IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What are the Muslim hobbies today?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are the Muslim hobbies today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the Muslim hobbies today?
    Posted: 29 August 2009 at 1:31am
Aslaaam Alaikum,

Thanks to Allah for making this all possible.

Nur: I thought you might saying being a wife is a 'hobby' lol.. just teasing..

Well I do martial arts.. but it also doubles as my job so is a 'hobby?' But I've been studying it for 17 years and do it in addition to my job responsibilities.

I dabble in different things.. we could debate hobby or past-time... My goal is to learn a bit of Arabic.. one step at a time..

I go to the gym, often most days when it is not Ramadan. I like to read, watch a few shows..

Try to read a little Quran everyday.. even if it a little.. is that a 'hobby' or part of the day?

I like sports.. playing or watching.  Clearly I like the internet...lol
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 8:25pm
As a wife and a working mom, I have very little time for hobbies. But however busy I am, I will try my best to spend one or two hours a day at the internet.

Taking part actively in internet forums, reading and updating myself on the general news and of course visiting favourite websites of Islamic knowledge.

Another one is spending time at Facebook. I have nearly 100 connected relatives alone. As one of the eldest, I would always try to give supporting comments and motherly advice to the young ones if their comments happen to be kind of problematic.

This aspect of Facebook, uniting families and friends all over, is very positive.

Salam.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Tariq abu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tariq abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 2:33pm
my hobbies include learning

im very active with information

very active indeed

JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2008 at 2:10pm
Mashallah I have signed up akht..Inshallah this will help us both. AS for me i can only read with the vowels and understand simple conversation words.  I am a real beginner.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 10:40pm
www.ArabicInEnglish.com

Thats the link. . .  top right corner, u will see 'Register Today', click on it and sign up.

:)
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
JihadX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JihadX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 12:49pm
Alhamdulilah!  inshallah do send the link please sister.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:58am
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

Mashallah brother. To me, learning Arabic is one of my major goals! I won't feel good about myself until i become fluent. I'll feel like a failure.

Dont fret bro!!! Alhamdulilah You have the drive, keep this up and you will do wonders (inshallah).

I see you have decided on Uni of Madinah . . . well, may Allah bless your venture, and it gives u benefit both in this duniyah (world) and akhirah (hereafter)

Btw, I applied for this online Arabic course. . . it starts in January. I am trying it for the first time, so I do not know how it will turn out, but I shall post the link later for you, or for anyone else interested. Learning Arabic is this huge wish of mine, on my 'to do before I die' list . . . .

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Imani Imani wrote:

Salam alaikum.

It looks like we have all forgotten something. In one way or the other we spend part of our time on the internet, right? well that makes our hobby too.

First of all,�I thank Almighty Allah�for making this very life possible for me, Alhamdulilla.� My greatest hobby lately is reading and learning the Holy Quran after every Fajr prayers and Magrib prayers.

I�have little extra times, so when i get the opportunity I read Islamic magazines and Darussalam publications.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic