IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - question about Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question about Quran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about Quran
    Posted: 09 October 2008 at 4:25pm
sorry, i had posted same thread to another side. i don't know where to post.

AsSalamu Alaikum

I am new in this forum. I have few questions about understanding Quran.

As we know Quran was written for us to understand easily. Why we need to read Tafsir of quran to understand Quran? Does really needs to read tafsir of quran to understand quran sentences?

I don�t understand these sentences of quran:

English translate:

sura AR-RAHMAN

YUSUFALI: O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!
PICKTHAL: O company of jinn and men, if ye have power to penetrate (all) regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate (them)! Ye will never penetrate them save with (Our) sanction.
SHAKIR: O assembly of the jinn and the men! If you are able to pass through the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass through; you cannot pass through but with authority.

** Can we just say, human can�t pass beyond Zones of the heavens? We know human already went to the moon Or does it means others?

Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by earth earth wrote:

sorry, i had posted same thread to another side. i don't know where to post.

AsSalamu Alaikum

I am new in this forum. I have few questions about understanding Quran.

As we know Quran was written for us to understand easily. Why we need to read Tafsir of quran to understand Quran? Does really needs to read tafsir of quran to understand quran sentences?

Read it carefully.

(54:17) We have made this Qur�an easy as a reminder. *15 Is there, then, any who will take heed?

*15 .Some people have misconstrued the words Yassarnal-Qur an to mean that the Qur'an is an easy Book; no knowledge is required to understand it so much so that a person even without the knowledge of the Arabic language, can write a commentary on it, and can deduce any injunctions he likes from its verses independent of the Hadith and Islamic Law, whereas the context in which these words occur, indicates that they are meant to make the people realize this: "One means of the admonition are the dreadful torments that descended upon the rebellious nations, and the other means is this Qur'an, which guides you to the right path by argument and instruction. Obviously, this means of admonition is by far the easier one; then, why don't you take advantage of it and insist on meeting with the torment instead? It is indeed Allah's bounty that He has sent this Book through His Prophet and is warning you that the ways you are following lead only to destntction and your well-being lies only in following this way. This method of admonition has been adopted so that you are rescued even before you fall into the pit of destntction. Now, who could be more foolish than the one who does not believe in the admonition and realizes his error only after he has fallen into the pit?"(Source)

Originally posted by earth earth wrote:

I don�t understand these sentences of quran:

English translate:

sura AR-RAHMAN

YUSUFALI: O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!
PICKTHAL: O company of jinn and men, if ye have power to penetrate (all) regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate (them)! Ye will never penetrate them save with (Our) sanction.
SHAKIR: O assembly of the jinn and the men! If you are able to pass through the regions of the heavens and the earth, then pass through; you cannot pass through but with authority.

** Can we just say, human can�t pass beyond Zones of the heavens? We know human already went to the moon Or does it means others?

(55:33) O company of jinn and men, if you have the power to go beyond the bounds of the heavens and the earth, go beyond them! Yet you will be unable to go beyond them for that requires infinite power. *32

*32 'The earth and the heavens": the Universe or the Kingdom of God. The verse means to impress this: `It is not in your power to escape Allah's grasp. When the time for the accountability of which you are being foretold comes, you will be seized and brought before God in any case wherever you may be. To go out of God's reach you will have to flee from the Universe of God for which you do trot have the required power. If you feel that you have the power, then you may use that power if you so will.(Source)

Another response

"O ye assembly of Jinns and men! If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!  (The Noble Quran, 55:33)"

When Allah Almighty revealed to Prophet the Noble Quran 1500 years ago, there were no flying air planes or man-made objects invented.  Yet Allah Almighty talked about humans passing the zones of heavens by saying "If it be ye can pass....., pass ye! not without authority"   What is that authority?  It is the Will of Allah Almighty of course, and the physical "space shuttles".(Source)

Contact

[email protected]

earth View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 8:03pm
salam,

Thank you to make me understand. very nice answer for all of us. i was started to read quran in english but was confused. thanks again.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 4:25am
As'Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Welcome to Islamicity "Earth".

I would like to add few points to the first part of your question from the post as why do we need tafsir of the holy Qur'an

Firstly, because the language in which holy Qur'an was revealed was arabic. That does n't mean arabic speakers do not go thru tafseer. The Qur'anic arabic is not the arabic, which arabs speak. It was revealed in that accent which the people of those times used to speak. So it needs explanation, to get it understood

Secondly, arabic is a deep rooted language. One word may have different meanings. So accordingly, it needs an understanding.

Thirdly, tafseer explains us the context as when that ayah was revealed. You must be knowing that the ayaat were revealed when the situation demanded. Tafseer gives us a better understanding, as when and how that ayah was revealed, so that we take up the real meaning of it.

It is the speciality of Qur'an that it reflects us and we don't get bored. And finally, we go for tafseers of scholars, since we are not to interpretQur'an by our own self. If we go wrong, its like attributing lies to Allah's word. These scholars, study Qur'an deeply, devoted there lives for Qur'an. But yes, we shud tryto learn and understand arabic. It helps us to study Qur'an closely which reflects us very much.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic