IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Qalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confused
    Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:04am
This is my first post on the IslamiCity forum, and I'm not really sure why I'm here.  About three years ago, I was wandering through a local bookstore, and just randomly pulled a copy of the Quran off the shelf while waiting for my wife to finish her shopping.  Prior to this, I had never seen a copy of the Quran.  As I started reading it, I found I had to sit down because my legs suddenly felt weak.  As I continued to read, tears began to form in my eyes, which has never happened to me before, and I realized it was because I had found something so pure and beautiful.  When my wife found me, I was sitting in a corner of the bookstore with tears in my eyes, reading the Quran.  She took one look at me and said, "You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Since that day, I have read the Quran completely about 10 times, and it's the first book I read in the morning and the last book I read at night every day.  I recently purchased a nine volume set of the Al Bukhari Hadith, and am also reading those with great interest.  These volumes have greatly increased my understanding of the Holy Quran.

More recently, I have had several reoccurring dreams where I am with a group of Muslim men, and we are praying in a small room that has a very high ceiling.  The room is insufferably hot.  As I touch my forehead to the floor, I feel a cool hand on the back of my neck, then cool water is being poured over my head and back.  I usually wake up at that point, feeling very peaceful and overjoyed, for no apparent reason.

My interest in Islam has become more than just a curiosity this past year.  It has become a source of peace, and it's beginning to provide me with a better understanding of why I am here.  Anyhow, it's been fun so far reading some of the other posts.  Any comments are welcome.  Maybe somebody can figure out this dream thing I keep having.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:00am
Asalam Alaikum,

welcome to the forum. I cannot even begin to understand what your dream means. It is upto someone with more specific education and knowledge to do that. For anyone else to do so, that is risky.

Islam can bring much peace. It is amazing how this happens for people. It too brings me much peace.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 12:13pm
peace to you my friend,
   sounds like you had a vision, not a dream.
the meaning to a vision is only found within the person who has it.
   people could give ideas and opinons .but those will mostly come from thier experences as it relates your  vision.
    i have a thought on it( a good thing ) , and if you asked i'd tell you but only if you take it with a grain of salt so to speak.
    one thing i would do though, never forget it. you never know when it will all be made clear to you. it may be days,weeks or years. so always remember.
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 15 November 2008 at 12:16pm
love for all conquers all
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 2:02pm
also my friend, it seems that islam found you , understand .
love for all conquers all
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2008 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Al Qalam Al Qalam wrote:

This is my first post on the IslamiCity forum, and I'm not really sure why I'm here.  About three years ago, I was wandering through a local bookstore, and just randomly pulled a copy of the Quran off the shelf while waiting for my wife to finish her shopping.  Prior to this, I had never seen a copy of the Quran.  As I started reading it, I found I had to sit down because my legs suddenly felt weak.  As I continued to read, tears began to form in my eyes, which has never happened to me before, and I realized it was because I had found something so pure and beautiful.  When my wife found me, I was sitting in a corner of the bookstore with tears in my eyes, reading the Quran.  She took one look at me and said, "You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Since that day, I have read the Quran completely about 10 times, and it's the first book I read in the morning and the last book I read at night every day.  I recently purchased a nine volume set of the Al Bukhari Hadith, and am also reading those with great interest.  These volumes have greatly increased my understanding of the Holy Quran.

More recently, I have had several reoccurring dreams where I am with a group of Muslim men, and we are praying in a small room that has a very high ceiling.  The room is insufferably hot.  As I touch my forehead to the floor, I feel a cool hand on the back of my neck, then cool water is being poured over my head and back.  I usually wake up at that point, feeling very peaceful and overjoyed, for no apparent reason.

My interest in Islam has become more than just a curiosity this past year.  It has become a source of peace, and it's beginning to provide me with a better understanding of why I am here.  Anyhow, it's been fun so far reading some of the other posts.  Any comments are welcome.  Maybe somebody can figure out this dream thing I keep having.

Welcome and Peace be with you,
reading your post brought tears to my eyes. To whom God guides none can misguide. Once we figure out our reality and purpose and discover the guidance needed to live this life certainly easy is the journey.
We all are free to choose whether we please ourself or the pleasure of the Creator exceeds for us in rank.
But once the light of guidance touch as it has to you, easier is the way and the choice.
May God guide us all, and forgive us our past mistakes, Ameen.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Al Qalam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Qalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 1:37am
I think you may be right, Nazarene.  Islam has found me.  Never before has something so profound and good swept into my life.  The nourishment I receive from the Quran each day sustains me better than food or water.
Al Qalam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Qalam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 1:45am
Thank you, Honeto.  I can't begin to describe the peace I've felt in finding a faith that abides by the Oneness of God.  I abandoned Catholicism when I was a boy because I was so confused by its polytheistic nature.  I never knew who to pray to, and was literally starved for God between the ages of 18 and 50.  The Quran has shown me the way back to him.  I'm convinced he guided my steps, my hand and my eyes to the Quran that day in the bookstore. 
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 5:49pm
You truly are one of those Quran recognized:
5:83 And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses.

Some of us who are born in Muslim households take it for granted, and take a while to benefit from our inherited belief and the Mercy of Allah. 
May God's Mercy be on all of us who strive to seek His pleasure. 
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 17 November 2008 at 5:51pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic