IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Adam AS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam AS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adam AS
    Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:56am

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "The best of days on which the sun has risen is Friday. On  this day Adam was created, and on this day he was descended to earth." (al Bukhari}

THE CREATION OF ADAM 

The most widely held belief about the origin of Adam has been that Allah created him from non-existence by His Will using the earth materials.  This did not involve the biological processes of evolution or reproduction.  Allah created Man and Woman from clay in the form and shape, the way they are today.  Any belief or controversy to the contrary is only a speculation.

Different peoples in the world have stories concerning the origin of Man, which point towards the spontaneous arrival of the patriarch with his family.

The Hindu believe that man's original parents were Mahadev and Parwati and that they looked like human beings, but were the image of Parinishwar (God Himself).  The Jews and the Christians also believe that God created Adam in His own image.

Most people believe that God has no physical form, then how could He create Man in His own image!  This riddle was solved by the last Prophet of Islam when he said "Allah had created Adam with His quality, not His form.  "

Allah can be recognised by His qualities alone.  So the saying of the Prophet makes it clear that the image of Allah refers to His qualities. The Prophet further said "Adopt the qualities of Allah." 

This becomes clear from the Qur'an where Allah says that He created Adam on this earth as His representative.  A representative follows orders.  Only one who can execute the orders properly can be a true representative or vicegerent, otherwise there would be efforts.

Thus, according to the Prophet, assuming the responsibilities of a worthy representative requires the acquisition of the conduct of the master.  This, then is what is meant by "God created Man in His image�

Some people believe that the reason why mankind does not dwell in Paradise is that Adam was disobedient and that if it had not been for this sin, we could have been there all along. These are naive fictions because when Allah wanted to create Adam,

He said to the angels, "I shall make a vicegerent on the earth." He did not say, "I shall make a vicegerent in Paradise."

ADAM, THE CALIPH OF ALLAH 

When Allah desired to create Adam He addressed the angels and said that He was going to create Man and appoint him as His representative on earth.  As soon as the creation was accomplished and He had bestowed Adam with His spirit, He told  them to bow down in obedience to Adam. 

The angels who considered themselves to be superior to Adam on account of their closeness to the Creator Himself, were surprised at this instruction to bow down in obedience to a creature that was  moulded  from earth materials.  They said to Allah, "You are appointing a being as your vicegerent who would bring unrest and blood shed on earth, whereas we, who have been immersed in your worship were more deserving to receive this honor. 

Allah said to them that what was known to Him could not be in their knowledge, and that Adam was specifically suited for the position He had designed for the earth.  He offered them a chance to compete in an open contest of knowledge and wisdom  with Adam.  The angels failed in the contest and Adam emerged superior to them in knowledge and wisdom.  All of them except Iblis (Satan) obeyed Allah's commandment and bowed down in obedience to Adam

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:59am

EBLIS & ADAM 

It is said that before the creation of Adam, the earth was inhabited by Jinn, a creation from the elements of fire.  They were mutually disruptive and indulged in senseless bloodshed.  The angels had referered to their mischief.  Iblis was also a Jinn.  He was knowledgeable about matters of the earth.  By virtue of his devotion and service to Allah, he had secured a high position in the Celestial existence.  Iblis had started living with the angels.  When Allah ordered all of them to prostrate before Adam, he refused.  When asked why he had refused the divine ordinance, he said that he was superior to Adam on several counts. 

Firstly, his creation came from finer elements.  Secondly, he had been in proximity to the Creator in direct servitude.  He had vast work experience on the earth where the novice Adam was being sent as a representative.  He contended that this was his coveted position and should have been given to him instead to an undeserving novice. 

Allah rebuked and down graded Iblis for his disobedience and told him to immediately remove himself from His divine presence and his eternal abode will be reserved in hell inferno.  Iblis said that Man was a poor choice for such an important  position.  He said that he would take every opprtunity to haul all mankind with him to hell.  He would like to be granted eternal opportunity to test and tempt this representative and prove that Man may not be such a worthy khalifa. 

Allah said that only He commands eternity, but He will give him his desired opportunity to the Time known only to Himself.  He said that His obedient servents will remain steadfast in all his' tough tests and temptations throughout Time, and prove that . He created a wise and knowledgeable khalifa on earth. 

Allah warned Adam about the evil designs of Iblis against him and his progeny throughout Time. But He also assured that those that remain firm in their faith on Truth shall be victorious and will return to Him on the Day of Judgement for a Life of Contentment in close proximity to the Creator.

Adam�s descent on earth

Adam's descent on earth, then, was not due to degradation but rather it was dignified descent. Allah knew that Adam and Eve would eat of the tree and descend to earth. He knew that Satan would rape their innocence. That experience was essential for  their  life on earth; it was a cornerstone of their vicegerency. It was meant to teach Adam, Eve, and their progeny that it was satan who had caused them to be expelled from Paradise and that the road to Paradise can only be reached by obedience to Allah and enmity to Satan. 

Could it be said that Adam and the rest of mankind were predestined to sin and to be expelled from Paradise and sent to the earth? In fact, this fiction is as naive as the first one.

Adam had complete free will, and he bore the consequences of his deed. He disobeyed by eating of the forbidden tree, so Allah dismissed him from Paradise. His disobedience does not negate his freedom. On the contrary it is a consequence of it.

The truth of the matter is that Allah knew what was going to happen, as He always know the outcome of events before they take place. However Allah does not force things to happen. He grants free will to His human creatures. On that He bases His supreme wisdom in populating the earth, establishing the vicegerents, and so on.

Adam understood his 3rd lesson. He knew now in a practical way that Iblis was his enemy, the cause of his losing the blessing of living in Paradise, and the cause of his distress. Adam also understood that Allah punishes disobedience and that the way of  Paradise has to be through submission to the will of Allah. And he learned from Allah Almighty to ask for forgiveness. Allah accepted Adam's repentance and forgave him. He then sent him to the earth as His first messenger.

Allah accepted Adam's repentance and forgave him. He then sent him to the earth as His first messenger.

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger (PBUH) said: "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam: 'Your sin expelled you from Paradise.' Adam said: ' You are Moses whom Allah selected as His messenger and as the one to whom He spoke directly. Yet you blame me for a thing which had already been written in my fate before my Creation?" Allah's Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said twice, "So Adam outclassed Moses." (Sahih Bukhari).

Umar Ibn Al Khattab also narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "Moses (PBUH) said: 'My Lord! May I see Adam who removed us and himself from the Paradise?" so Allah made him see Adam and he said to him: "Are you Adam?" Adam said: "yes." And he said "Were you the one in Whom Allah breathed His spirit and before whom He bowed His angels and to whom He taught the names of all things?" Adam answered: "yes." so Moses said: "What made you remove us and yourself from Paradise.?"

Adam said: "Who are you?" Moses said: I am Moses." Adam said: "So you are Moses the prophet of the Children of Israel. Were you the one Allah spoke to directly?" Moses answered "yes." Adam said: "Why do you blame me for a matter which Allah had predestined?" So Allah�s Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said twice. "Adam outclassed Moses." (Sahih al Bukhari).

There are many traditions concerning the place of Adam's descent upon earth. Ibn Abi Hatim narrated that Ibn Abbas said: "Adam descended on land 'Dihna' between Mecca and taif."

AL Hassan said that Adam descended in India and Eve in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Iblis Bodistiman (Iraq), and the serpent in Ashahan (Iran). This last was also reported by Ibn Hatim.

Ibn Umar said that Adam descended on As-Safa and Eve on Al Marwa ( names of two mountains in the vicinity of the sacred house in Mecca. Part of the rites of pilgrimage (hajj) includes pacing between these two hills in commemoration of H's search for water). This was also reported by Ibn Hatim. Abdul Razzaq reported that Abi Musa Al-shari said that when Allah ordered Adam to descend from Paradise to earth, He taught him the making of everything and provided him with the crops from Paradise.

Edited by seekshidayath - 14 November 2008 at 1:01am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 1:03am

The Life and Progeny of Adam

The pinnacle of earthly bliss was reached when Adam and Eve witnessed the birth of their 1st children, a set of twins. Adam was a devoted father and Eve a contented mother. The twins were Cain (Qabil) and his sister. Later Eve gave birth to a second set of twins, Abel (Habil) and his sister. The family enjoyed the bounties and fruits of the earth provided by their Lord. The children grew up to be strong and healthy young adults. Cain tilled the land while Abel raised cattle.

The time arrived when the two young men desired life partners. This was part of Allah�s plan for mankind, to multiply and form nations with different cultures and colors. Allah revealed to Adam that he should marry each son to the twin sister of the other. Adam instructed his children according to Allah's command, but  Qabil was displeased with the partner chosen for him, for Abel's twin sister was not as beautiful as his own.

It appears that since the beginning of time, physical beauty has been a factor in the attraction between man and women. This attraction caused Qabil to envy his brother Abel. He rebelled against Allah's command by refusing to accept his father's advice.

At first glance Qabil's rebellion might appear strange, but we should remember that although man has a pure nature, the potential for dichotomy exists. In other words, he had both good and bad qualities. He can become greedy, covetous,possessive, selfish and even destructive. Man is, therefore capable of seeking self-satisfaction even if it leads to failure in this life and in the hereafter. The path to goodness lies in harnessing the enemy within him, his baser self by controlling evil thoughts and deeds and practicing moderation in his desires and actions. His reward then will be the delights of this world and the hereafter. Thus Allah tests us through our divided nature.

Adam was in a dilemma. He wanted peace and harmony in his family, so he invoked Allah for help. Allah commanded that each son offer a sacrifice, and he whose offering was accepted would have right on his side. Habil offered his best camel while Qabil offered his worst grain. His sacrifice was not accepted by Allah because of his disobedience to his father and the insincerity in his offering.

This enraged  Qabil even further. Realizing that his hopes marrying his own beautiful sister were fading, he threatened his brother. "I will kill you! I refuse to see you happy while I remain unhappy!"

Habil feeling sorry for his brother, replied, "It would be more proper for you, my brother to search for the cause of your unhappiness and then walk in the way of peace. Allah accepts the deeds only from those who serve and fear Him, not from those who reject His Commands."

Habil was intelligent, obedient, and always ready to obey the will of Allah. This contrasted sharply with his brother who was arrogant, selfish and disobedient to his Lord. Abel did not fear his brother's threats, but neither did he want his brother to be hurt, Allah had blessed Abel with purity and compassion.

Hoping to allay the hatred seething in his brother Habil said, " My brother, you are deviating from the right path and are sinful in your decisions. It is better that you repent to Allah and forget about your foolish threat. But if you do not then I will leave the matter in the hands of Allah. You alone will bear the consequence of your sin, for the Fire is the reward of the wrong-doers."

This brotherly plea did nothing to lessen the hatred in Qabil's heart, nor did he show fear of Allah's punishment. Even familial considerations were cast aside. Cain struck his brother with a stone killing him instantly. This was the 1st death and the 1st criminal act committed by man on earth. 

When Abel had not appeared for some time, Adam began to search for him but found no trace of his beloved son. He asked  Qabil about Habil's whereabouts. Qabil insolently replied that he was not his brother's keeper nor his protector. From these words his father understood that Abel was dead and Adam was filled with grief.

Meanwhile Qabil did not know what to do with his brother's corpse. He carried it on his back wandering from place to place trying to hide it. His anger had now subsided and his conscience was saddled with guilt. He was tiring under the burden of the corpse which had started to have a stench. As a mercy, and to show that dignity could be retained even in death, Allah sent two ravens that began fighting, causing the death of one. The victorious bird used its beak and claws to dig a hole in the ground, rolled its victim into it and covered it with sand.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:17am

Witnessing this, Qabil was overcome with shame and remorse. "Woe unto me!" he exclaimed. "I was unable to do what this raven has done, that is to hide my brother's corpse." Qabil then buried his brother. This was also the 1st burial of man.

Allah the Almighty revealed: And (O Muhammad) recite to them (the Jews) the story of the two sons of Adam (Habil and Qabil) in truth; when each offered a sacrifice to Allah, it was accepted from the one but not from the other. The latter said to the former; "I will surely kill you."

The former said: "Verily Allah accepts only from those who are Al Muttaqeen (the pious). If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear Allah; the Lord of the Alameen (mankind, jinn, and all that exists). Verily I intend to let you draw my sin onyourself as well as yours then you will be one of the dwellers of the Fire, and that is the recompense of the Zalimeen (polytheists, and wrongdoers)."

So the self of the other (latter one) encouraged him and made fair seeming to him the murder of his brother; he murdered him and became one of the losers. Allah sent a crow who scratched the ground to show him to hide the dead body of his brother. He (the murderer) said: "Woe to me! Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother?" Then he became one of those who regretted. ( 5:27-31).

It is said that Adam lived for almost 930 years.

Abdullah Ibn Al Iman Ahmad Ibn Hanbal narrated that Ubai Ibn Kab said: "When Adam's death was near, he said to his children: "O my children, indeed I feel an appetite for the fruits of Paradise."

So they went away searching for what Adam had requested. They met with the angels, who had with them his shroud and what he was to be embalmed with. They said to them: "O Children of Adam, what are you searching for? What do you want?

Where are you going?"

They said: "Our father is sick and has an appetite for the fruits of Paradise."

The angels said to them: "Go back, for your father is going to meet his end soon."

So they returned (with the angels) and when Eve saw them she recognized them. She tried to hide herself behind Adam.

He said to her. "Leave me alone. I came before you; do not go between me and the angels of my Lord.' So they took his soul, embalmed and wrapped him, dug the grave and laid him in it. They prayed on him and put him in his grave, saying: 'O Children of Adam, this is your tradition at the time of death."

Before his death Adam reassured his children that Allah would not leave man alone on the earth, but would sent His prophets to guide them. the prophets would have different names, traits and miracles, but they would be united in one thing; the call to worship Allah alone. This was Adam's bequest to his children. Adam finished speaking and closed his eyes. Then the angels entered his room and surrounded him. When he recognized the Angel of Death among them, his heart smiled peacefully.

After Adam's death, his son Seth (Shiith) took over the responsibilities of prophethood, according to a hadith narrated by Abu Dhar. Abu Dhar narrated that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "Allah sent down one hundred and four psalms, of which fifty were sent down to Seth." (Sahih al Bukhari)

When the time of his death came Seth's son Anoush succeeded him. He in turn, was succeeded by his son Qinan, claim that Mahlabeel was the King of the Seven Regions, that he was the first one to cut down trees to build cities and large forts and that he built the cities of Babylonia. He reigned for a period of forty years.

When he died his duties were taken ov er by his son Yard, who on his death, bequeathed them to his son Khonoukh, who is Idris (pbuh) according to the majority of the scholars.

786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 1:02pm
Salam,
I hope you don't mind but I am posting a link to possibly disprove Adam being 60 cubits tall.
http://www.answering-christian-claims.com/False_Stories_About_Prophet_Muhammad.html
Check #13.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Salam,
I hope you don't mind but I am posting a link to possibly disprove Adam being 60 cubits tall.
http://www.answering-christian-claims.com/False_Stories_About_Prophet_Muhammad.html
Check #13.

Salaam Alaikum, 786SalaamKhan

Here is #13 from the site:

False Story #13 Prophet Muhammad said that Adam was 90 feet tall and he was created in Allah's image

There are some hadith in Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad that say that Adam was orginally 90 feet tall in Heaven, and when he was sent to earth he shrunk in height.
However it should be noted that Imam Malik (a hadith scholar) denied the authencity of this hadith. Also another similar hadith is found in Muslim (see Muslim Book 039, Number 6707) where it was said that Prophet Muhammad said that Allah created certain things on certain days of the week. However that hadith has been deemed weak by Imam Muslim.

Aside from Imam Malik, did other scholars also say it is weak? Can you show me evidence of Imam Malik saying that? Why would Imam Muslim put a hadith he knew to be weak into his collection?

Islam QA states Adam was 60 cubits tall, and makes no mention of the hadiths being weak.

He is amazed by the height of Adam (peace be upon him)
ar - en - es - fr - ur
Share |
In saheeh al bukhari hadith No246, rasulullah states Adam was created 30m in height. i cannot understand and imagine this can you please expain?.

Praise be to Allaah.  

Firstly: 

This hadeeth was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: 

�Allaah created Adam and he was sixty cubits tall. Then He said, �Go and greet those angels and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your progeny.� He said, �Al-salaamu �alaykum (Peace be upon you).� They said, �Al-salaamu �alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).� So they added the words �wa rahmat Allaah.� And everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam. People kept on growing smaller until now.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3336; Muslim, 7092 

According to a version narrated by Muslim: �Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam who was sixty cubits tall. People kept growing smaller until now.� 

With regard to the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), �People kept growing smaller until now,� al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari (6/367): �This means that in every generation people grew shorter than the previous generation, and continued to grow shorter until the time of this ummah, then they stayed like that.� 

The Muslim is obliged to believe in every idea for which there is evidence in the Qur�aan or saheeh Sunnah from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Imam al-Shaafa�i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: �I believe in Allaah and in that which came from Allaah in the sense meant by Allaah. I believe in the Messenger of Allaah and in what came from the Messenger of Allaah in the sense meant by the Messenger of Allaah.� See al-Irshaad Sharh Lam�at al-I�tiqaad, p. 89. 

So the believer is required to believe with firm faith in everything that we are told by Allaah and by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), if it is proven to be soundly reported from him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He must believe in it with firm faith that leaves no room for the slightest doubt. He must accept it in general and specific terms, whether he understands it or not and whether he finds it strange or not, because not understanding something that is proven in a sound report does not mean that it did not happen. All that means is that he cannot comprehend this particular issue. Allaah has commanded us to believe in everything that He tells us and everything that His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) tells us. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Only those are the believers who have believed in Allaah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allaah. Those! They are the truthful�

[al-Hujuraat 49:15] 

Part of faith is belief in the unseen (al-ghayb). The hadeeth we are discussing here comes under this heading. Allaah praises those who believe in the unseen, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Alif-Laam-Meem. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur�aan and none but Allaah (Alone) knows their meanings.]

This is the Book (the Qur�aan), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqoon [the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism who fear Allaah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allaah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].

Who believe in the Ghayb[the unseen]�

[al-Baqarah 2:1-3] 

You should note that Allaah is Able to do all things. Just as He is able to create man in the form that he appears in now, He is also Able to create man in a larger or smaller form. 

If this is difficult for you to understand, then think of the dwarves that we see, who are child-sized men. If this can happen, then why could the opposite not happen, namely a man being sixty cubits tall? In the history of mankind there have been giants as the archaeologists tell us. 

The basic principle here is to accept the absolute power of Allaah and to accept what He tells us and what His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) tell us, and to say what those who are well versed in knowledge say: 

�We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord�

[Aal �Imraan 3:7 � interpretation of the meaning]. 

We ask Allaah to show us the truth as true and help us to follow it, and to show us falsehood as false and help us to avoid it. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20612

IslamWeb has a fatwa that states Adam was 60 cubits tall... and that humankind has been decreasing in stature up to the time of Muhammad.

Fatwa No : 85718

Height of Adam and traveling with sister and her husband as Mahram

Fatwa Date : Muharram 28, 1424 / 1-4-2003

Question

1) What was the height of Prophet Adam (AS), is it 60 Diraah, and what does Diraah means?
2) Can a women travel with her sister's husband while her sister is present with her?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

It is unlawful for a woman to travel in long trip except with a Mahram (non-marriageable man). The husband of her sister is not Mahram even if he is accompanied by his wife. The evidence for this is the following Hadith.
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "The woman should not travel for three days except with a Mahram" . All this in order to preserve the dignity and rights of woman.
Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Allah created Adam in His picture, sixty cubits in height. When He created him, He said (to him), 'Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring.' Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'As-Salamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you).' So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah.' " The Prophet added, "So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and picture of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."
"
Dhira'a is what is between the elbow and the tips of the toes.
Allah knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=85718

Edited by TG12345 - 12 January 2013 at 6:55pm
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:35pm
Wa Alaikum,
That is why I said "possibly disprove" because in all likelihood Adam was only 60 cubits during his time in Paradise as Paradise is an alternate world, there is hadith that say a person in paradise will be 60 cubits like Adam was.Smile

Also, do you even know who Imam Malik is? He was one of the four Major Fiqh and Hadith scholars.
Imam Muslim merely collected hadith whether they were authentic, reliable or weak; Imam Muslim came around 300 years afters Prophet Muhammad (SAW) while Imam Malik came within 100 years

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 13 January 2013 at 7:54am
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Wa Alaikum,
That is why I said "possibly disprove" because in all likelihood Adam was only 60 cubits during his time in Paradise as Paradise is an alternate world, there is hadith that say a person in paradise will be 60 cubits like Adam was.Smile

Also, do you even know who Imam Malik is? He was one of the four Major Fiqh and Hadith scholars.
Imam Muslim merely collected hadith whether they were authentic, reliable or weak; Imam Muslim came around 300 years afters Prophet Muhammad (SAW) while Imam Malik came within 100 years

Salaam Alaikum 786SalaamKhan,

I will be the first to admit that you know more about Islamic scholars than I do. Can you please show me a link where he said this? Also, did the other three major Fiqh and Hadith scholars agree with him on this view (ie that it was a weak hadith)? Notice that this same hadith pops up in both Bukhari and Muslim.

This hadeeth was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: 

�Allaah created Adam and he was sixty cubits tall. Then He said, �Go and greet those angels and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your progeny.� He said, �Al-salaamu �alaykum (Peace be upon you).� They said, �Al-salaamu �alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).� So they added the words �wa rahmat Allaah.� And everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam. People kept on growing smaller until now.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3336; Muslim, 7092 

According to a version narrated by Muslim: �Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam who was sixty cubits tall. People kept growing smaller until now.�

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/20612

I agree with you, I think the hadith does say that Adam was 60 cubits tall in Paradise, not 60 cubits tall on the earth. I think the only reference the hadith made to people on this earth is that they have been growing shorter and shorter until "now" (the time of Muhammad). Do you believe this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic