IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ARE THE SCRIPTURES RELEVANT TODAY!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARE THE SCRIPTURES RELEVANT TODAY!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARE THE SCRIPTURES RELEVANT TODAY!
    Posted: 20 October 2008 at 1:51pm
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM.

Allah says in Qur'an chapter 7:96-100, "And if the people of the towns had believed and had Taqwa (piety i.e. followed the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah and established the Khalifate), certainly, We should have opened for them blessings from the heavens and the earth, but they belied (the Messengers by refusing to establish the Khalifate for a Messenger was not sent but according to Qur'an 4:64, 'We sent the Messenger, but to be obeyed by Allah's leave). So We took them (with punishment) for what they used to earn (polytheism and crimes). Did the people of the towns then feel secure against the coming of Our punishment by night while they were asleep? Or did the people of the towns then feel secure agaisnt the coming of Our punishment in the forenoon while they were playing? Did they feel secure agains the Plan of Allah? None feels secure against the Plan of Allah except the people who are the losers. Is it not clear to those who inherit the earth in succession from its (previous) possessors, that had We willed, We would have punished them for their sins. And We seal up their hearts so that they hear not? 

Answer: Allah comforted (Muhammad Rasulullah although he is not with us today and by extension) the sincere believers who earnestly and sincerely by proofs and evidences do not see any good in the way of life of the Muslims today, when compared with the way of life of the righteous from the time of Prophet Nuh (Noah) with: holy Qur'an chapter 27:79-81, "So put your trust in Allah, surely, you (O Muhammad [and me also]]) are on manifest truth. Verily you (Muhammmad Rasulullah and me) cannot make the dead to hear nor can you make the deaf to hear the call i.e. benefit them and similarly the disbelievers), when they flee, turning their backs. Nor can you (Muhammad Rasulullah and me) lead the blind out of their error. You (Muhammad Rasulullah and me)  can only make to hear those who  beleive in Our Ayats (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations etc) and who submitted (themselves to Allah representing Him as His Vicegerences i.e. established the Khalifate in Islam as Muslims)". 
Friendship. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic