IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Speaking out about Bombay attacks  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSpeaking out about Bombay attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 4:15am
I would say only one thing seeks..... Afghanistan and Iraq are war zones.  Casualties are expected.  People in a hospital do not expect for someone to come in blasting away or a hotel.

I don't care WHO did this.  Its wrong and the perpetrators will be punished no matter what justification they used.  They killed innocents who they had no idea if they were pro-war, anti-muslim or had anything to be guilty of.

Many here know I am very ANTI-war.... Yet, if I had been visiting friends in India or on Vacation...  These men would have grabbed me because of my American passport.  They wouldn't have cared that I voted against Bush or his policies.  That I regularly exercise my rights to criticism my countries actions or that I have Muslim friends. 

I saw several pictures of these men.  They all look like babies to me.  The one doesn't look more than 15-16 years old.  These are young disaffected boys who were probably convinced by some nutcase that this is what Islam demands of them.  (FALSELY)

The problem with most people is there are not enough counter actions seen for these young men.

Every time this happens, instead of just condemning it and getting on with it and trying to educate Muslim men and women against these things, sane and responsible Muslims complain that other tragedies are not being covered enough.

I would rather see a complete, utter and total condemnation of all violence against civilians without any ifs, ands, buts or becauses.....

Children died, women died, a toddler is now an orphan...there is no excuse.  Not even that tragedy is happening elsewhere.

5:32: For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.

2:190: And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits.

There is no excuse to kill civilians in Islam.  Not even a war in another nation.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 4:53am
Originally posted by cadnu cadnu wrote:

Dear seekshidayath,

It is really unfortunate that such things happen.

India has been blaming Pakistan for what happened, but it does not support it by any proofs.

But initial reports say that they belong to a previously unknown group known as "Deccan Mujahideen" which wants a separate state for Hyderabad.  I heard of separatism in Telangana, but not about Hyderabad.  Any information about it?

Hey Cadnu, how are you. I had been waiting for you. I needed, atleast one Indian to discuss all its internal politics and other happenings

And what are you saying of this "Deccan Mujahideen". Its only from you that am hearing so. Is it from "Cadnu channel" Smile. I heard that they cud trace its IP address from outside India. Telangana, is anyways done. Very soon, it shall be declared a separate state. Don't you know that all those political parties did consent  for it. Infact they are all fighting to take its credit. I shall give its credit to KCR, anyways. Its not that serious issue that anyone needs to blast there at Mumbai, for telangana in Andhra Pradesh.

All i say is, if its Pak as India suspects, why cud it not present proofs to them. They say that these boys conversed in urdu and punjabi, and phones were traced there at Karachi, etc, then why did India, not present atleast these to them.

Anyways, these terrorists were successful in creating the differences between indo-pak. We already viewed the chairs of the ministers get staggered.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:15am
Hi Angela

Thankx for expressing yourselves.

NOT JUST ME, BUT ALL THE MUSLIMS, BE IT, INDIAN OR A PAKISTANI, DO CONDEMN THIS ACT. WE DON'T JUSTIFY IT BY ANY MEANS.

u said :
Many here know I am very ANTI-war.... Yet, if I had been visiting friends in India or on Vacation...  These men would have grabbed me because of my American passport.  They wouldn't have cared that I voted against Bush or his policies.  That I regularly exercise my rights to criticism my countries actions or that I have Muslim friends.

Likewise, even we muslims have been suffering. Irrespective of you support Bush or not, etc, you were viewed as an American and were a victim. Similarly, we muslims, inspite of holding no such views of terrorism, were termed as "terrorist". We went thru that pain and are still undergoing. Go thru, yahoo discussions, you shall find that muslims are been crticised for these blasts. People are blaming "Islam' for that.

During last six months, we muslims in India, organised many public meetings , conferences, tried to convince media as well that we have nothing to do with terrorism. Islam teaches peace etc. To some extent we were able to built up our image. But all got faded. Anyways

U said :

I saw several pictures of these men.  They all look like babies to me.  The one doesn't look more than 15-16 years old.  These are young disaffected boys who were probably convinced by some nutcase that this is what Islam demands of them.  (FALSELY)

These boys were told were between , 18-25. Here are few things to be noticed. As you said that these boys were probable convinced taht Islam demands of them -- so i had to take this sentence of yours. If you consider them as muslims and as you said, they must be 15-16 years old, then those who taught them of this, must surely be knowing that boys of such ages are n't permitted for the holy war, they were to wage. Secondly, when these boys if were between, 18-25. atleast one boy whom you consider to be a muslim, would have a beard. Not a single one doyou find them wearing a beard, which a label of every muslim. Esp, when these boys, were if in the way of Islam, practicing Islam, they would have a beard.

I just want to speak out India, with solid proofs. Just because, the media, says, i shall not take it. You shall see me to be first, to criticise, these boys, if proved that they were muslims. Islam never commands to kill cihildren and woman , even when there;s necessity of war.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:41am
Beards do not make terrorists.  Mohammed Atta wasn't wearing a beard when he climbed on his plane.  Carrying out an attack means getting to the target.  If you have a long beard, kufi and fatigues, likely the police are going to stop you long before you get to the target.

There have been increasingly warnings about training Western looking men to carry out attacks.  Mentally ill converts from the West.  I doubt if any of these warnings turn out to be facts that these men will attack in media approved terrorist garb.

India has been at a crossroad since the Mugals were removed from power by the British.  The loss of power and status is harmful to any community and does not always have much to do with religion.

I personally see the problems in India being more about colonialism than religion.  Hindus and Muslims lived side by side for several centuries.  Its the partitioning of Pakistan, the loss of Bangledesh, the limbo of Kashmir and the oppression of minorities in India.

Religion is often an excuse for more mundane battles.  Do you really think the Christian Crusaders were motivated by religion when there was so much gold to be had in the Holy Land?

I think you will find these babies were born muslim or maybe even converts from poorer castes of Hindus.  They will have been jobless, marginalized and radicalized.

India has more problems than I care to count and Hinduism has had an affect on more than just Hindus.  My sister is currently battling with her secretary because she labeled my sister a lower caste and does not feel she should have to obey orders.  A society that breeds this kind of mentality will never have equality and justice.  The whole of Gujarati Muslims would be better to move North than to ever expect justice and equality. 

Islam does not demand these actions.  However, these boys are being taught something else and they are being told its Islam.  Thus, they go into these situations thinking they are doing it in the name of God, etc, and so forth.

Much like an abortion clinic bomber thinks he's doing Christ's will. 

However, the first words posted here contained that word I hate so much went talking to people about these things. 

BUT.... 

The whole world has been rightly prompt to condemn these heinous killings in India. But let us think about the response of the world powers when hundreds of people are dying every week in Iraq and Afghanistan. It seems that the blood of Muslims is the cheapest on earth.

Injustice breeds injustice. We need to address the root cause of injustice, and only then will we achieve a lasting peace.

Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Beards do not make terrorists.  Mohammed Atta wasn't wearing a beard when he climbed on his plane.  Carrying out an attack means getting to the target.  If you have a long beard, kufi and fatigues, likely the police are going to stop you long before you get to the target.

I don't consider Mohammed Atta, to be in that plane. We all  know very well, the conspiracy behind it. To some extent i would agree that beards do not make terrorists, but when these people fight a holy war, why would they abandon this sunnah, which is obligatory. Anyways, its a different discussion. But i would not blindly believe that they were muslims.

India has been at a crossroad since the Mugals were removed from power by the British.  The loss of power and status is harmful to any community and does not always have much to do with religion.

I personally see the problems in India being more about colonialism than religion.  Hindus and Muslims lived side by side for several centuries.  Its the partitioning of Pakistan, the loss of Bangledesh, the limbo of Kashmir and the oppression of minorities in India.

That was India, of yesterday. Modern India, in now different

I think you will find these babies were born muslim or maybe even converts from poorer castes of Hindus.  They will have been jobless, marginalized and radicalized.

Let's see. I shall not make  speculations anymore.

Islam does not demand these actions.  However, these boys are being taught something else and they are being told its Islam.  Thus, they go into these situations thinking they are doing it in the name of God, etc, and so forth.

Much like an abortion clinic bomber thinks he's doing Christ's will. 

However, the first words posted here contained that word I hate so much went talking to people about these things. 

BUT.... 

The whole world has been rightly prompt to condemn these heinous killings in India. But let us think about the response of the world powers when hundreds of people are dying every week in Iraq and Afghanistan. It seems that the blood of Muslims is the cheapest on earth.

Injustice breeds injustice. We need to address the root cause of injustice, and only then will we achieve a lasting peace.

Am i wrong Angela, when i say, that injustice breeds to injustice. Its the reaction you see commonly.

Edited by seekshidayath - 01 December 2008 at 6:07am
cadnu View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 6:48am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

And what are you saying of this "Deccan Mujahideen". Its only from you that am hearing so. Is it from "Cadnu channel" Smile. I heard that they cud trace its IP address from outside India.

Hey, i thought you would know it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deccan_Mujahideen

"A group calling itself the Deccan Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the attacks but little is known of it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7752173.stm

And of course BBC isn't mine. :)

Telangana, is anyways done. Very soon, it shall be declared a separate state. Don't you know that all those political parties did consent  for it. Infact they are all fighting to take its credit. I shall give its credit to KCR, anyways. Its not that serious issue that anyone needs to blast there at Mumbai, for telangana in Andhra Pradesh

I know about Chandra Babu Naidu.  So soon India will have 29 states.

All i say is, if its Pak as India suspects, why cud it not present proofs to them. They say that these boys conversed in urdu and punjabi, and phones were traced there at Karachi, etc, then why did India, not present atleast these to them.

That is the problem with India.  You know, we always blame Pakistan.  Our only luck is that we do not blame Pakistan even for cyclones. :))

Originally posted by =seekshidayath =seekshidayath wrote:

Anyways, these terrorists were successful in creating the differences between indo-pak. We already viewed the chairs of the ministers get staggered.

Indo-pak relations have always been strained.

I would say that we have won against the terrorists even though we lost so many lives.

I would also say that your topic will be misleading when you talk about Iraq or Afghanistan.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 8:00am
Dear seekshidayath, (Bhai yeh banda to baqaida theek thaak post kar sakta hay. Some of his strings had created a bad odour around, specially, with me)

It is really unfortunate that such things happen.

India has been blaming Pakistan for what happened, but it does not support it by any proofs.

But initial reports say that they belong to a previously unknown group known as "Deccan Mujahideen" which wants a separate state for Hyderabad.  I heard of separatism in Telangana, but not about Hyderabad.  Any information about it?

Edited by Whisper - 01 December 2008 at 8:02am
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2008 at 3:25pm
Seekshidayath:
Please ignore the irony, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have referred to this writer...I found this article at morning perusal of LA Times!
The article has created a fire storm of criticism on its publication from the Hindu  readership online.... I am still formulating my thoughts on this!

Now the addition of Zionists to the mix just wait how bad the things get!..

See if the facts and figures are correct in the article...

Muslims -- India's new 'untouchables'

The condition of the country's Muslims has deteriorated, and the world has overlooked the nation's problems.
By Asra Q. Nomani
December 1, 2008

The news of the attacks in Mumbai eerily took me back to a quiet morning two years ago when I sat in Room 721 of the Taj Mahal Palace & Tower hotel, reading the morning newspaper, fearing just the kind of violence that has now exploded in the city of my birth. The headlines recounted how the socioeconomic condition of the people of my ancestry, Muslims in India, had fallen below that of the Hindu caste traditionally called "untouchables," according to a government report.

"Muslims are India's new untouchables," I said sadly to my mother, in the room with me. "India is going to explode if it doesn't take care of them." Now, indeed, alas it has. And shattered in the process is the myth of India's thriving secular democracy.

Mumbai police said over the weekend that the only gunman they'd captured during the attacks -- which left nearly 200 dead and more than 300 wounded -- claimed to belong to a Pakistani militant group. But even if the trouble was imported, the violence will most certainly turn a spotlight of suspicion on Muslims in India. Already, my relatives are hunkered down for a sectarian backlash they expect from anti-terrorism agencies, police and angry Hindu fundamentalists.

India, long championed as a model of pluralism, used to be an example of how Muslims can coexist and thrive even as a minority population. My extended family prospered as part of an educated, middle class. My parents, who settled in the United States in the 1960s when my father pursued a doctorate at Rutgers University, were part of India's successful diaspora. I love India, and on that trip, I wanted to show it off to my son, Shibli, then age 4.

But on that visit, across India from Mumbai to the southern state of Tamil Nadu and north to Lucknow, the hub of Muslim culture, I was deeply saddened. Talking to vegetable vendors, artisans and businessmen, I heard about how the condition of Muslims had deteriorated. They had become largely disenfranchised, poor, jobless and uneducated. Their tales echoed those I'd heard on previous trips, when my extended family recounted their humiliating experiences with bureaucratic, housing, job and educational discrimination.

Indeed, the government report I read about in the newspapers two years ago acknowledged that Muslims in India had become "backward." "Fearing for their security," the report said, "Muslims are increasingly resorting to living in ghettos around the country." Branding of Muslims as anti-national, terrorists and agents of Pakistan "has a depressing effect on their psyche," the report said, noting Muslims live in "a sense of despair and suspicion."

According to the report, produced by a committee led by a former Indian chief justice, Rajender Sachar, Muslims were now worse off than the Dalit caste, or those called untouchables. Some 52% of Muslim men were unemployed, compared with 47% of Dalit men. Among Muslim women, 91% were unemployed, compared with 77% of Dalit women. Almost half of Muslims over the age of 46 couldn't read or write. While making up 11% of the population, Muslims accounted for 40% of India's prison population. Meanwhile, they held less than 5% of government jobs.

The Sachar committee report recommended creating a commission to remedy the systemic discrimination and promote affirmative-action programs. So far, very few of the recommendations have been put in place.

Since reading the report, I have feared that Islamic militancy would be born out of such despair. Even if last week's terrorist plot was hatched outside India, a cycle of sectarian violence could break out in the country and push some disenfranchised Muslim youth to join militant groups using hot-button issues like Israel and Kashmir as inspiration.

What has irked me these last years is how the world has glossed over India's problems. In 2006, for instance, former U.S. Defense Secretary William Cohen, whose Cohen Group invests heavily in India, said the U.S. and India were "perfect partners" because of their "multiethnic and secular democracies." When I asked to interview Cohen about the socioeconomic condition of Muslims, his public relations staffer said that conversation was too "in the weeds." But, to me, the condition of Muslims needs frank and open discussion if there is to be any hope of stemming Islamic radicalism and realizing true secular democracy in the country.

India's 150 million Muslims represent the second-largest Muslim population in the world, smaller only than Indonesia's 190 million Muslims. That is just bigger than Pakistan's 140 million Muslims or the entire population of Arab Muslims, which numbers about 140 million. U.S. intelligence reports continually warn that economic, social and political discontent are catalysts for radicalism, so we would be naive to continue to ignore this potential threat to the national security of not just India but the United States.

Throughout my 2006 journey, I found the idea of India's potential for danger unavoidable. On one leg, my son tucked safely in bed with my mother in our Taj hotel room, I went out to watch the filming of "A Mighty Heart," the movie about the murder of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl by Muslim militants in Pakistan. When the location scouts needed to replicate the treacherous streets of Karachi's militant Islamist culture, they didn't have to go far. They found the perfect spot in a poor Muslim neighborhood of Mumbai.

Edited by Sign*Reader - 01 December 2008 at 10:40pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic