IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam and POWs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam and POWs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam and POWs
    Posted: 15 October 2008 at 1:26am
Interesting !
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
cadnu View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadnu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

JazakAllahu khayr for sharing  it with us.

By the way, i hope you {Pakistanis} follow them with POWs of India Smile

We {Indians}, anyways do not follow any such teachings as belong to a non-muslim country.

India follows the international law.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 9:06am
About the treatment of POWs in Islamic history.....

The Mongols almost wiped out the entire Muslim world in the 13th century. Only the Egyptians managed to check there advance. It is reported that, a Mongol prince Baraka Khan came to learn about the humane way the Mongol POWs were treated by their Egyptian captors and became interested to learn about Islam. He got acquainted with General Baybars of Egypt and converted to Islam. What followed was simply amazing. The Mongols who conquered the Muslims were conquered by Islam.

Edited by Saladin - 13 October 2008 at 9:10am
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:53am

Whatever, Ramayana is good for our tourism industry.

LOL

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 8:49am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

By the way, i had a question for you Saladin. A news channel from India, reached out into interiors of Srilankan forests and discovered Ravana's grave. Is it true ? I had a thought that this Ram and Ravan are just fictional stories.

I havent heard of Ravana's cave being found but sometime back a pre-historic grave with a fossilised skeleton was discovered in southern Srilanka, dated to be around 7000 years old.
I think 'Ramayana' was either mythology or a highly romanticized and exaggerated account of historical events. The record of it, is found only in Indian mythology. There's nothing about it in Srilankan history, although we have what is called Ravana Caves and Seetha Garden- where Seetha was supposed to have been kept captive.
Whatever, Ramayana is good for our tourism industry.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 2:13am
Thanks Saladin!

Yup Siachen! The name just slipped my mind.

Interesting fact: More soldiers there fall victim to frost bite, than they do to the enemy. (both sides!) Most of them end up getting amputated :'(

True about talks not suceeding due to Politics. . . it shouldnt be that complicated now should it?

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 10:15pm
Yes, its Siachen Glacier dispute between both countries. But you know Br. Saladin, that many a times talks takes place between both countries, but they end without results. Its all for political gains.

By the way, i had a question for you Saladin. A news channel from India, reached out into interiors of Srilankan forests and discovered Ravana's grave. Is it true ? I had a thought that this Ram and Ravan are just fictional stories.

Hope our mods are n't reading. Am diverting from the topic Wink

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:10am
don't remember the name of the Glacier, but you know, the one that Pak and India share a border on?

Siachen Glacier. The highest battleground on Earth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic