IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab Images  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab Images

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:53am

as salaam mu alaikum

henna u are quite right that u do draw attention to yourself when u are the only one wearing hijab, this attention is drawn to you not becuase of the bright colours you are wearing but because of the fact that u are wearing somthing everyone else isnt.what i MEANt to say which i think u took the wrong way was that,,,hijab is a beautifuo thing wearing it properly and beautifully makes the person feel good and (if they are married) their husbans pleased.BUT i just feel,as my opinion, that to wear extremely bright colours draws attention as well,,,not only cos u might be the only one wearing hijab but also because of the colour you are wearing.

Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 6:33pm
I am agree with you sinful servant.
But when i started to wear my hijaab, i was wearing bright colours and not very loose clothes. But day after day i started to feel more comfortable in pale colours and in an abaya..
Actually i am a big fun of red colour :) And sometimes i wear a red abaya.. Maybe it's a nefs problem..

I remember a story, in Iran, years ago, the daughter of the president wears a bright red charshaf and she participates to an event. (She was also an officier, somethinglike this.. anyway) and she gets all the attention! When the journalists ask her why she wears red,she says; all the colours belong to Allah so the red.. :D

Good point;)

But as i say before, i prefer generally  pale colurs.. And i think as the bright red, the black as well get the attention. Maybe some pale colours like grey, cream, linen color etc. can be much more better than black.. I think these kind of pale colours will get less attention..

Anyway.. Allah knows the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic