IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JIHAD as I understood It!  (correct me...)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JIHAD as I understood It! (correct me...)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:36pm
QUOTE (1) I dont think of shaiton he has no power over me
            (2) Allahs Al MuQaddim "Allahu Akbar" 

Brother Akhe Abdullah

Referring to your above statement
(2) No doubts about it. Allah is GREAT!
(1) 'I don't think of shaiton. He has no power over me.' --- I don't doubts you achieving the high level of faith and deen with the Grace of Allah. Alhamdullillah. BUT do we realize that there are a BIG majority of the 1.4 BILLIONS Muslims who are NOT like you. Let us go to Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc and make a simple survey on Muslim women keeping their "AURAT'. Millions of our mothers and sisters out there are daring enough to 'bare' their modesty in the name of modernity!  We dont questions what is in their heart but what we see is evidence that shaiton has achieve part of their goal  to defeat us on one of the the basis of our faith through their weapons/instruments  (mediums ) which human has perfected for the benefits of shaiton ie  ALL multi-media, all the yellow cultures, our internets, hand-phones, movements of freedom of speech and expression, women libs, gay and lesbian movements - you name it! SHAITON are there having their good times. Brother please fogive me for being this blunt but it is the truth and the truth is difficult to hear.
Allah Hu Akbar.

Edited by astroman - 20 November 2008 at 2:42pm
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Originally posted by Imani Imani wrote:

you are right but how do we fight IBLIS? it is upto us humans to believe in ALLAH and His messenger SAW.
      We must be united and have a strong faith in islam. that way IBLIS can never have the chance to interfer in�our lifes.

�� Jihad is not all about fighting or evening fighting IBLIS.� Drawing yourself away�from iblis by adhering to all the teachings of�ISLAM�that is when you have achieved jihad. Every true muslim practices JIHAD even right from thier homes.�

we do this by praying, giving zakat ,correcting our children when they do wrong,seeing everyone a equal and a whole lots of things.
As salamulaikum Imani well put.Even though one does have personal Jihad trying to stay on there deen as a muslim you know thats everyday And as a Muslim we know that Allah is our only refuge.I dont think of shaiton he has no power over me Allahs Al MuQaddim "Allahu Akbar"   [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" />
As salaamulaikum Brother Jazakallah for your reply May Allah send you his blessings.Yes you know that we are doing something right for shaiton to have to work so hard.
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2009 at 12:38pm
Im guessing that dear brother you are talking about Al-Jihad Al-Akbar? and maybe Al-Jihad Al-Asghar intertwined...clarify

Al -Jihad has criteria, as all things in Islam.

Remember, Islam can NOT be how WE understand it.  It must be all drawn from the fountain of guidance, Al Qur'an and the guidance of RasulAllah(sallallahu alayhi wa salaam).

Any thing that strays from this is our own opinion, which is dieased.

�And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the disbelievers� [al-Ma�idah: 44]

Edited by Talib_Asadullah - 04 January 2009 at 12:47pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 10:04am
Assalamu alaikum.

Talib_ Asadullah posted: Remember, Islam can NOT be how WE understand it.  It must be all drawn from the fountain of guidance, Al Qur'an and the guidance of RasulAllah(sallallahu alayhi wa salaam).

Any thing that strays from this is our own opinion, which is dieased.

Response: Wellcome to this forum. You have started with a bomb shell. I extremely glad and happy with your comment. Indeed this is what Allah says in Qur'an, 28:68: "And your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses: no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified is Allah, and exalted above all that they associate  (as partners with Him).
Friendship.

Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2009 at 11:14am
We need to drop bombshells everytime we post my brother/sister.

You would be surprised how much brothers and sisters dont understand about Al-Din.  Granted, my knowledge and understanding can be equated to a speck of dust.  But what we need to do is do our best to study and gain more knowledge and understanding.

I am thinking about posting a topic about the difference between a Muslim and a Believer, where would be the most suitable place in your opinion?
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 2:57am
Assalamu alaikum.

I believe it will fit most under Interfaith.
Friendship.
astroman View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astroman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Im guessing that dear brother you are talking about Al-Jihad Al-Akbar? and maybe Al-Jihad Al-Asghar intertwined...clarifyAl -Jihad has criteria, as all things in Islam.Remember, Islam can NOT be how WE understand it.� It must be all drawn from the fountain of guidance, Al Qur'an and the guidance of RasulAllah(sallallahu alayhi wa salaam).Any thing that strays from this is our own opinion, which is dieased.“And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the disbelievers” [al-Ma’idah: 44]

Sheikh,
I am not talking about ISLAM as the main subject. I am talking about JIHAD as I understood it. I believe it has many meanings befitting a situation as one experienced it. You need to correct me if what I said is against the teachings of Islam. I would be grateful. I hope you do not confused us with your general points of arguments. This makes Islam complicated to other muslims and worst for those new brothers and sisters who wishe to get near Islam. Brother, be helpful and educative rather than excessively critical like so many others who claimed to be muslims but do not follow the good behaviours and sunnah RasulAllah.

You happily used the word "Bombshells" which will be used by antiIslam to brand us 'bad people'. Does this really shows who we muslims are?

Edited by astroman - 06 January 2009 at 3:53am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 8:10am
Assalamu alaikum.

Astroman posted:I am not talking about ISLAM as the main subject. I am talking about JIHAD as I understood it. I believe it has many meanings befitting a situation as one experienced it. You need to correct me if what I said is against the teachings of Islam. I would be grateful.
Response. Please do not misunderstand Asadullah! He is just wanting to amplify or explain Jihad on what the holy Apostle himself described as Jihad Asgar and Jihad Akbar. Let us wait and hear what he will say. I was delighted by his effort because it immediately reminded me the Shurut of Jihad which no one is complying with. What we call Jihad today is nothing other than oppression!

2) This makes Islam complicated to other muslims and worst for those new brothers and sisters who wishe to get near Islam.
Response: This is an unfair remark to the one who says that one has to stick to the holy Qur'an and the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. We are independent. Taqlid i.e. blindly accepting one's opinion or Ta'wil without proof is not allowed in the Sunna of Muhammad. We should all read and say something on what one knows.
 3) Brother, be helpful and educative rather than excessively critical like so many others who claimed to be muslims but do not follow the good behaviours and sunnah RasulAllah.
Response: Muhammad Rasulullah was very critical and always to the point and does not comprise. Let us make our declaration in a clear, plain manner without any ambiguity. Allah said to him, "It is on you to declare the Truth, and on Us to effect the Judgment". 

4) You happily used the word "Bombshells" which will be used by antiIslam to brand us 'bad people'. Does this really shows who we muslims are?
Response: It was me who used the word bombshell, because if we had understood the Shurut of Jihad, one must have a Khalifa since the greatest Jihad according to the holy Prophet is to tell the truth to a tyrant. There are very very few Muslim who can do so today!
Please read Zadal Ma'ad by Ibn Jawziyya vol 3.
Friendship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic