IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeking marraige Counselor in NY  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking marraige Counselor in NY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking marraige Counselor in NY
    Posted: 24 November 2008 at 11:00am
Asalam-u-Alaikum,

Does anyone know of any Muslim marriage counselors in the New York City area? My wife and I are Pakistani and have been married for just over 7 years and for some time now have hit the bumpy road in our marriage. We would like to consult with someone who is well qualified, has a good deal of experience and is also aware of the religious/cultural aspects of our background and can help us.

If there is anyone out there, please let me now as soon as possilbe.

Thank you.
jhaskell48 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhaskell48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 8:35am
Wa alaikum assalam
It is wonderful that you are both willing to try to resolve your issues.  You are also smart for trying to find someone familiar with your culture.  Try first with your Imam, if you haven't asked for a reference already.  Also try, http://www.islamicfinder.org/ - it may give you some leads.  It doesn't hurt to just come out and ask when you are calling - people in that area are pretty direct (I'm originally from NJ).  Alhumdillulah  that both of you appear to be willing to try and are both Muslim - I hope Allah blesses you and your efforts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic