IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab Images  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab Images

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:08am

Assalamu alaikum,

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

They look better then I would in them!!!

It is my understanding that a woman in hijab, no matter her physical features, looks beautiful to Allah, as she is following His commands.  Knowing that one is pleasing her Creator makes physical beauty irrelevent - it is the beauty of the spirit that shines through!  So, Sister Hayfa, you or any other sister in hijab would be most beautiful .

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 3:18am
Ummiziba, I agree with you but hafya I believe is just joking  otherwise I believe she agrees with you also
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 5:20am

bir you call them hijabs?

They not hijabs. They  are for seduction not for haya

Hijabs are to lower a man hormones.  Not raise them

queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:42pm

Hijab is a fardh (obligation)prescribed by Allah the almighty. It is not to lower mens hormones???Please bring daleel which states that it is to lower mens hormones. Their hormones are their own problems and the qu'ran and sunnah has instructed a man on how to deal with that. So they should deal with it.Dear brother 123 I wear hijab because allah (swt) has commanded me to do so and it would be sin upon me if I didn't. I do not wear it to lower mens hormones. Anyway thats impossible!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 11:10am

Bismillah,

Go Queenie! (Lower your gaze, bro!)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
sinful servant View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 3:27am

salaams

maypb u are right about wha the hijab is supposed to cover but think about WHY we wear hijab,we do it t=so as not to attract unsude attention to ourselves, im not saying it mustnt look nice, i make sure allmy scarves math what imwearing, but it must not attract undue attention and this is what herjihad is saying and i agree with her.they were absolutely stunning some ofthe styles and as a new hijabi i was quite interested in them but again it was alluring and almos the same as looking at models in a magazine for edgars or some clothing store.i am not putting ummziba's websites or idea to share them with us down, i am simply saying that the purpose ofyou wearibng hijaab is not to attract attnetion and when wearinf it we should remember this.

salaams

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:05am

Bismillah,

This week I've seen two traditional hijabis with their bellies showing.  Aargh! (And I mean when they're standing straight up because they have those cut off shirts and low pants!)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 6:04am
OK,
a muslim woman shouldn't get any attention but if you are living in UK or even in Turkey as well today.. and if you go out with you hijaab you already get the attention!

Because you can be the only person with a hijaab in a crowd!

If you are living in Suudi Arabia or maybe in Pakistan, you can wear something less attractive to not get attention. But if you wear hijaab in an area where there are not so many hijaabi woman, you will absolutley get the attention.

I am living in London, it's not a problem here.. People get to used it but last year i went to outside of London for a trip with husband and with two friends. We went to small shopping mall to buy something to eat.

And people was looking me directly! I was the only hijaabi person in the mall.. And i get all the attention from male and femal of course..

The only way to not get the attention is not going out and staying at home..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic