IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims and drugs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims and drugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

In my opinion. Blame religion, not society in the first instance.
Salams Gulliver.Only the ones who have little or no faith would believe such a thing ,I know that you have your hang ups about religions but,If you would realize that this is a man made society in which we live, and its God-less,the reason why people need religion(way of life) and the right religion. Yes their are people who may not follow there religion the right way,hence its not religions fault it's man.We are the society. May Allah strengthen our iman.

Edited by Akhe Abdullah - 08 April 2009 at 8:23am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:49am
Salam Akhe,

Religion is not blameless, and only someone with little or no faith would believe otherwise. There may be a 'pure' religion. But I wonder how many human beings are capable of living it in a 'pure' way. Very few, if any, I'd imagine. My 'hangups' ;-) are not really with 'religion' - but how it is practiced by certain people who imagine themselves holier than thou, as if they have some God given 'right' to impose their beliefs and way of life on others, only ones possessing truth. "There is no compulsion in religion".  A nice senitment - but not the reality for many people in this world. I think 'religion' should  be passed on by example. If example does not inspire another to wishing to learn more - then the one giving the example is not living the 'pure' religion.

I don't mean 'religion' itself is a bad thing. But forcing religious beliefs on others can be. And it is done all the time, in all religions and societies. It is spiritual abuse.

I don't beleive it is true or accurate either, to suggest that only people who have 'faith' or 'believe in God' can live 'good' lives Ahke.

I should have said, 'blame the bad practice of religion' :-)

I am really thinking about how badly religion was practiced, taught here in the 'west' for a long time. To the degree people are left spiritually impoverished, abandon 'religion' - and 'God' - equating the bad practice of religion with God, and may indeed turn to other things to fill the void. That's what's wrong with the young people, has been in Chritianity, and is happening too in Islam, whether you can see it or not, admit it or not Ahke. I am not looking to criticise here - but to try and tell you something very important. Don't blame God cause the 'adults' fail to give the children a real and lasting sense of the spiritual in life. Cause that is a big part of the problem.

May Allah indeed strengthen our faith.

God bless :)

You're a good man. I can see that now ;-)
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:12am
In Spain, we have a hard problem with the drugs coming from Morocco (and also Latin America, please, if any Moroccan there, don't take it as personnel).

I am living in Madrid, in a neighbourhood full of Moroccan (we have even a Mosque), and there are some streets where I cannot go due to those Moroccan guys, because they are always drinking beer and smoking marijuana in the middle of the street, and every time a non-Muslim girl is coming, they say dirty things and look in bad way, so I avoid crossing that streets.

Also, you will never see them with Spanish people, just all them together, so we cannot say that this is due to our Occidental society. And the worst thing of all is that you will see all of them going to the Mosque every Friday, and after leaving, they come back to the beers and drugs.

Really, I think they are lost in a country which they don't understand. They have an education at home, but what they see outside or on the TV is absolutely different, so they are lost in the middle.

Obviously, not all of them, sure!! I found very good Muslims who are away of all that, and the understand me when I complain!!
Tariq abu View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tariq abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 2:30pm
remember drugs are not jus inoxicating

muslims use drugs for even medications nowadays

micheal jackson died from drugs so we can see prescription drugs are a problem as well as illegal drugs
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:32pm
Salams Tariq Abu,It's been a while.Ramadan Mubarak.We have to be very carefull.of overdoses and addictions.The good of the medications have to out weigh the bad just as in alcohol a little is said to be good for the heart but how many times does this get out of hand and a person becomes drunk?
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 2:58pm
The problem of drugs is not their use but the abuse of them. Unless your body is allergic, the only way to seriously be affected by drugs if the overuse of drugs hence, the word "chronic" (no pun intended).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic