IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sufi Remote Healing ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sufi Remote Healing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sufi Remote Healing ?
    Posted: 21 November 2008 at 6:46am
Assalamualaikum

I wish to get some links to genuine sufi remote healers. I wish to know more of their activities and exchange matters of interests. Your help is greatly appreciated.

salam
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by astroman astroman wrote:

Assalamualaikum

I wish to get some links to genuine sufi remote healers. I wish to know more of their activities and exchange matters of interests. Your help is greatly appreciated.

salam

As soon as a group of muslims identify themselves with a special name (such as the one you have mentioned) to separate themselves from majority of Muslims, or at least from the way of the prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam, sahaba, and salaf, this group becomes very likely astray from the aqeedah and practice of the people of the sunnah and jama'ah.

Moreover Sufis employ numerology and make the patient to wear charms and amulets which are unislamic acts.

Whereas even wearing Qur'aanic verses for healing contradicts the Prophetic way of curing sickness through the means of Qur'aan.

Imaam Muslim (rahimahullah) records the following Hadeeth under the chapter, 'Curing of the Patient with the recitation of Mu'awwidhatan.'

Aaishah (radhi allahu anha) reported that when the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) fell ill, he recited over his body Mu'awwidhatan (Soorah al-Falaq and Soorah an-Nas) and blew over him and when his sickness was intensified, I used to recite over him, and rub him with his hand with the hope that it was more blessed. [Saheeh Muslim vol: 3, no: 5440]

So, the correct way is to recite Qur'aanic verses and supplications mentioned in the Sunnah and blow by mouth on the sick. This practice is known as 'Ruqya', and is proved from a number of authentic narrations.

"Some Companions of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) went on a journey until they reached some of the Arab tribes (at night). The chief of that tribe was bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion) and nothing could cure him. One of the Sahabah recited Soorah Al-Faatihah and breathed hard over the chief, who recovered as if he was released from a chain, stood up and started walking, showing no signs of sickness.

When Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) was informed about the incident, he approved of it and asked: "How did you know that Soorah Al-Faatihah can be recited as a Ruqyah?" [Saheeh al-Bukharee (vol: 3, no: 476)]

This is the meaning of the verse, where Allah says:

"We send down the Qur'aan that which is healing and a mercy for the believer, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss." [Soorah al-Isra (17): 82]

Edited by abosait - 21 November 2008 at 6:27pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:00pm

What is remote healing?

Remote healing is a method of healing from a distance with no physical intervention required.

A quack is someone who pretends to be something which he is not, or one who is not able to do what he claims to do, especially if he takes money for this pretense. *

*Step 2. Pay remote healing fee $270 for 3 day remote healing (or only $420 for 6 day remote healing and two bonus Yin-Yang Healing Tea) . We accept check, money order, Visa and MasterCard. Corporate or non-US-based credit cards will be charged 1.37% additional processing fee paid to Visa or MasterCard companies. There is a $25 processing fee for each bounced check.

astroman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:15pm
Assalamualaikum

Dear brother Abosait

I quote your statement - " Moreover Sufis employ numerology and make the patient to wear charms and amulets which are unislamic acts."

I believe, sheikh, you must have an in-depth study on the sufis and I respect you for that. I wish if you can give reference to  sites of sufi groups that I can read more of their activities as part of my studies on their beliefs and practices which contains and confirms your above statements. It is interesting to know more, may be  I felt great differences of sufi as practices in India compared to Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, UAE and Turkey etc - otherwise sufi beliefs and knowledge is much greater (much Godly centered). Sheikh, I beg your pardon if I am incorrect.

Salam
Astroman

P/s - I have read
"The Book of Sufi Healing"  by Hakim G. M. Chishti and I found it very interesting. I Recommend you to read this book and your comments. Salam

Edited by astroman - 21 November 2008 at 11:26pm
astroman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 11:21pm
Asslamualaikum

Dear Abuayisha

Thanks for your explanation
but I wish to know more of sufi remote healing and sites reference if you have.

salam
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 3:14pm

Assalamualaikum

salam

I have never heard the term sufi remote healers at all. But maybe you can clarify as to what illness is this all about. Is it physicall illness, a psychological illness, or is it spiritual?

Hopefully someone can point it to you to the right address once it is clarified.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 6:35pm

Assalamualaikum

Dear brother Abosait

I quote your statement - " Moreover Sufis employ numerology and make the patient to wear charms and amulets which are unislamic acts."

Wa alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

That was what I said commenting on Sufi healing.

Sufism offers its followers a life carefree from fighting (Jihad), politics, the initiative to seek knowledge and teach it, the work of Da'wah, and allows a person to indulge in worldly activities such as music, magic, and other prohibited acts.

The leader of the Naqshibandi Tareeqa in America, was quoted in the media as saying the following:

"You have to be both material and spiritual. Sufis can give people joy in their spiritual life. Well, Madonna is giving people a kind of joy in their material life... You cannot say she is wrong. Sufis don't object and criticise - they are accepting everything. That's why, when my children are looking at Madonna on MTV, I say, 'Let me come and look also!'"

Edited by abosait - 22 November 2008 at 6:37pm
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 6:41pm

.....................It is interesting to know more, may be  I felt great differences of sufi as practices in India compared to Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, UAE and Turkey etc -.......................

By examining the mystic doctrines of Christianity, Hinduism, Taoism and other religions, it becomes clear how closer Sufism is to these religions than to Islam.

In fact, Sufism is never characterised under "Islam" in any system of catalogue, but rather under 'Mysticism'.

Sharda in his book �Sufi Thought� highlights these unsurprising similarities by stating that:

"After the fall of Muslim orthodoxy from power at the centre of India for about a century, due to the invasion of Timur, the Sufi became free from the control of the Muslim orthodoxy and consorted with Hindu saints, who influenced them to an amazing extent. The Sufi adopted Monism and wifely devotion from the Vaishnava Vedantic school and Bhakti and Yogic practices from the Vaishnava Vedantic school. By that time, the popularity of the Vedantic pantheism among the Sufis had reached its zenith."

The Sufi doctrine of all religions being acceptable before Allah is derived from the Mystical beliefs of other religions, and not Islam, for Allah says: "Truly, the religion in the Sight of Allah is Islam..." [2: 19]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic