IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - family issue on m\rraige...plsss help!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

family issue on m\rraige...plsss help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumayya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: family issue on m\rraige...plsss help!!!
    Posted: 19 October 2008 at 10:45am
Assalam alaikum dear members!!!!

i am a new user.I am presently  studying medicine in UAE.i am 20 yrs old,indian girl.last year in september i met a guy on internet on some social networking site.he is from my same place,he is 2 1/2 yrs elder to me and residing in canada doing majors in IT.we began talking and sharing our life experiences and we started liking each other.we proposed each other quite soon,but i immediately thought of my parents-they are not gonna accept this,plus i thought about him that i just met him online,how i cant be so sure of him,he might be playing with me n i told him its not gonna happen.he wasn't accepting it and tried all his means to show that he is true,he is not playing.by talking to him for some few more daysi asked him lots of questions and he asked me too, i realized that he is really true,i felt that we both are compatible.but my mind was not fully set i had mixed feelings-i liked him n i didn't want to trust him because i dont want to get hurt later.so i took an approach to talk to my mom.my mom told me to stop talking to him.i stopped n i thought i will forget him  .he contacted me 2 nd tym i talked to him then after few days my mom asked me again am i still talking i said yes.then i again stopped.he tried contacting me many times.i tried to talk less n make him understand.my mom talked to him twice n said to me he is not the one for you without even seeing him.my parents have told me that either i marry him or study??i want to do both.i cant forget him untill now n i pray for him a lot.i really like him.i want my parents to meet him.i told my parents i will marry wherever they want me to marry .but i still cant forget him.i want to give him a chance to meet my parents.should i do something ???or should i leave it on destiny.i dont want to hut my parents ...what should i do..they are not that liberal....

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 8:45pm
Asalam Alaikum,

Welcome to the Forum...

This guy may be legit or not.. no way to tell.. to a degree. If he is,assuming he is Muslim etc.. he will have his parents contact your parents. Frankly to marry without family support cannot be really,really hard.

Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:48pm
Dear sister,

I can understand your feelings,but before giving your heart to him forever atleast you meet him,he is just a voice or chat id for you i think,so please dont say that you will not love anyone cause you love this voice or id.

sister such kind of relation is very risky and dont waste your young age feelings for such a person who is almost impossible for you,

If you are an arab lady than plz forget this guy as u can read my post i wanna save my marraige,i have posted my story,i married to my second cousin sho is of arab culture and i m indian and now she wants a divorce,this is a love marraige still it did not work.
maybe its not true in your case but its my advice.

maybe i am late to give this advice as now everything maybe ok for you now.

Regards
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:50pm
oh sorry i read your post again and found you indian,not arab.sorry

Edited by fais - 02 October 2009 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic