IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was Jesus A  " Jew"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWas Jesus A " Jew"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was Jesus A " Jew"
    Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:11pm
my search leads me to differ.

first) jesus had to be fathered by a man. [ a judean ]

second) he was from galilie. in  semaria- a nazerean.
 the "nazerenes"  had thier own temple in jerusalam( it's called the church of the apostles today) and also one on (mt. carmel) where thay practiced thier own faith .and did not participate in the jewish cult . and considered thier temple and practices false as well as the scriptures they used .

third )he spoke aramaic not hebrew.

also he often spoke of them as " the jews " as if they were seperate from him.

jesus was no jew . he was an isralite. there's a diffrence. he said the jews were also " lost"

take this in love and peace
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 12 December 2008 at 7:25pm
love for all conquers all
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 7:30am
Assalamu alaikum.

Nazarene deciphered:
jesus was no jew . he was an isralite. there's a diffrence. he said the jews were also " lost"
Response: (1) Philologically No!. Jesus was a Jew because the name as testified by the OT and the holy Qur'an applied to the Children of Israel alive after the return of captivity. (11) Jesus was not a Jew as he was from the tribe of Levi. (111) Allah did not call Jesus a Jew but a Muslim bowing to the covenant of his forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, Ishamel and Jacob. (1v) Jesus was the first to preach the holy Qur'an.
Friendship 

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:06am
Actually, according to Rabbinical Law, your religion is determined by your Matrilienal Line. Your tribe is determined by your father's line.

Mary was a Jew by religion...therefore, in giving birth to Jesus, she would have given him that religion. Judaism.

Rabbinical Law also talks has provisions for adoption. In that case, Joseph, Mary's husband was a Jewish Rabbi. Therefore Jesus was a Jew.

By blood, by religion and through adoption by tribe.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 11:07am
PS: If my grandfather was removed from the equation I would have been considered a Jew because of my mother's family line. However, as my grandfather is in the mix. I am a gentile because my grandmother was Welsh.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 1:30pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Angela posted: Therefore Jesus was a Jew. By blood, by religion and through adoption by tribe.

Response: Technically I am wright. I do not consider the apocryphal state of the NT. They initially called themselves the children of Israel and Allah accepted. I think the name 'Jew' was stolen from the Qur'an as Muhammad called them with that name in Madina. I do not think Ezra called them "Jews" since after compiling the Torah he dared called them so in defiance of Exodus 3:13-15. I met a lot of Jews who confirmed to me what you said. The Qur'an in reality told the Children of Israel what was their true position. They are Muslims.
Friendship. 

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 4:01pm
Jew specifically refers to the tribe of Judah. To be a "jew" use must be of that tribe. Thus, Jesus, by my arguments was a Jew.

Also, Judah was the name of the Kingdom in which Jesus lived. He was also a Jew by citizenry.

Jew is not just a religious thing. Jew is a race, a nationality and a tribal identity. You could be a "Jewish" Muslim. Easily. If a man who was of the tribe of Judah converted to Islam, he would lose his religious identity, but not that of his race or tribe.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 5:49pm
.........he would lose his religious identity, but not that of his race or tribe.......

my point exactly!  his family both mother and father left the jewish faith for the pure " NAZERENE" faith.
 thus " not jewish" !
love for all conquers all
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2008 at 7:17pm
But, what Jesus was teaching was a continuation/evolution of what came before....

And there is no 'Nazerene' faith. Gah...what crap is that.

If you are a "Christian" its Old Testament is the foundation of the New Testament...its all the same religion..... Jesus completed the prophecies and Christianity is a continuation of Judaism...

If you are Muslim...its all one continuous religion where people fall away periodically because of twisted interpretations.

Jesus was a JEW. Only an anti-semtic crackpot would want to or need to make him anything else. My Lord was born to a Jewish Mother and was a continuation of the Prophets and Kings who were of the line of David (a Jew). He worshipped in a Jewish Temple. He observed Jewish rights like Passover. His followers were Jews who called him Rabbi.

Christianity is a "jewish" faith...there is no "Nazerene" faith. That's some made up term.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic