IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Response to Istikhara  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Response to Istikhara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 3:34am
Hello Ruhi

How you you know I am not a Muslim ;-) lol

I try to seek God above and beyond all created things, in the hope that in finding God, I will know all things, and love all as God intends all be loved - as a proper 'vice-regent' should do :-) I pray for the 'grace' always to 'submit' to the will of God in all things, as Jesus told us to do, and as I believe God is Love - and Love Alone will satisfy the heart and soul for which it's been created. God/Allah Alone. You might use other words that mean the same thing - Al-Rahim, Al-Rahman, Al-Wadud - etc. Well they speak the same thing to me anyway.

I remember my first introdution to the compassionate heart of God. Represented on a little piece of white paper in brown ink. I remember wondering why 'God' seemed so 'sad'. I was five years old. Forty years ago. I have looked for that God ever since. I found Him in the most unusual places. But the one place I think God wants to be known more than anywhere else - in the heart. When we begin to find God in our own heart - we develop a compassionate heart too, and more easily see God in all others - even those who MIGHT seem - seem mind you - less than 'Godly'.

Have to admit Ruhi - I am reluctant to use labels for anyone. They create disharmony more often than not.

I don't know that I can, or ever will be able to accept Muhammad as superior to Jesus, Ruhi, and that's just how it is. But I don't know what the future holds. My intent is sincere though and God's will be done - whatever that be. :-)

God bless

Edited by Gulliver - 10 October 2008 at 3:37am
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 3:44am
What strikes me about the Qu'ran is how so many, maybe most, all of the chapters begin by referring to God as the Most Compassionate and Merciful.  Love, Compassion and Mercy.  This for me is Allah / God.

One little thing that came to mind.  I am not a Muslim. I offered a Muslim prayer to God at it seemed it was accepted ? Is there not something that says that Muslim prayer offered by non Muslims is not acceptable to God ?

I may be wrong - but I thought I read something here about that the other day.

Edited by Gulliver - 10 October 2008 at 4:33am
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 1:26pm

Assalamu alaikum.

Brother Gulliver.

Please reflect on this saying of the holy Prophet, Muhammad Rasulullah. He said, I came and met an uncompleted house. I completed it by just putting a corner brick and made it habitable".  As a Christian provided you read and understand the OT and NT as I read it, you have the knowledge of about 60-70% of what is in the Qur'an.  Reading the OT increases my faith. The name Ahmad or Muhammad was mentioned in the OT and NT in the language of the OT and NT. Among the Messengers mentioned in the Qur 'an, only the Arab Messengers were not mentioned in the OT. What was revealed to him for 19 years out of the 23 years of the period of Revelation to Muhamamad Rasulullah, has relation to what is in the OT and NT. The door to understand Muhammad is opened and all what you need to do is to face the east and prayer. You are already a Muslim and obeying Muhammad whether you like it or not. For Muhammad did not principally abrogated the precepts in the OT, but applied it. Send me your email to send you how Muhammad related with the Children of Israel in Madina . Understand they did not fight him. We have nothing to do with their behaviour to him for in the long run He forgive them. They were so to speak our standards. You see, during our physiology practical lessons we used to inject rabbits with curarine to see its effect on animals. This is against the Shari'a of Muhammad. But Allah will forgive me, becaus I did it for the benefit of mankind. We need you to establish the Khalifate and reduce hunger, poverty and discrimination in the world. Muhammad is to us what Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, Saul were to the Jews. 

Friendship
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 2:41pm
"Sis, what do you mean maybe it's a sign? Im not sure if I can say this here, but the current guy in my life seems just a little bit too loose, and his values are shallow and superficial."

I was teasing that I got the article about Istikhara at the same time you were asking,  that it was a sign. But from what I can read between the lines that you've written above it seems there are some issues about his character that are not pleasing to you. Perhaps the Istikhara is working.

"By the way sister Shasta, did you return that diamond set.Smile"

I just tried it on and admired it. Wore it to my best friend's to give her a heart attack. I never officially took possession.

"One little thing that came to mind.  I am not a Muslim. I offered a Muslim prayer to God at it seemed it was accepted ? Is there not something that says that Muslim prayer offered by non Muslims is not acceptable to God ?"

A Muslim is someone who submits to the Will of God. That is the literal definition. Only God can know the condition of your heart and your intentions when you prayed.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Ruhi Islam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 12:51pm
Sorry guys, thank you all for the replies, I am really busy, would love to respond but short on time, just wanted to say thanks for your response, your sister Ruhi Islam
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 3:34am

There is no 'physical' sign of Istikhara, some ppl say you should see a dream or so-and-so object. They give a whole list of colours and objects and thier interpretations. . . . thats really not the point, and doesnt happen.

After Istikhara, One gets a strong feeling about either decision. And just trust that feeling - and leave things in Allah's hands. If you are unsure, pray to Allah that He take the matter into His Own hands - that will be a huge burden off you. And let it be, and let things unfold. Inshalah He will sort things out. Like shasta's aunt mentioned, matters will unfold themselves. . . just take them in stride. Its such a huge relief to know that Allah is taking care of things. . .  Smile Just continue the Istikhara until you reach your goal. And after things work out, dont forget to pray 2 rakat 'shukrana' . . .

Shasta's Aunt's incident explains Istikhara vividly . . .       

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Ruhi Islam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhi Islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 1:39pm
JazakumAllahu khairan guys, wonderful responses mashala.

I LOVE the community here on IC, and I cant wait to begin posting inshala one month's time.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2008 at 1:39am
Assalamu alaikum.
 Guilliver.
It is not correct you call yourself not a Muslim technically, because Allah (God) did not create you but to worship Him and Him alone. He gave you freedom to worship who and whatever you like. But you know that, that thing you are worshipping did not create himself, and was not in existence at one particular moment.
Prayer technically is the MAHAL (bone marrow) of Iman (Faith) belief in Allah, His Books, Messengers (including Jesus) etc. So as a believer  of Jesus, Allah will accept your prayer expecially if it is for the good of mankind.
Istihara meaning seeking what is best is given a distorted meaning by the Muslims. One has has already believed in Muhammad so what best is one seeking for again? What ever one is seeking for has been told by Muhammad and he showed him the way to achieve it.  So what else does one need? Is there a better way other than that? May be later one would be able to fly from Indonesia to Makka in a second! So, if the time comes, it is best to them than what it is to us today! We must be patient and work hard for Allah has subjected all whatever is in the heavens and earth for us. There is no evidence that Muhammad  ever performeed Istihara, neither his Sahabas. Allah says, "Then when you take a decision, put your trust in Allah, certanly Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)". It was never the case that Muhammad said something without putting it into practice.
Frindship. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic