Azza wa Jall) has accepted his previous good (acts).

He has made it easy for him to do another good act and is happy with him for it.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen

Daleel al-Akhtaa.a yaqa'a feehaa al-Haaj wal-Mu'tamir wat-tahdtheer minhaa - Page 115

ref: http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/worship/hajjandumrah/haj016/0000303_1.htm

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2008120823905

Edited by abosait - 26 December 2008 at 1:57am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 11:35am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait posted: Are there any signs which appear upon those whose performance of the Hajj or the 'Umrah is accepted?

Response: As for the Umrah, no one can say since the rituals do not necessary involve an Imam specially leading the Umma in a certain act.
But as for the Hajj it is best to leave acceptability on the Day of Judgment. I knew that my Hajj in 1983, we performed the Arafat standing on friday, while friday was 8th of Zul hajj. I think this is the only year in which the Arafat was observed on the 9th of Zul Hajj. Secondly, the Imam leading the prayer on the Day of Arafat is not an Imam Kubra, but an Imam Sugra. This also contradicted the Sunna, because the holy Prophet lead the Arafat prayer in his position as an Imam Kubra. Likewise Abubakar, Umar, Uthman. In case a khalifa was unaable to attend the Hajj, like during the time of Umar bin Abdul'azeez and some of the Umayyad rulers, the Amir of Madina lead the prayer.  Thirdly, people observe full Raka'at of Zuhr, Asr and Isha while on Hajj while they are supposed to observe Qasr. So, according to my understanding of the Sunna, no one will know his fate until on the Day of Judgment. Obedience to Muhammad today is overshdowed by complacency, apologies and ignorance. However the clue is the saying of Muhammad Rasulullah, "Pray in the manner you saw me praying and take your Hajj rituals from me".
According to my understanding, no opinion and Ta'wil are allowed in the established Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah.
Friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2008 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.
................I knew that my Hajj in 1983, we performed the Arafat standing on friday, while friday was 8th of Zul hajj.

I think this is the only year in which the Arafat was observed on the 9th of Zul Hajj............

Wa alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

Your statements contradict each other. Moreover on what authority do you make such a statement?

I had asked you similar questions in response to one of your early posts here:

but you have not replied till today.

............Secondly, the Imam leading the prayer on the Day of Arafat is not an Imam Kubra, but an Imam  Sugra........

What do you mean by Imam Kubra, and Imam Sugra?

Perhaps those are some Arabic terms commonly used among Muslims in your country, but I am not aware of. So kindly translate those terms into English and oblige.

Kindly also provide proof from the Islamic traditions of Qur'an and Sunnah in support of your claim.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you amply for this noble deed.

...............Thirdly, people observe full Raka'at of Zuhr, Asr and Isha while on Hajj while they are supposed to observe Qasr.............................

Please be clear as to who you mean when you say "people observe". Who are these ignorant "people"? 

Edited by abosait - 26 December 2008 at 1:59am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 8:20am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait posted: What do you mean by Imam Kubra, and Imam Sugra?

Perhaps those are some Arabic terms commonly used among Muslims in your country, but I am not aware of. So kindly translate those terms into English and oblige.
Response:Sorry Abosait. The Arabic explaining the Sunna of the holy Prophet is Arabic anywhere in the world. It is not like other worldy languages. Please try to learn it, because it is a very rich and elaborate language. You can only understand the Sunna if you learn it. Imam Kubra means an Imam standing in the position of Muhammad Rasulullah in all our walks of life and not only during the prayers. An Imam Sugra is the one standing in the position of Muhammad as the one leading only in prayer.
Kindly also provide proof from the Islamic traditions of Qur'an and Sunnah in support of your claim.
Response: Please note and understand that it is only an idiot and fool an inhabitant of Hell fire who will say something not said by Muhammad Rasulullah. So it is unbecoming for a Muslim to ask a Muslim to quote the Qur'an or a Hadith in his fatwa. This is what I find the practice of the members of this forum. A member quoted Bukhari, but I did not find the hadith in my Bukhari edition. I asked him the source on the subject matter, to look for the commentary of the hadith and not the bare Arabic wordings. A hadith can appear in one Book and in the other under a different subject matter. So please try to learn Arabic and to be building your undersanding from what you heard.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala reward you amply for this noble deed.
Response. Please do not get annoyed with me. It is difficult to explain some Arabic terms in the style of English.Moreover, you know that you ar responsible to yourself on the Day of the hereafter. There is no excuse for you in not understanding the Sunna, in the manner understood by Abubakar, Umar etc. 
Friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 3:43am

...........it is unbecoming for a Muslim to ask a Muslim to quote the Qur'an or a Hadith in his fatwa............

That statement of yours openly contradicts what the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihiwasallam said in his last sermon on the 9th day of Dhul al Hijjah, 10 A.H. (632 A.C.) in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.:
"......I am leaving you with the Book of God (the QUR'AN*) and my SUNNAH
All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly.."

Edited by abosait - 26 December 2008 at 2:02am
Jawed Iqbal View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jawed Iqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 4:10am
It is reported, ‘One of the signs of an accepted Hajj is that a Haji gives up all those acts of disobedience that he was indulged in the past, he quits the company of bad friends and keeps the company of pious people, he abandons the gatherings of sports and entertainments, and attends the gatherings of Zikr and Fikr (contemplation) and the gatherings in which the Zikr of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and His Beloved Prophet صَلَّى اللهُ تَعَالٰى عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم is done abundantly.

(Ihya-ul-‘Uloom, vol. 1, pp. 80

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic