IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I cud not go to hajj because ------  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I cud not go to hajj because ------

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cud not go to hajj because ------
    Posted: 11 November 2008 at 10:48pm

Some LAME Excuses people use for Not going to Hajj

Hajj which is the Fifth Pillar of Islam , we find ways how to postpone it or simply ignore it.

Excuse # 1:

I am too busy with Work

Some people delay Hajj because they say they can�t find time to take off from work. But don�t they see the very fact that they didn�t take time out for Hajj is the reason why Allah kept them so busy with work?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Allah says: 'Son of Adam: Fill your time with My worship and I will fill your heart with richness, and end off your poverty. But if you don't, I would make your hands fully busy (i.e. in worldly affairs) and I would not end off your poverty.'"

[Sunan Ibn Maajah; Musnad Ahmed; Sunan at � Tirmidhi, who said that it is a Hasan (good) hadeeth; as quoted in �The Creation is in Need of Allah� by Dr. Saleh as-Saleh]

And he (peace be upon him) said:

"Verily Allah tests His servant with what He has given him. So whoever is content with whatever he has been assigned, then Allah will bless him in it, and give him more! But whoever is not content (with what he has been given), then he will not be blessed in it .�

[Musnad Ahmad (5/24); with an authentic chain, as mentioned in al-Sahihah, Number 1658; as quoted in �The True Richness� by Shaykh Ab� Amm�r Yasir al-Qadh�]

If you make your intention sincerely for the sake of Allah and do your best to take time from work, Allah will provide it for you. ��And whosoever fears All�h and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in All�h, then He will suffice him. Verily, All�h will accomplish his purpose. In deed All�h has set a measure for all things.�

[The Noble Qur�an, Soorah At-Talaq 65:3]

If we don�t make time for Allah, how can we expect Him to make time for us?

Excuse # 2:

I am not spiritually ready

Some people say I am not spiritually strong, I am not much of a believer and thus not ready to go or they say I think I should only do Hajj when I have figured out Salah and Zakah and I am practicing Islam fully...

Don�t you see? That is the whispering of the Shaytan in your heart. He does not want you to go and earn all the reward and Jannah. Allah, the Most High, says in the Qur�an, �(Ibl�s) said: "Because You have sent me astray, surely I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your Straight Path. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You)."

[The Noble Qur�an, Soorah Al-A'raf 7:16 - 17]

Narrated Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him); Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: �Iblees places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.� [Saheeh Muslim , Book 039, Number 6755]

All you got to do is to try hard to improve yourself, putting your trust in Him and surely He will guide you. �As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our Paths (i.e. All�h's Religion - Isl�mic Monotheism). And verily, All�h is with the Muhsin�n (good doers).�

[The Noble Qur�an, Soorah Al-'Ankabut 29:69]

We all know people who weren�t fully practicing Muslim s prior to making the Hajj, yet once they came back from Hajj they went under this amazing transformation and Alhamdulillah they are now practicing fully. So don't think like that, just go.

And also remember that no one is perfect, we all make errors, but the key is to strive to do our best. Allah, the Most High, says, �So keep your duty to All�h and fear Him as much as you can;�� [The Noble Qur�an, Soorah At-Taghabun 64:16] Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "�if I order you to do something, then do of it as much as you can."

[Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 391; Saheeh Muslim , Book 007, Number 3095]

Excuse # 3:

Yeah, In sha�Allah next year�..next year�..then next year

Subhan�Allah, some people have no excuse not to go for Hajj. Yet when you ask them when they are going for hajj, they say �yeah, In sha�Allah next year. But somehow that �next year� never comes.

Don�t be like those people. Make your intention to go for Hajj NOW. Don�t even wait till tomorrow. Do it now and prepare for this journey, while you have the ability. For you never know when death will overtake you or some other trial may befall you that will unable you to go. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, �Make the most of five things before five (other things happen): your life before you die, your good health before you become sick; your free time before you become busy; your youth before you grow old; and your wealth before you become poor.�

[al-Haakim; Classed as Saheeh (authentic) by Sheikh al � Albaani in Saheeh wa Da�eef al-Jaami� al-Sagheer. Also refer to Saheeh al-Jaami�, no. 1077]

Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) once stood at the head of a grave and said to his companion, �If he had a chance to return to this life, what do you think he would do?� His companion replied, �He would do nothing but good deeds.� Ali then said, �If it is not going to be him, then let it be you.�

[As quoted in �Portrait of a Traveller� by Muhammad al � Shareef]

And some scholars say that if you make sincere intention, but die before you can perform Hajj (or any other good deed), In sha�Allah you will still get the reward. There are many evidences for this, for example, Narrated Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him); The Messenger of Allah (peace he upon him) said: �Whoever seeks martyrdom with sincerity shall get its reward, though he may not achieve it.� And in a similar narration, from Sahl b. Aba Umama b. Sahl b.. Hunaif, it says, �Who sought martyrdom with sincerity will be ranked by Allah among the martyrs even if he died on his bed.�

[Saheeh Muslim , Book 020, Number 4694 & 4695]

Excuse # 4:

When Allah wants me to come, Allah will call me

Sure, guidance is in Allah�s Hands. Yet you have to work hard to qualify for that guidance. Remember that Allah will not throw the guidance in your lap from up above. It is YOU who has to make the effort. Just like if you are hungry� Allah will not throw the food down from the sky. You have to get up and cook that food.

Allah, the Most High, orders us to make that effort. Allah says: �O you who believe! Do your duty to All�h and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.�

[The Noble Qur�an, Soorah Al-Ma'idah 5:35]

When you walk towards Allah, he rushes towards you; Narrate Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him); Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, � Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. (The Holy Prophet) further said: By Allah, Allah is more pleased wth the repentance of His servant than what one of you would do on finding the lost camel in the waterless desert. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand. I draw near him by the length of a cubit and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit. I draw near him by the length of a fathom and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him hurriedly.�

[Saheeh Muslim , Book 037, Number 6610]  - But you need to take the first step.

Excuse # 5:

It�s too much hard work

Do you realize how much hard work we do for the Dunya (world)? Most of our lives we spend working hard for our studies, our livelihood, our families, our businesses, and we can�t bear to work hard for the Aakhirah (hereafter)? Sure, Hajj is hard work but then, isn�t Jannah (paradise) worth it?

Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said, "(The performance of) 'Umra is an expiation for the sins committed (between it and the previous one). And the reward of Hajj Mabrur (the one accepted by Allah) is nothing except Paradise .." [

(Agreed Upon); Saheeh Bukhaari, Volume 3, Book 27, Number 1; Saheeh Muslim , Book 007, Number 3127]

Allah, the Most High, says, �And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it (i.e. do righteous deeds of All�h's Obedience) while he is a believer (in the Oneness of All�h Isl�mic Monotheism), then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, thanked and rewarded (by All�h).� [The Noble Qur�an, Soorah Al-Isra 17:19]

Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) is quoted as saying, "I seek Allah's protection from the time when the 'fasiq' or disobedient will have much energy and enthusiasm and the righteous will be lazy." [As quoted in �Lazy Boy - It's All in Your Mind!� by Muhammad al � Shareef]

Excuse # 6:

It takes too long

Some people use the length of Hajj as an excuse each year for delaying or not going. How long does it take?! Just 2-3 weeks! As if they haven�t taken that much time for vacations?!

To them I want to say, planning is everything. If you plan from now for Hajj next year, you can save up your vacation time and use it for the most important journey of your life. Or you cam just choose an express Hajj package (about 10-14 days). And remember that the stay in Medinah is not a part of Hajj.

Excuse # 7:

It�s too hot

A Ca nadia n may say it's too cold. An African will say it's too hot. Both are making excuses for not doing good actions. Remember, it was summer in the desert during the time of the Battle of Tabuk, and the Prophet (peace be upon him) was rallying his troops for an exhaustive trip that, back then, would have taken them months. That�s when the hypocrites told the people 'do not go out in the heat'. Allah, the Most High, says, �Those who stayed away (from Tabuk expedition) rejoiced in their staying behind the Messenger of All�h; they hated to strive and fight with their properties and their lives in the Cause of All�h, and they said: "March not forth in the heat." Say: "The Fire of Hell is more intense in heat", if only they could understand!�

[The Noble Qur�an, Soorah At-Tawbah 9:81]

Excuse # 8:

I�ll wait until my kids are older/get married

Similarly, Muslim s might delay Hajj and give themselves time by saying, "let me wait till my kids are older or till my daughter gets married (and their daughter may only be 5 years old!)... let me wait till I do this, let me wait till I do that.�

This is also just a way of procrastination and nothing else. Remember that hajj is an obligation in Islam. It is fardh (obligatory) upon you. If you have the means and you have not yet done your obligatory hajj, the scholars say that it is better for you to do Hajj, rather than delaying it if your kids are young.

Narrated Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him); The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, �Hasten to do good deeds before Fitaan (trials and tribulations) come like patches of dark night, where a man will be a believer in the morning and will be a kaafir (disbeliever) by evening, or he will be a believer in the evening and a kaafir by the morning, and one of you will sell hi religion for some trifling worldly gain.�

[Saheeh Muslim , Book 001, Number 0213; Musnad Ahmad; Sunan at � Tirmidhi; Refer to Saheeh al � Jaami as � Sagheer, 3/4]

Obviously, for the one whose kids are of marriageable age and has just enough money for either Hajj or marriage, the scholars say: �If there is a conflict between the father�s Hajj and the son�s getting married, because the father only has enough money for one of them, then he should look to see whether his son�s marriage is essential right now, or can it be delayed? If the son needs to get married and fears that he may do something Haraam, then getting him married takes precedence over the father�s doing Hajj.[http://www.islam- qa.com/index. php?ref=83191&ln=eng]

Beware of Lame Excuses

In a hadeeth, a person came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and asked him, "O Messenger of Allah! Narrate to me a hadith, and make it short!" So he (peace be upon him) replied, �Pray your prayer as if it is your last, as if you are seeing Him (Allah), for even if you do not see Him then He sees you. And give up hope (of obtaining) what other's possess, then you will live a rich life. And beware of anything that you might (later) have to make an excuse for.�

[Imam Bukhari in his al-Tarikh (3/216), and al-Tabarani in his al- Awsat (# 4588) and others. Al-Haythami, in his Majma al-Zawaid (10/ 229) said: "There are, in its chain, people that I do not know." However, this narration has supporting evidences, including the hadith of Sa d ibn Abi Waqqas, and 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (in al-Tabarani's al-Awsat, # 5907), due to which Sheikh al-Albaani considered it acceptable in his al-Sahihah (# 1914); As quoted in �The True Richness� by Shaykh Ab� Amm�r Yasir al-Qadh�]

And It is Only Allah Who grants success. May Allah Exalt the mention of His slave and Messenger Muhammad, and render him, his household and companion safe from Evil

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:31pm
Assalamu alaikum.

I am grateful for your comment. How I wished the Muslims have ears to hear, hearts for reflect in pursuing knowledge and standing by the Sunna of the holy Prophet not by mouth or heart but by the use of the limbs.
I performed Hajj many times. The last was in 1983. I am regretting now. Are we supposed to perform Hajj as performed by the holy Prophet or not? There is the problem of moon sighting by the Saudi Authority that invariably affects the Arafat day. The 1983 Arafat was performed on the 8th of Zulhajj on a Friday and not on the 9th. There are many reports that the standing of the Arafat was hardly ever done on the 9th day of Zul hajj. There is the important issue of who is the Imam on the Day of Arafat? The third issue is who is supposed to lead the Zuhr, Asr and Isha prayers in the Masjids? Why do the Imams in the Masjids fail to follow the Sunna of the holy Prophet while leading people in prayers?
Friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum.

• The 1983 Arafat was performed on the 8th of Zulhajj on a Friday and not on the 9th.
  • There are many reports that the standing of the Arafat was hardly ever done on the 9th day of Zul hajj.

Wa alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

On what authority do you say that? Please produce your proof.

• There is the important issue of who is the Imam on the Day of Arafat?
  • The third issue is who is supposed to lead the Zuhr, Asr and Isha prayers in the Masjids?
  • Why do the Imams in the Masjids fail to follow the Sunna of the holy Prophet while leading people in prayers?

Your point?

Kindly elaborate.

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 7:48am
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait: Please kindly forgive me for not answering you.
Originally posted by Friendship

Assalamu alaikum.

• The 1983 Arafat was performed on the 8th of Zulhajj on a Friday and not on the 9th.
  • There are many reports that the standing of the Arafat was hardly ever done on the 9th day of Zul hajj.

Wa alaikum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

On what authority do you say that? Please produce your proof.

Response: Moon Phasing or calculation is done by (Hisab) calculating the relative motion of the moon around the sun. I was taught how to do so in secondary school. Now there is a website www.icoproject.org and moonsighting.org telling us about waxing and weaning of the moon. Look for the sites and join as a member. Now if you check Dhul hajj 1983, you will see that 9th Zul hajj was on saturday not on friday, the day we observed the Arafat. I have been following moonphase since 1990 when I bought a small book written by Professor Muhammad Ilyas of Malaysia in London. His findings ag
reed with what Ibn Taymiyya wrote in his Majmu'ul Fatawa on how to observe the day the moon will appear. Nigeria is West of Makka, a difference of 2 hours. It is from this knowledge that I knew the Arafat was observed for many years on the 8th of Zul-hajj and not on the 9th. As I said this year Arafat was observed on the 9th. You my have known that some Muslims in Nigeria observed their Id on that day because of their ignorance of the Sunna.

Originally posted by Friendship

• There is the important issue of who is the Imam on the Day of Arafat?
  • The third issue is who is supposed to lead the Zuhr, Asr and Isha prayers in the Masjids?
  • Why do the Imams in the Masjids fail to follow the Sunna of the holy Prophet while leading people in prayers?
Response: It is difficult for one to teach you the Sunna of the holy Prophet. You have to learn and understand it yourself. It is a matter of personal conviction. I do not know what you learnt in the University to give you an example. Think of the relationship between and your teacher. In brief according to my understanding and practice, a Muslim who believes in Muhammad is the representative of Muhammad in his Umma, and does exactly what he did during an Ibadat. So  ask yourslef, if Muhammad did 4 Raka'at of Zuhr, As and Isha' at Makka or Madina. The Imam on the Day of Arafat's position in the Umma. Was it that of leadership or just on mare prayer? Do they read the Suras (chapters) during their prayers as recommended by Muhammad.
Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 21 December 2008 at 7:50am
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 7:10am

The Imam on the Day of Arafat's position in the Umma. Was it that of leadership or just on mare prayer? Do they read the Suras (chapters) during their prayers as recommended by Muhammad.

Proceeding To 'Arafah

• So after the sun rises on the Day of 'Arafah (10th Dhul-Hijjah) - he moves off towards 'Arafah (a large plain to the south-east of Makkah), while reciting talbiyyah of takbeer - as both of these were practised by the Companions of the Prophet while making Hajj with him - and he did not critize either (those reciting tal-biyyah of those reciting takbeer.) (62)

• Then he stops at Namirah (63) - and it is a place near to 'Arafah but not forming part of it - and he remains there until noon.

• So When the sun passes its zenith he moves to 'Uranah and settles there,(64) and it is next to 'Arafah - and here the Imaam should give an appropriate Khutbah to the people.

• Then he prays with the people Zuhr and 'Asr shortening and combining them in the time of the Zuhr prayer.

• And one adhaan is given and two iqaamahs.

• And he does not pray anything between the two prayers.(65)

• And he who is not able to pray along with the Imaam - then he prays them in the same way on his own - or with those in similar situation around him.(66)

Standing In 'Arafah

• Then he goes off to 'Arafah and if able stands upon the rocks beneath the Mount of Mercy (Jabal ur-Rahmah) and if not then all of 'Arafah is place of standing.

• And he stands facing the Qiblah, raising his hands making du'aa and reciting talbiyyah.

• And he recites much 'La ilaha illallaah' as it is the best du'aa on the Day of 'Arafah as the Prophet said: The best thing that I and the Prophets have said on the evening of 'Arafah is Laa ilaha illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu lahul mulk wa lahul hamdu wa huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in qadeer.(67)
  • And if he adds in the talbiyyah occasionally (all good is the good of the Hereafter) then that is permissible.(68)

Innamaal Khairu Khairul Aakhirati

• And it is sunnah for the one standing in 'Arafah not to fast that day.

• And he remains in that state, remembering Allaah reciting talbiyyah, making du'aa as he wishes - hoping from Allaah that He will make him one of those whom He boasts of (those whom He frees from Fire) to the Angels as occurs in the hadith :"There is no day on which Allaah frees more of His slaves from Fire than the Day of 'Arafah, and He verily draws near then boasts of them before the angles, saying :'What do they seek?' "(69) and in another hadith : "Verily Allaah boasts of the people of 'Arafah before the people of heaven (the angels), saying : 'Look to my servants who have come to Me dishevelled and dusty.'"(70) and he remains in that state until the sun sets.

Leaving 'Arafah

• So when the sun has set he leaves 'Arafah for Muzdalifah - going with calmness and tranquility, not jostling or pushing the people with himself or his riding beast or his vehicle, rather whenever he finds room then he goes faster.

• And when reaching Muzdalifah he gives adhaan and iqaamah then prays the three ra'kahs of Maghrib, then gives iqaamah and prays 'Ishaa - shortening it - and joining the two prayers.

• And if he separates the two prayers for some necessity then there is no harm in that.(71)

• And he does not pray anything between them or after 'Ishaa.(72)

• Then he sleeps until Fajr.

• Then when the dawn first appears he prays Fajr in the first part of its time with adhaan and iqaamah.
Notes:
63. 64. 63,64. This stopping and that after it may be difficult to perform these days due to the crowd of people, so if he goes past it to 'Arafah then it is alright insh'allah. Shaikh ul Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah says in 'al-Fataawaa' (26:128): As for that which is from the sunnah of Rasoolullah - staying in Minaa on Yaum -ut-Tarwiyyah and for that night, then stopping at 'Urahah', which is between the Mash'ar ul Haraam and going from there to 'Arafah, and the giving of Khutbah and the two prayers on the way in the middle of 'Uranah'- then this is as agreed upon by scholars - whereas many writers do not bring it to notice - and most people do not know due to the prevalence of invented practices."

65. I say: "And also it is not reported that the Prophet prayed anything before Zuhr or after 'Asr in this place - or in any of his journeys - and it is not established that he prayed any supplementary prayers in any of his journeys except the two sunnahs of Fajr and the Witr.

66. Bukharee narrates it from Ibn 'Umar with mu'allaq isnaad. See 'Mukhtasar-al-Bukhari'(3/89/25).

67. Hasan or Sahih hadith. With more than one isnaad - refer to 'As-Saheehah,(no.1503)'.

68. As that is established from the Prophet - as is explained in the Original.

69. Narrated by Muslim and others. See 'At-Targheeb'(2/129).

70. Narrated by AHmad and others - and authenticated by a number of scholars - as I have explained in 'Takhreej ut-Targheeb'.

71. This was said ny Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah, its being established from the Prophet and his companions, in al-Bukhari (25/94/801) (Mukhtasar al-Bukhari).

72. Ibn Taimiyyah says: "And when he reaches Muzdalifah he prays Maghrib before making the camels kneel down if possible, then after making them kneel they pray 'Ishaa - and if they delay the 'Ishaa somewhat then there is no harm."

http://www.qss.org/articles/hajjalb/rites.html#12

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 2:44pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Abosait posted:

Proceeding To 'Arafah

• So after the sun rises on the Day of 'Arafah (10th Dhul-Hijjah) - he moves off towards 'Arafah (a large plain to the south-east of Makkah), while reciting talbiyyah of takbeer - as both of these were practised by the Companions of the Prophet while making Hajj with him - and he did not critize either (those reciting tal-biyyah of those reciting takbeer.) (62)

• Then he stops at Namirah (63) - and it is a place near to 'Arafah but not forming part of it - and he remains there until noon.

• So When the sun passes its zenith he moves to 'Uranah and settles there,(64) and it is next to 'Arafah - and here the Imaam should give an appropriate Khutbah to the people.

• Then he prays with the people Zuhr and 'Asr shortening and combining them in the time of the Zuhr prayer.

• And one adhaan is given and two iqaamahs.

• And he does not pray anything between the two prayers.(65)

• And he who is not able to pray along with the Imaam - then he prays them in the same way on his own - or with those in similar situation around him.(66)

Standing In 'Arafah

• Then he goes off to 'Arafah and if able stands upon the rocks beneath the Mount of Mercy (Jabal ur-Rahmah) and if not then all of 'Arafah is place of standing.

• And he stands facing the Qiblah, raising his hands making du'aa and reciting talbiyyah.

• And he recites much 'La ilaha illallaah' as it is the best du'aa on the Day of 'Arafah as the Prophet said: The best thing that I and the Prophets have said on the evening of 'Arafah is Laa ilaha illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu lahul mulk wa lahul hamdu wa huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in qadeer.(67)
  • And if he adds in the talbiyyah occasionally (all good is the good of the Hereafter) then that is permissible.(68)

Innamaal Khairu Khairul Aakhirati

• And it is sunnah for the one standing in 'Arafah not to fast that day.

• And he remains in that state, remembering Allaah reciting talbiyyah, making du'aa as he wishes - hoping from Allaah that He will make him one of those whom He boasts of (those whom He frees from Fire) to the Angels as occurs in the hadith :"There is no day on which Allaah frees more of His slaves from Fire than the Day of 'Arafah, and He verily draws near then boasts of them before the angles, saying :'What do they seek?' "(69) and in another hadith : "Verily Allaah boasts of the people of 'Arafah before the people of heaven (the angels), saying : 'Look to my servants who have come to Me dishevelled and dusty.'"(70) and he remains in that state until the sun sets.

Leaving 'Arafah

• So when the sun has set he leaves 'Arafah for Muzdalifah - going with calmness and tranquility, not jostling or pushing the people with himself or his riding beast or his vehicle, rather whenever he finds room then he goes faster.

• And when reaching Muzdalifah he gives adhaan and iqaamah then prays the three ra'kahs of Maghrib, then gives iqaamah and prays 'Ishaa - shortening it - and joining the two prayers.

• And if he separates the two prayers for some necessity then there is no harm in that.(71)

• And he does not pray anything between them or after 'Ishaa.(72)

• Then he sleeps until Fajr.

• Then when the dawn first appears he prays Fajr in the first part of its time with adhaan and iqaamah.
Notes:
63. 64. 63,64. This stopping and that after it may be difficult to perform these days due to the crowd of people, so if he goes past it to 'Arafah then it is alright insh'allah. Shaikh ul Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah says in 'al-Fataawaa' (26:128): As for that which is from the sunnah of Rasoolullah - staying in Minaa on Yaum -ut-Tarwiyyah and for that night, then stopping at 'Urahah', which is between the Mash'ar ul Haraam and going from there to 'Arafah, and the giving of Khutbah and the two prayers on the way in the middle of 'Uranah'- then this is as agreed upon by scholars - whereas many writers do not bring it to notice - and most people do not know due to the prevalence of invented practices."

65. I say: "And also it is not reported that the Prophet prayed anything before Zuhr or after 'Asr in this place - or in any of his journeys - and it is not established that he prayed any supplementary prayers in any of his journeys except the two sunnahs of Fajr and the Witr.

66. Bukharee narrates it from Ibn 'Umar with mu'allaq isnaad. See 'Mukhtasar-al-Bukhari'(3/89/25).

67. Hasan or Sahih hadith. With more than one isnaad - refer to 'As-Saheehah,(no.1503)'.

68. As that is established from the Prophet - as is explained in the Original.

69. Narrated by Muslim and others. See 'At-Targheeb'(2/129).

70. Narrated by AHmad and others - and authenticated by a number of scholars - as I have explained in 'Takhreej ut-Targheeb'.

71. This was said ny Shaikh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taimiyyah, its being established from the Prophet and his companions, in al-Bukhari (25/94/801) (Mukhtasar al-Bukhari).

72. Ibn Taimiyyah says: "And when he reaches Muzdalifah he prays Maghrib before making the camels kneel down if possible, then after making them kneel they pray 'Ishaa - and if they delay the 'Ishaa somewhat then there is no harm."

Response: Abosait: You are yet to answer the question! It is; The Imam on the Day of Arafat's position in the Umma. Was it that of leadership or just on mare prayer? Do they read the Suras (chapters) during their prayers as recommended by Muhammad.

friendship.
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2008 at 1:50am

1. The Imam on the Day of Arafat's position in the Umma.
   2. Was it that of leadership or just on mare prayer?
   3. Do they read the Suras (chapters) during their prayers as recommended by Muhammad

Answers: 1. Leads the Hajjis in prayer and delivers the Khutbah.
2. Leadership in submission before Allah as required by Him on that particular day.
3. Do you mean Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam? Please quote the relevant Hadith if something special is recomended by him to be recited by the Imam repeatedly every Hajj.

Edited by abosait - 26 December 2008 at 1:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic