IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Man throws shoe at President Bush in Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man throws shoe at President Bush in Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man throws shoe at President Bush in Iraq
    Posted: 14 December 2008 at 11:24am
Iraqi journalist hurls shoes at 'dog' Bush

BAGHDAD (AFP) � An Iraqi journalist hurled his shoes and an insult at George W. Bush, without hitting him, as the US president was shaking hands with the Iraqi premier at his Baghdad office on Sunday.

As the two leaders met in Nuri al-Maliki's private office, a journalist sitting in the third row jumped up, shouting: "It is the farewell kiss, you dog," and threw his shoes one after the other towards Bush.

Maliki made a protective gesture towards the US president, who ducked and was not hit.

The journalist, Muntazer al-Zaidi from Al-Baghdadia channel which broadcasts from Cairo, was frogmarched from the room by security staff, an AFP journalist said.

Soles of shoes are considered the ultimate insult in Arab culture. After Saddam Hussein's statue was toppled in Baghdad in April 2003, many onlookers beat the statue's face with their soles.

Some Iraqi journalists stood up to apologise.

The White House said Bush ducked to avoid the first shoe, while the second narrowly missed the president.

Bush said: "Thanks for apologising on behalf of the Iraqi people. It doesn't bother me. If you want the facts, it was a size 10 shoe that he threw".

Playing down the incident, the president later added: "I don't know what the guy's cause is... I didn't feel the least bit threatened by it."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28223089#28223089

Edited by ak_m_f - 14 December 2008 at 11:25am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 1:58pm
This is great icing on this monkey's farewell cakeLOL

This crab prez needs the same treatment as OJ got! not just couple of # 10s!

Letterman got something for his repertoire! at least!

Wish he was a a bit better pitcher!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 14 December 2008 at 11:48pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 2:42pm

"This is a gift from the Iraqis. This is the farewell kiss, you dog," the journalist shouted (in Arabic), Steven Lee Myers of The New York Times reported in a pool report to the White House press corps.

Myers reported that the man threw the second shoe and added: "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16566.html

Edited by abuayisha - 14 December 2008 at 2:42pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 12:53am
Some hilarious comments from prison planet.
I tell ya he deserves more than that for all the murdering he has done in Iraq. That was awsome! Bush baby didnt know what to do did he?? LOL�.What a scum bag. I am surprised Bush has the nerve to even show his face there in the first place. Maybe he had a shot of liquid courage before hand. How dry i am. Hiccup!!

Hilarious, That man spoke for hundreds of millions of people!
Bush knows how to duck.

Well bush wasn�t drunk there, pretty quick reaction time. Funny stuff tho

he is lucky he didn�t get more thrown at him.He deserved it!
The journalist will be dead within a year, more than likely in an event that murders many of his family too. He showed infinitely more bravery than any of us here.

HAHA!!! That�s what he deserves.

This could be the beginning of a whole new social trend. Ladies and Gentlemen: Start your shoes!!!

I am surprised that Bush actually knows how to duck! Usually he just sits there with that st**id look on his face! LMAO This video made my day!

I would Trowh the first in a bow to get his attention on the shoe in the air and blaze him with the other one in his face..Perfect!!

A shoe huh? I guess they patted them all down for hand grenades before the press conference.

Too bad he didn�t have anything better than a shoe - and yes, he is a very brave man - and Bush is not a dog, he is something from the pits of Hell.

i think reading the comments provides more enjoyment than the actual flick !!! good posts folks !!!!!
Isn�t that a bitch. To bad our journalists don�t have the balls to even ask him a relevant question let alone the courage of this Iraqi who was probably water-boarded into his grave an hour or two later.

Just you watch: from now on they�ll make journalists take off their shoes before being admitted to press conferences!

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Christmas has come early this year!

Why, oh why, couldn�t he have had a gun? Nevertheless, this guy is now going on my hero list. Thank you, Muntadar al-Zeidi.

He ducks both shots. What does that say about us getting justice? : (

I see capitalism coming in! New game at amusement parks! Toss the shoe at the photo of bush for $1. Hit the bullseye and win a fluffy teddy bear�
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:49am
Looks like the next press briefing, the prez will have to wear an armour suit.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 4:46pm
Alhamdulilah!
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 8:33pm

Resistance and Arab media reaction

Roads to Iraq

path.jpg

December 15, 2008             CLICK ON JPG FOR BUSH' CARTOON

The most important thing is that Iraqi Resistance group "Jihad and Reform" reacted on the Iraqi journalist act saying: "This is the referendum [on the Security Agreement] you asked for, you saw it with your own eyes".

While we admire this courageous act and we promise him that his courage will be written with gold in the history pages, we hold the Government of the Green Zone, the occupation administration the full responsibility in maintaining the life of the hero and warn them of torturing him.

We also call upon all Arab and international organizations interested in human rights specialized in defending the freedoms and rights of journalists to work stand beside the hero journalist and demanding his release.

To overcome the surprise and shock of the Americans to see their God being humiliated, news agencies started to accuse Al-Zaidi of being "left" and "on drugs", another says that he is a "communist" very closw to the Sadrists [communist close to the Islamists?] no wonder if we soon hear that he is "Al-Qaeda".

Novosti says that Iraqis wish to be in his place to throw their shoes on Bush.

Fateehon reported that Mowafiq Al-Runai is leading the interrogation with Al-Zaidi but the journalist is a terrible condition and bleeding after the Maliki�s bodyguards smashed his glasses in his face. [The video shows that the person who started to kick Al-Zaidi is "Haidir Majid" the brother of Maliki's media advisor "Yaseen Majid"]

Demonstration in Baghdad - Sadr-City and in Fallujah for the support of Al-Zaidi, earlier reported that 50 Iraqi lawyers want to defend Al-Zaidi but later the Iraqi Lawyers Union and the Arab Lawyers expressed their support for the journalist and asked to transfer his trial outside Iraq to guarantee a honest trial.

Ruba Al-Husari on Syria of Tomorrow:

People go to Hajj to throw stones on the devil to be close to God, throwing shoes on George Bush works the same.

Iraqi writer Ali Al-Sudani says:

This is my idea, I was the first who suggest this six months ago.

Atwan on Al-Quds Al-Arabi: "suitable farewell for a war criminal"

Although it is unprofessional journalism but we understand it from an Iraqi journalist.
The new Iraq�s Bush turned into a mass grave and a killing field. Five million fled from this democracy. Talabani, in his speech called Bush "A great friend of the Iraqi people who liberated the country", with such a friend who needs enemies.

Khalid Sagiyah in Al-Akhbar:

"This is a farewell kiss, you dog", an Iraqi journalist said this � A line will be repeated again and again. A one day it be said to the last American soldier leaves Iraq "This is a farewell kiss, you �..".

Syrian Al-Watan:

A scene reflects the pride and dignity Iraqis, shows what Bush eight years rules means.

Barhooma on Jordanian Al-Ghad:

If stones were the weapon of the Palestinian Intifada, then shoes are the weapon of the oppressed people around the globe. The American already threw their shoes on Bush by electing Obama.

George Hajoj Syria of Tomorrow:

People tried everything with Bush but the man lacks the common sense, the Iraqi journalist thought "lets try to correct him with the shoes".

"Dogs" from Haroun Al-Rashid to Muntadhir al-Zeidi

By the way:

Centuries ago the haroun Al-Rashid, the Caliphate in Baghdad addressed "Nikfor" the representative of the Roman Emperor with " From Haroun Al-Rashid the Muslim caliphate to "Nikfor" the Roman dog� our answer is what you see and not what you hear". History repeats itself with Bush is the "Western dog".

Edited by Sign*Reader - 15 December 2008 at 8:41pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 9:45pm
Thoroughly enjoyed viewing it. Was reading comments at an other site wherein a member commented - "Mr Bush does not deserve a human shoe. He deserves worse! I would not throw my precious shoe at him!"

Hats off to Al-Zaidi, who must have surely made Bush realise that this shot was heavier over all the explosions he made all these years.

Edited by seekshidayath - 15 December 2008 at 9:51pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic